Veteran cut from camp

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
Hi,

If some of you would like to put here all veterans from last year that didn't make the cut for this year..

Exemple a 18 yrs old last year don't make it at 19th this year or a 19th that didn't comeback for is OA year etc..

Thanks for the one who will do it.

the dog

May 16, 2014
think he meant players that played in ohl last year but were cut this year?

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
What would you consider a veteran player ??

I'd think their would be a difference of opinion around the league as a fan I would consider a veteran to be 18 or older but that's hard to justify due to the fact that some players don't arrive to the league till there 17-18 years old ???

barto316

Dec 30, 2009
MacAuthur cut in Niagara. No surprise as they're returning 8 guys that played in the league last year and Constantinou is going to make the team for sure.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Barwell and Davies from the Spirit. McCool Spits. They are OA's this year. Is that what your looking for?

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Flint waived veteran G Connor Hicks.

I expect he'll be headed elsewhere--he's apparently practicing with the Soo Greyhounds. Thought Hamilton would take a flyer on him as I don't see Donofrio or Ceci making the team.

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Interesting to note @Oshawa_Generals roster currently missing Robbie Burt, but not final yet, says GM Roger Hunt.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I think you can add Wilkie to the list. Unconfirmed from the organization however he has stated his good byes on twitter.

WJ

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Robbie Burt cut from the Gens and sounds like he's headed to the Q. He was drafted 11th overall (3 spots ahead of Nick Suzuki. Kingston wants that one back....

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
So do the Gennies who took him as the 'key figure' in the trade for Dal Colle.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So do the Gennies who took him as the 'key figure' in the trade for Dal Colle.

The "key figure" in those trades were the 2000 draft picks they got. When trading away a star you can only get their 1st round pick so Burt was literally the only option. Kingston just drafted very poorly and it screwed both teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad