VHL General Discussion

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't know what has he been doing this summer but this is a free fall if I ever saw one.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Sokol with 11 wins now in 14 games. Someone please pinch and wake me up. This can't be real. I always had faith in this team and the city but I didn't expect such a show that early.

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Well, not "news" anymore but Saratov apparently left the league a while ago. Some of their games had been postponed lately but I never thought it was because they left the league. Maybe some infrastructural problems or such minor stuff. A few minutes ago, while checking the schedule, I juts realized all Saratov games were auto-wins for the opponents.

I couldn't find a recent article explaining the whole situation but it seems that they were simply unable to pay bills and wages. No idea if they'll come back in next season.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Anisin drops down to the VHL and signs a deal with Karaganda. Should be able to do some damage at this level I think.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I actually though Karaganda might be going for him after they signed Sitnikov which is a similar case. Just their kind of signing. Gelashvili was a similar case as well. If those guys work out it's gonna be great for Saryarka, I'm not certain they will at this point.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Buran is not playing out the season and finally folded, I assume. Ustinka rewarded with technical victory.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Saryarka looking very strong after 4-1 series win against Chekhov loaded with CSKA regulars like Kuzmenko, Osnovin, Karnaukhov, Koshelev, Kvartalnov, Yermakov, Chmykhov. That's easily conference finals roster they just eliminated in 5 games.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Saryarka looking very strong after 4-1 series win against Chekhov loaded with CSKA regulars like Kuzmenko, Osnovin, Karnaukhov, Koshelev, Kvartalnov, Yermakov, Chmykhov. That's easily conference finals roster they just eliminated in 5 games.

Both Kazakh teams are really solid, so I was surprised that Ustinka actually struggled quite a bit with Izhevsk team albeit strengthened with Severstal fourthliners.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Heard that Gornyak Uchaly will play in VHL next season and will be a 'full-time' farm team of Avtomobilist.

Avtomobilist and not Ufa? :laugh: Then again, Avtomobilist is icing huge amount of Ufa raised kids, there seems to be some connection there.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Avtomobilist and not Ufa? :laugh: Then again, Avtomobilist is icing huge amount of Ufa raised kids, there seems to be some connection there.

I think Avtomobilist and Gornyak had the same main sponsor (Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company). And, of course, Ufa already has a full-time VHL affiliate.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Saryarka actually facing elimination after 5 games against Kurhan. This would be pretty huge upset.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Saryarka actually facing elimination after 5 games against Kurhan. This would be pretty huge upset.

And it happened, Karaganda is out. Also Ust-Kamenogorsk has to play game seven after also blowing two goal lead in game six.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Balashika is trashing everyone's lights being led by young guys who have been in Dynamo system for years. Nice to see. The thing which isn't as nice is that a group of guys barely in their 20s are cruising through the "pros" of the KHL.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Balashika is trashing everyone's lights being led by young guys who have been in Dynamo system for years. Nice to see. The thing which isn't as nice is that a group of guys barely in their 20s are cruising through the "pros" of the KHL.

Are you watching the games? I'm watching Torpedo (surprise, surprise) games and I'm often appalled by the lack of hustle by the players of the puck. The intensity just isn't there even though players are no unskilled bums. I can see why new generation hopefuls that are willing to skate through walls can perform so well in VHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah I'm watching bits and pieces of games and it doesn't surprise me. In general, I hate watching VHL because of what you said. It's terribly low scoring league and most of the time you really feel like that lack of scoring is down to lack of effort and lack of clear system of how to get things done, players just mailing it in year after year.

Malkinfan always talks about good old rush hockey is played in the VHL and how the hockey world misses it. Well, at the same time very few teams in this league play hard so I don't know what's worse.

Dynamo is playing Dynamo way and having good success. It's probably the only system in the league somewhat consistent in its approach throughout the tiers. Unsurprisingly they picked Oreshkin (who came all the through from the MHL) to replace Vitolins and will probably pick whoever is coaching Balashika now to replace Oreshkin one day.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Some thoughts on today's game. 1) Balashika won which I was expecting; 2) Ustinka looked better than I was expecting so the series will be pretty tight; scoring first is key however; 3) I was very surprised Andrei Mironov was still eligible to play in the VHL. Naturally it was a different Andrei Mironov but how crazy is that there are 2 Andrei Mironovs actively playing hockey (according to eliteprospects) and they are both Ds, born less than a year apart and both play in the same system.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
It wasn't that long ago that Garnett was in the Gagarin Cup. That's a serious fall from grace.

Its true. He'll be on £40k per year, although I believe he's come to finish his education which is paid as part of his contract - although he should be able to afford that by now

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
This team signed Eduard Zakharchenko as well. Ukraine goalie.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Regarding Garnett, he worked hard for years in Russia, I think he simply wants to take it easy now. EIHL offers a lot of advantages regarding that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad