Confirmed Trade: [VGK/ARI] Dysin Mayo for 2023 5th round pick and Shea Weber

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I don’t see a problem with that, some teams have a stockpile of picks to use, some have cap space
The problem is that this allows the yotes to not actually have players on their team they have to pay. It’s cap circumvention and the league won’t do anything about it because this is the only way Bettman’s coyotes can ice a team. Please keep Bedard out of the desert.

Actually we are quite happy with the rebuild.
We can tell by all the fan support

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
The problem is that this allows the yotes to not actually have players on their team they have to pay. It’s cap circumvention and the league won’t do anything about it
To be fair, it's completely and explicitly legal under the CBA, not circumventing anything

Reactions: Ciao

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This guy is happy he got a great teammate

1677119640853.png

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
wah wah wah!! Great move by BA and co. When other fans of teams are crying you know you're doing something right.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Man Arizona is the garbage dump of the NHL
Arizona in perpetual rebuild which is HFboards motto, get draft picks and get rid of players that are young but will get older once the rebuild is done which is never 😂

wah wah wah!! Great move by BA and co. When other fans of teams are crying you know you're doing something right.
Crying??? I think they are laughing at what a trash team Arizona has become. I think JR should trade them OEL and Myers to Arizona just to clear cap lol

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Arizona in perpetual rebuild which is HFboards motto, get draft picks and get rid of players that are young but will get older once the rebuild is done which is never 😂

Crying??? I think they are laughing at what a trash team Arizona has become. I think JR should trade them OEL and Myers to Arizona just to clear cap lol
Arizona finally has a GM that knows what he is doing. Look up the day Bill Armstrong got hired and see what he has done since. Chych wants to be traded and Bill is requesting his wish. I think JR should call up Jimmy Benning and ask him about how he got bent over the rails by the Yotes!!

Also, funny enough the Yotes have made it farther in the playoffs the last 15 years than quite a few teams. Have the Leafs made it past the first round since 2010? Because I am pretty sure the Yotes have!

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
To be fair, it's completely and explicitly legal under the CBA, not circumventing anything
Circumvention doesn't mean breaking the rules, it means going around them. The back-diving contracts were completely and explicitly legal under the CBA at the time, but were still ruled to be circumventing the cap and the teams that gave out those contracts faced some (admittedly very meager) consequences. This is pretty clearly the Coyotes circumventing the salary floor, but I guess the league doesn't care.

There really be a rule that if a player doesn't make any appearances in a season their cap hit doesn't count towards the salary floor.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Arizona finally has a GM that knows what he is doing. Look up the day Bill Armstrong got hired and see what he has done since. Chych wants to be traded and Bill is requesting his wish. I think JR should call up Jimmy Benning and ask him about how he got bent over the rails by the Yotes!!

Also, funny enough the Yotes have made it farther in the playoffs the last 15 years than quite a few teams. Have the Leafs made it past the first round since 2010? Because I am pretty sure the Yotes have!
Benning did not get "bent over", he full on presented, after an evening with slow jazz, soft lighting, an expensive seafood dinner and plenty of dirty talk. Not to slut shame, but he wanted that deal, and that is no small part of why he is no longer at the helm.

And yes, Toronto is a laughing stock too, but somehow still has a lineup of players looking to sign below market rates as UFAs, for some inexplicable reason. Like its being close to where they grew up as being it, right?

Circumvention doesn't mean breaking the rules, it means going around them. The back-diving contracts were completely and explicitly legal under the CBA at the time, but were still ruled to be circumventing the cap and the teams that gave out those contracts faced some (admittedly very meager) consequences. This is pretty clearly the Coyotes circumventing the salary floor, but I guess the league doesn't care.

There really be a rule that if a player doesn't make any appearances in a season their cap hit doesn't count towards the salary floor.
They were only meager when they weren't the Canucks, the only team that got bitten by them.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Vegas probably trying to get out of LTIR next season and might find Mayo useful.

Pure cap floor move for Arizona next season. Weber isn't owed much in actual cash.
Arizona could get a 3rd at least. What a dumb trade.

Oilers could gladly trade a lot of players for picks to dump salary. Puljujärvi is what Arizona needs, and a pick swap, like pulju+ 3rd for a 5th.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Arizona could get a 3rd at least. What a dumb trade.
There are more teams this year that are looking to add salary and/or tank.

But none of them need Weber, except for the garbage Coyotes franchise. It's exactly the kind of contracts these clowns need to maintain appearances that they meet cap requirements.

They probably just told Vegas to name their price.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

But none of them need Weber, except for the garbage Coyotes franchise. It's exactly the kind of contracts these clowns need to maintain appearances that they meet cap requirements.

Or players who are signed to the end of this season to a stupid contract and hardly contribites and get a pick as well. Arizona didnt need this.

Arizona should collect 5 1sts the coming 3 years just taking salary dump moves on 1 - 3 year long bad contracts. 15 1sts 3 years, meanwhile the picks are developong, the older players play out their contracts.

But a tank strategy seldom helps, a poorly franshise tire out competetive players. Chuchryn was drafted im the tank era, and wants already out. Tanking backfires

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

It's easy to bend over Jim Benning, even a kindergartner would win a trade against him so nothing to boast about. You keep praising the Yotes GM but when will they start building an actual NHL team? It's easy to tear a team down, the hard part is to build a winner. So I guess maybe you should hold on to the praise until we see coyotes actually make the playoffs.

And to think some poster here praising the clowns running the Coyotes management 🤣

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
The problem is that this allows the yotes to not actually have players on their team they have to pay. It’s cap circumvention and the league won’t do anything about it because this is the only way Bettman’s coyotes can ice a team. Please keep Bedard out of the desert.

We can tell by all the fan support
It's not cap circumvention, his cap counts towards the salary cap like it should, and he gets paid the money he's owed.

Funny, I don't see you bitching about OTT getting out of the Zaitsev contract. I didn't see you complaining that Chicago has now taken on Mrazek, Zaitsev and Johnson. This is what rebuilding teams do. They rebuild. You build a surplus of assets and then use those assets to rebuild.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pavelski2112

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Embarrassing if this is the motivation. Have some pride and grow your team stop being bottom feeders paying league min every year
Arizona is in the league for this very reason.

Cap dump wastesite. That's the only explanation as to why Bettman never moves them.

Look at how huge of a failure they've been. They got tossed out of their own arena for not paying the bills. Now they play NHL games in a college arena that takes what, 5k fans per game?

This is how the other teams can still stay under the cap. Dump everything on Arizona.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's not cap circumvention, his cap counts towards the salary cap like it should, and he gets paid the money he's owed.

Funny, I don't see you bitching about OTT getting out of the Zaitsev contract. I didn't see you bitching that Chicago has now taken on Mrazek, Zaitsev and Johnson. This is what rebuilding teams do. They rebuild. You build a surplus of assets and then use those assets to rebuild.

Mrazek Zaitsev and Johnson actually play for the Hawks, nor do the Hawks need their contracts to hit the cap floor lol. Couldn’t be any worse of a comparison if you tried. The Hawks are doing it for picks, Arizona is doing it to save 6 figures in cash paid out because they can’t afford to spend 70 mil without insurance paying effectively retired players.

There is some poetry to the fact that they drafted Chychrun with a pick they got for taking on Datsyuk's ghost contract to help them artificially reach the cap floor, proceeded to squander him as an asset for their team, are further from being competitive than they were when they drafted him, and now have to trade for yet another ghost contract because otherwise trading Chychrun would put them below the cap floor again. The cycle of life is just beautiful isn't it?

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Your Arizona Coyotes:
Projected Cap Hit$66,446,633
Projected Cap Space$16,053,367
Current Cap Space$59,397,457
LTIR Pool$0
Roster22/23
Contracts47/50

Arizona really can run it! 59M cap... :D :D :D

Ad