Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CBJ] Jonathan Quick (50% retained) for Michael Hutchinson, 2025 7th round pick

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Quick sucks now but I imagine he’ll be a bit happier in Vegas than in Columbus. Not a shot at Columbus CBJ fans, just talking proximity to LA.
Yeah also Vegas is going to make the playoffs which is something Quick apparently wants to leverage into another potential contract.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Quicks problem isn't motivation, desire, or anything like that. It is two things - physical limitations of not being able to move like he used to, and his style isn't conducive to stopping today's shooters.

He was a money goalie when the rage was generating traffic and trying to screen the goalie, his reflexes and ability to fight through that were 2nd to none. His weakness has always been open shooters, especially high blocker, 7th hole, and so on. And that's exactly what shooters do now. His lateral movement is mostly shot as is his ability to swallow a lot of rebounds. You could see it leak into his game the last few years, but he still had the reflexes to get through it. Once those went this is what we had in LA.

I wish him nothing but the best and he is a legend, but if he's starting for your team you aren't in the best of shape. His GSAx is absolutely awful, he's constantly let in goals he shouldn't have this year.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
0hunVRx.gif

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Quicks problem isn't motivation, desire, or anything like that. It is two things - physical limitations of not being able to move like he used to, and his style isn't conducive to stopping today's shooters.

He was a money goalie when the rage was generating traffic and trying to screen the goalie, his reflexes and ability to fight through that were 2nd to none. His weakness has always been open shooters, especially high blocker, 7th hole, and so on. And that's exactly what shooters do now. His lateral movement is mostly shot as is his ability to swallow a lot of rebounds. You could see it leak into his game the last few years, but he still had the reflexes to get through it. Once those went this is what we had in LA.

I wish him nothing but the best and he is a legend, but if he's starting for your team you aren't in the best of shape. His GSAx is absolutely awful, he's constantly let in goals he shouldn't have this year.
So he’s MAF?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
He's really bad now but I hope he turns it around. I assume Vegas isn't bringing him in to be the starter.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Yes! Got our mole in the Vegas organization now! Kiss that division lead goodbye.

:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad