Seravalli: Vegas interested in Fleury reunion

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
What’s the story w Lehner, is it looking like a long term injury? Lots of LTIR theories but all I’ve heard is that he’s out Wednesday at this point

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If they can get away with LTIRing Lehner and Stone until the playoffs
Dumping Broissont+ for Fluery at 50%
Dumping Dadonov somewhere
And roll into the playoffs with:

Pacioretty - Eichel - Stone
Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Carrier - Stephenson - Patrick
xxxx - Roy - Kolesar

Martinez - Pietrangelo
Hague - Theodore
McNabb - Whitecloud

Fleury
Lehner

then idk man. they gotta be favorites.

While vegas is a true contender, and the lines look great , there is no guarantee of winning . Players go cold , bad breaks , ect.

Vegas would still have to give up a lot in order to get MAF . Remember stan isn't in charge and the interim GM isn't selling low.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
At some point you kind of have to take a step back and admire how Vegas gives no shits about loyalty and is just trying to do whatever they think is best for their team to win the Stanley Cup.

Is it the way I would do it? No. But hell, you gotta respect it.
Frankly they’ve ruined everything I used to love about hockey. Building a franchise through drafts and scouting, loyalty to players… it felt like the only sport this still existed. Vegas is the standard for when hockey lost its charm.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
MAF brings them to the playoffs and magically Lehner recovers and takes the starting spot again.

Yah, no thanks.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Lehner and his $5 million cap hit to LTIR. Varlamov and his same exact $5 million cap hit to VGK for picks/prospects etc. Incredibly easy Cap-o-nomics. Done.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
What’s the story w Lehner, is it looking like a long term injury? Lots of LTIR theories but all I’ve heard is that he’s out Wednesday at this point

Probably be something stupid like undiagnosable back pain that will miraculously heal for playoffs.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I could be wrong but I dont think Vegas can acquire him with retention. Cap circumvention

That's right, but I think technically Chicago could send him to another team with 50% retention, who would then send him along to Vegas which would not be considered a retained salary transaction.

Although I think the league has pretty wide powers for cap circumvention, so they might just be able to say "how about no" regardless of what the literal rule says

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Clearly Vegas must have took their cap space, bet it on red, and doubled their money

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
MAF thought process:

"You guys really screwed me over this off season & you want me to come back? Ballsy I have to admit... Let's see, I go back & play in critical games for them. I've got my name on The Cup multiple times.... Ooops, I just barely missed that puck & got scored on again. Ooops, missed another on. I'm sorry, I don't know why I can't stop anything. Ooops..."
Hockey needs more in game heel turns.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Frankly they’ve ruined everything I used to love about hockey. Building a franchise through drafts and scouting, loyalty to players… it felt like the only sport this still existed. Vegas is the standard for when hockey lost its charm.

They're definitely willing to gamble more than other teams.

I'll show myself out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad