*VEGAS Golden Knights*

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Quebec, City of Quebec, Province of Quebec, Canada, North America, The World, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Known Universe, please. Quebec is offensive to locals.

Edit: I'm just saying that should be what they're officially referred to as, it can be shortened to Quebec City or Quebec, City of Quebec informally, of course.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE POINT.

Would you rather they be known as the "QUEBEC" Golden Knights?

Or perhaps the SEATTLE Golden Knights?

Or PORTLAND Golden Knights?

Or HAMILTON Golden Knights?

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side

Quebec would never name their team the Golden Knights

Seattle would be exciting.

Portland and Hamilton won't ever get teams.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

I think we've had a reasonable period of "thank goodness we've got a team" time. It's not crazy for people to be a little disappointed in the branding, and it should absolutely be taken as that versus a lack of gratitude for the team.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
You guys willing to take a gamble on Ladd? will take 7th rounder for him

They have already said they won't take on bad contracts. My opinion of Ladd's on-ice contributions was fairly negative even before his hernia. Dumb penalties, poor at clearing his zone. His offensive contributions somewhat compensated, but since the injury it would appear that part of his game might never come back. I honestly feel bad for Islanders fans, because I think we ended up in the same boat by signing Byfuglien, who has been terrible this year. Buff may have a better chance of snapping out of it because the problem exists between left ear and right ear, but I'm not overly hopeful.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Now the U.S. Army is investigating the use of the Golden Knights name?
patch_golden_knights.jpg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It would suck for the people who have already bought shirts or hats with the name on them if Vegas was forced to chose a new name.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
This situation is mind boggling to me. None of it makes sense. Why did the Army shut down the Black Knights name long ago but let the Golden Knights name go this far? Why did Foley knowingly use an Army name even though he was already denied use of another? Did he and the NHL not see this coming? Did anyone involved, at any point in this process think just maybe they should ask the Army if Golden Knights was fair game?

What an absolute train wreck this entire naming process has been.

member 151739

Honestly hoping the name gets changed. It is silly that Foley apparently didn't have total clearance to use the name.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Does the army have trademark or other rights on it? I doubt that.
Army is army and hockey is hockey.
Golden Knights could just be something to eat.

Jun 6, 2016
It's hilarious how bad this makes Foley look. Every excuse he's put out there hasn't added up to why the team name was chosen. His ego got in the way with this naming process and it's so evident.

You had how many months to choose a name and you STILL chose one you weren't supposed to use and didn't let the know you were going to use it.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Is this why NHL.com needs a month to ship a hat?

The fact that the naming saga continues vexes me, even though there can't really be relevant news about the team yet. This has gone beyond absurd.

Can we just be the ****ing Silly Nannies and be done with it?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Yep. The Army inquiry into the name will turn out to be nothing more than something to post about for a few days. We can all freak out, but you'd have to ignore the fact that there's been plenty of other teams named Golden Knights in the past, including the sports teams for one of the largest universities in the country.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
It would suck for the people who have already bought shirts or hats with the name on them if Vegas was forced to chose a new name.

not really, in fact just the opposite.

If the name has to be changed (very unlikely I think), every original product with Golden Knights name or logo is now worth much more than what the buyer paid for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad