Confirmed Trade: [VGK/DAL] Marc Methot Traded To Dallas for G Dylan Ferguson + 2nd in 2020

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
As a Vegas / huuuuge Ottawa fan, I was hoping for a deadline deal so Methot could show he does have very underrated offensive skills when not paired with Karlsson, but this return will be incredibly interesting.

I know in another thread Dallas fans said no to Dickinson, but I think that's a fair deal, or if Nill is confident enough that Dallas will get back to form next year, I think there's an outside shot at a 1st round pick and maybe a 2nd or 3rd back to Dallas.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I thought this would happen at the draft, with these teams swapping first round picks as part of the deal.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Going to be really interesting to see the return. Ottawa´s GM was really interested in keeping him and said he really didnt want to lose him the expansion draft but felt GMGM was asking for too much. If Dallas dont pay alot for him now, i guess Sens GM didnt really want him back that much.

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
If Johns
Good year on a bad team last year and great numbers in AHL. Was hoping for a forward though. Have to move another d now.

Last edited by a moderator:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Bobby Mac says he's been traded, and then right after Dreger says the trade is close to being done. Lol Dreger such a clown.

Only insider Dreger has ever had is Nonis because of family connections. The guy is a hack. He blurts out what he hears from reliable sources where he's employed, which I can't understand why they keep him employed.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
They've still got nine defensemen under NHL contract, and two RFAs.

So, some of those guys.

Bunch of scrubs plus players like Schmidt and Theodore.

I was prepared for the tank, so I ain't even mad.

That was supposed to be the second strength next to goalie too lol!!!

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
They've still got nine defensemen under NHL contract, and two RFAs.

So, some of those guys.

11 after trading Methot if you count Schmidt and Reinhart.

Not quite sure why McPhee decided it would be a good idea to take all of Garrison/Sbisa/Emelin/Stoner. That's like $15M+ tied up in older dmen who probably no one wants. I'm guessing they can only trade them with retention which is still gonna be tough, Schlemko only got a 5th so I'm interested in how he maneuvers this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad