Seravalli: Vegas "well down the track" on talks to acquire Jonathan Quick, salary cap obstacles could prevent trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
This reminds me of when LA gifted McNabb to Vegas in the expansion draft and McNabb had the series-winning goal against LA the next postseason. :laugh:

It doesn't seem to me like a bad idea for Vegas to acquire Quick as an insurance policy. Both of their goalies have played fewer than 100 NHL games and never been in an NHL playoffs, whereas Quick is comfortable in the playoffs and even tends to step up in them. I think that it comes down to "if your inexperienced starter chokes in the playoffs, would you feel better taking a chance on the other inexperienced goalie or the proven vet?"
quick seems physically done though and his stats arent even bad nhl backup worthy.

Don't know the health situations or broissont and thompson but hill is still better option than quick. And if those guys aren't healthy come playoff time, Hutchinson actually stepped in during playoffs for avalanche a few years ago and wasn't terrible winning them a couple games so they might be okay with him backing up hill than quick.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He did have 3 down years before a good year last season but his numbers this year are even worse those 3 years. He was about mid .890s for those 3 years. He is now .876. That is just not nhl level play at this point. He is done. If you watch its even more apparent.

I do agree that he most likely is done and won't be signing in the league next year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I find it hard to believe the possibility of Quick flicking the switch at 37 in the playoffs after a horrible season is high enough to justify even starting him if your goal is to contend. People keep pointing to last year, but he also had a solid enough regular season.

That said, Quick knocking out the Kings with a big performance would be the the kind of thing we watch sports for

Reactions: Trash Panda

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Lmao this would put Kings fans in shambles. Probably puts Knights fans in shambles too because he's not good anymore. I'm here for the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad