Confirmed Trade: [VGK/ARI] Dysin Mayo for 2023 5th round pick and Shea Weber

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Guy's so rich he's already stiffing contractors and couldn't pay the rent on the previous arena. He's so rich that he can afford to "drop $2B" on a new arena development but needs to nickel and dime the guys on the ice.

Didn’t pay the rent but wanted the team to sign a 15 year lease extension? Seems odd…

Reactions: hbk

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That he also didn't plan on paying.

He's got a history of his businesses missing payments.
i think you missed the point. The City of Glendale wanted a 15 year agreement and when the Coyotes didn't give it to them they started a smear campaign.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
i think you missed the point. The City of Glendale wanted a 15 year agreement and when the Coyotes didn't give it to them they started a smear campaign.
The Coyotes didn't need a smear campaign lmao. Their reputation precedes them.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
The conspiracy theory that the NHL and other owners let Arizona survive to be the league’s bad contract dump ground has to have some truth to it

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Heard from a friend that Weber owns a medium size factory in Oatman, AZ. Conditions of the trade are that Weber will rent it out to the Coyotes for cheap who are going to build a 500 seat arena to play in next season.:naughty:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I hope the Yotes end up being successful long term just to prove the clowns in this thread wrong...
I feel for you being a yotes fan , there is dismay and hopelessness cheering for a poorly run franchise and then there is being a fan on the coyotes. It's like you're sentenced to 6 life sentences of bad hockey

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
I feel for you being a yotes fan , there is dismay and hopelessness cheering for a poorly run franchise and then there is being a fan on the coyotes. It's like you're sentenced to 6 life sentences of bad hockey
Coming from a Habs fan? Your team has had as much success as the Yotes in the past 20 years..Save for a fluky run during covid.
At the end of the day the only thing that matters is winning the cup. It has been 30 years and counting for MTL now.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I have a friend that collects coupons, she can walk into a supermarket, after a decent amount of time haggling with the cashier, come out with 15 toothpastes, 20 tampons, 3 bottles of shampoo, some gum and a baby formula, receive another wad of coupons, and have the supermarket pay her $11.29.

….and everyone in line behind her wants to murder her.

Reactions: Mosby

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We are actually all quite excited for the future. It's been rough but we finally have a owner with a plan and deep pockets.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Well he is trying to build a $2 Billion entertainment district. He does have a plan here.
yeah its not going only be the Coyotes Arena , he will have a couple hotels and residential apartment buildings as well as other commercial venues ..

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
The Coyotes didn't need a smear campaign lmao. Their reputation precedes them.

The Coyote's fans are actually pretty excited about what is happening in Tempe with a "yes" vote .. the only down fall is when we listen to uninformed Canadian media as well as most of the uninformed posters on these boards who really just like to join in with the "mob" mentality

Reactions: hbk

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The Coyote's fans are actually pretty excited about what is happening in Tempe with a "yes" vote .. the only down fall is when we listen to uninformed Canadian media as well as most of the uninformed posters on these boards who really just like to join in with the "mob" mentality
yeah there is something to be said when fans of other teams try to tell Coyote fans how they should feel about their team.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What was incorrect? That Meruelo hasn't missed payments on the Glendale arena? That Meruelo doesn't have a history of stiffing contractors and payments? That the Coyotes haven't missed paycheques for players in the past? That the Coyotes are trying to get the City to pass a new sales tax and give them a property tax reprieve to pay for the arena?

Yeah, Coyotes fans likely are excited about a new arena in Tempe. If I lived there and was a Yotes fan, I would be.

But what in the above list is "uninformed"?

yeah there is something to be said when fans of other teams try to tell Coyote fans how they should feel about their team.
I didn't do anything of the sort. I was just listing off facts. Things that Mereulo and the Coyotes have done/are doing.

My speculation was about Mereulo's future plans.

Literally never said anything about Coyotes fans. People want to invent reasons to get mad by pretending people made arguments or said things they didn't. That's on them.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Great username. I'm assuming you're an Oilers fan?

If so you'd know about poorly run franchises.... just to be fair, let's throw out the Coyotes bubble playoff round victory. Congratulations you've won one more playoff round than the Coyotes since 2007. The ineptitude these teams share is amazing. They were almost equally inept against the Avs in their most recent playoff series...except the Coyotes managed to avoid getting swept and won a game.
Polish_20230224_120204444.jpg

I think the Oilers win this ineptitude contest easily given the ability to draft 4 first overall picks since 2007, including you know who, when the Coyotes highest 4 picks over that same span was 2 3rd overall selections, a 5th & 6th (Oilers 5 through 8 next highest picks being 3, 4, 6, 7).

I suspect a little easier for Coyotes fans to deal with the hopelessness and dismay of their prior history given they usually outperformed most prognosticators predictions, whereas Oilers have routinely under-achieved with all that talent.

Don't let your hopelessness and dismay get you down...if needed put those classic Police Squad episodes on and/or enjoy a Naked Gun movie marathon!

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Great username. I'm assuming you're an Oilers fan?

If so you'd know about poorly run franchises.... just to be fair, let's throw out the Coyotes bubble playoff round victory. Congratulations you've won one more playoff round than the Coyotes since 2007. The ineptitude these teams share is amazing. They were almost equally inept against the Avs in their most recent playoff series...except the Coyotes managed to avoid getting swept and won a game.
View attachment 656056

I think the Oilers win this ineptitude contest easily given the ability to draft 4 first overall picks since 2007, including you know who, when the Coyotes highest 4 picks over that same span was 2 3rd overall selections, a 5th & 6th (Oilers 5 through 8 next highest picks being 3, 4, 6, 7).

I suspect a little easier for Coyotes fans to deal with the hopelessness and dismay of their prior history given they usually outperformed most prognosticators predictions, whereas Oilers have routinely under-achieved with all that talent.

Don't let your hopelessness and dismay get you down...if needed put those classic Police Squad episodes on and/or enjoy a Naked Gun movie marathon!
I don't really take the success (or lack of) my favourite teams too seriously, Montreal and Edmonton. I've been told they're both bad and poorly run for a long time.

But at least they're trying to be good.

I better be nice, you guys will be trading for Carey Price soon, treat him good.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I don't really take the success (or lack of) my favourite teams too seriously, Montreal and Edmonton. I've been told they're both bad and poorly run for a long time.

But at least they're trying to be good.

I better be nice, you guys will be trading for Carey Price soon, treat him good.
Price is too expensive in real dollars - BA wouldn't go near that contract with a ten foot pole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad