Confirmed Trade: [VGK/SJS] Adin Hill for 2024 4th-round

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
You can’t take anything away from him. He played with a lot of ice in his veins.

That said, all of their goaltenders played well this year. They’re playing in Bruce Cassidy’s system, with an actual 6 man D-Core, who forces everything outside.

There will be offers because of how he played. It won’t be anything crazy though.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
This aged well

Ya. We all should have known that a 3rd string goalie traded for a 4th rounder in August was going to backstop a team to a Cup win.

I was wrong, I'll admit it surely. But the comment was absolutely justified at the time.

And, to be totally pedantic, the comment is still 2/3ds correct. Vegas had 2 goalies who couldn't do the job.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Ya. We all should have known that a 3rd string goalie traded for a 4th rounder in August was going to backstop a team to a Cup win.

I was wrong, I'll admit it surely. But the comment was absolutely justified at the time.

And, to be totally pedantic, the comment is still 2/3ds correct. Vegas had 2 goalies who couldn't do the job.
At the time, there's no justifacation to give up more than a 4th for him, and a 4th was even a bit much. He came into a situation and seized the opportunity, happens alot... Theres always one guy in a contract year that plays well in the playoffs and gets a $4mil deal, and then comes back to reality. TBD on Hill.
None the less played a hell of a playoffs

Reactions: banks

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
At the time, there's no justifacation to give up more than a 4th for him, and a 4th was even a bit much. He came into a situation and seized the opportunity, happens alot... Theres always one guy in a contract year that plays well in the playoffs and gets a $4mil deal, and then comes back to reality. TBD on Hill.
None the less played a hell of a playoffs
Hill wasn't as bad before this year as people act. He had league average stats despite playing for 2 horribl Arizona and sharks teams. Doesn't look like a future star starter but as a backup or even 1b he is fine. He will cash in on a bad contract for this cup though.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Hill wasn't as bad before this year as people act. He had league average stats despite playing for 2 horribl Arizona and sharks teams. Doesn't look like a future star starter but as a backup or even 1b he is fine. He will cash in on a bad contract for this cup though.
No he wasnt as bad as people have said thats for sure, but worth a 4th at that time was justified. Nothing more. But yes, overpayment most likely incoming, but is what it is, played well at the right time

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
It wasn't about you but you managed do do it anyways

You asked “what emotion do YOU feel”, and I answered you. Yes, I managed to answer your direct question.

Are you now confused?

Last edited:

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
You asked “what emotion do YOU feel”, and I answered you. Yes, I managed to answer your direct question.

Are you now confused?

Are you now confused?
What emotion do you feel when you read PEOPLE'S POSTS but you made it about your posts and to take it a little further you still never posted an emotion in your response. Don't worry about it. It doesn't need to go any further.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Truth is that Hill made considerable progress during the season, going from marginal and getting pulled a couple of times early in the season (I didn't have much faith in him based on his early play) to being a pretty solid goalie down the stretch. Cassidy worked with him a bunch and it seemed to really help when Quick came onboard as almost another goalie coach. Even veterans can sometimes pick up their game, and Hill certainly did so, finding his confidence too which one could watch grow by leaps and bounds by almost every game to where he was downright spunky towards the end.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
What emotion do you feel when you read PEOPLE'S POSTS but you made it about your posts and to take it a little further you still never posted an emotion in your response. Don't worry about it. It doesn't need to go any further.

Again, congrats on always having opinions that stand up to subsequent events. It's truly remarkable.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

What a weird Hill to die on. :snide:

• Haha
Reactions: McD37 and banks

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008

I didn't say had predict a cup win but to doubt a guy who is obviously capable of playing in the NHL is a little absurd. These guys may be third string goalies but their still the best of the best in the world and are obviously capable of getting hot and playing well at any given time. Hf is always quick to write off anyone who has a bad stretch or hasn't been given a fair shake yet in their career and theyre quick to forget what exactly got these guys to the show to begin with

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00