Vegas Hires Five New Staffers

Jun 6, 2016
Are they really gonna news dump the names on a friday!?! Haha.

Exciting times though, still need to be pinched to find it real.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Okay I'm not entirely sure I like filling a management team with nothing but ex-Capitals staffers. But whatever. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Okay I'm not entirely sure I like filling a management team with nothing but ex-Capitals staffers. But whatever. I'm sure it'll be fine.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas

They already have McCrimmon from outside the Capital family. I'm sure there will be more but I think it would be naive to think he wouldn't make some hires from people he worked closely with in Washington.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
It think it might be. His brother Anthony and Paul both work at the Donskov Hockey Development outside of Columbus, Ohio and their mother is from Ohio.

http://www.donskovhockey.com/our-staff

Yep, that's them. Anthony was born in Westerville, OH. Misha & I are the same age. I distinctly remember them because we only played Columbus teams a couple of times. Columbus youth hockey was terrible and those 2 skated circles around everyone on the ice (while giggling). I can't wait to reintroduce myself to Misha.
"Hey Misha, my name is T.J. You scored a hattrick on me back in 1988."

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They already have McCrimmon from outside the Capital family. I'm sure there will be more but I think it would be naive to think he wouldn't make some hires from people he worked closely with in Washington.

That's true. And it's not seeming like everyone is ex Washington so I jumped the gun a bit.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Jeez they really want every caps guy that worked under McPhee. don't think he has been in nhl since he was fired few years ago

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Wasn't it more of a "Adam Oates is an ******* and I'm not going to do what he wants" firing than a performance based firing? He's always been a good goalie coach, nice to see him back in the NHL.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Conte was a longtime Devils scout. His drafts from the 90s were for the most part awesome. The 2000s weren't as kind. Jury is still out from the last five years.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Man you weren't kidding about the 2000s

In his defense, the Devils were usually picking in the back of the pack and some of those years were just duds in general (looking at you 2001). The recent drafts are looking a bit better, but not getting much from 2005-2010 was a huge root cause of the Devils being out of it since 2013.

I hope Conte does well if he does end up in Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad