Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
I agree that McPhee found a lot of good players that others didn't recognize. Reinhart I'm not at all convinced of yet though. I was a Paul Reinhart fan so I wanted all three of his kids to succeed. So far all three have fallen well short of expectations. So with Griffin, he has to do something now to win me back. At this point I'd say he's even worse than Max, who proved to not be an NHL level player.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
McPhee hasn't lost a free draft pick yet. Every single person we've allowed to leave the program has had a return. I think that's the ultimate goal. Every single person that leaves will get us something else. If there's a chance we lose them to waivers, I don't think they get waived.

Well said.
This can't be overstated - so many people think that Reinhart would clear waivers, but there are EDM fans on these boards that will gladly take him back for free to cover during Sekera's injury. Why lose him for nothing to play a guy who has waiver eligibility and can be sent down?

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
Haha. As a Flames fan I would love to see Reinhart in a Coilers jersey. Other than Reinhart tho I applaud the Vegas scouting team for the players they drafted. Credit needs to go to Gallant too for the system he's implemented.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Wolves schedule sucks ass. They play about once a week in the beggining and then 5 games in 8 days or something...

The AHL schedule has always been very weekend-heavy to help with attendance, but for whatever reason this year it looks like they're going weekend-only for the first three weeks - the AHL had a very short training camp and the teams only played 2 preseason games, so maybe this is a way to ease the players into the season (or maybe this is so the league doesn't have to compete with MLB playoffs?).

Across the entire AHL, there are only TWO games being played in the first three weeks that don't take place on a Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Two games across the entire league.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Elvenes continues his great pace. He's now at 12 points in 11 games and leads his team (IK Oskarshamn, where he plays with his older brother - just a notch below the elite SHL Swedish division where Brannstrom plays).

'Hacksaw' John Dugan leads his USHL team with 5 goals, 7 points in 4 games.

2017 is shaping up to be a fantastic inaugural draft (especially if you include Ferguson)

Reactions: Nevada Jones

aparch

Apr 3, 2008
... as opposed to the previous setup the Wolves had with St. Louis and everyone else.
There are a few relics who still believe the Wolves are a heartbeat away from being a dominant IHL team, but a majority of people have moved on to accepting/enjoying the AHL development side of things.

The Wolves finally gave VGK a lot more control than in the past because with Vancouver and St. Louis they were still enjoying the handshake agreement with the Thrashers. That agreement is how the Wolves transitioned into the AHL after the IHL folded. The Thrashers would ask who the Wolves wanted to have signed to them, only call up a few of their guys as needed, allowed the Wolves to run everything, and we're very hands off with the Wolves.

Then, reality struck when the Thrashers were sold to True North. Vancouver also enjoyed what appeared to be a similar arrangement as the Thrashers/Wolves but it became apparent that the Moose we're more in line with Vancouver's needs than the Wolves ever were with Atlanta. The animosity grew cantankerous. And then St. Louis sold the Rivermen to Vancouver, because they didn't want the headache of running an AHL franchise. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Lesson learned, and the Wolves, while still putting on airs, have warmed to not having such a tight grip on the reins.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Updated stats from this week:

Gusev- 2GP- 1A (33 Total Points in 25 Games)
Suzuki- 2GP-2-3-5 (23 TP 11G)
Glass- 2GP- 2G (19 TP 11G)
Brannstrom 2GP 1A (3TP 12G)
Elvenes 6GP 1-3-4 (12TP 12G)
Pulkkinen 2GP 2G (11TP 5G)
Coughlin 3GP 3A (10TP 12G)
Theodore 2GP 1-1-2 (9TP 5G)
Dugan 2GP 3G (8TP 5G)
Hague 3GP 1-2-3 (11TP 8G)
Leschshyn 3GP 1-1-2 (5TP 8G)

Campoli was held pointless in three games this week, Jones pointless in two. Kolesar and Rjondberg were also pointless.

Goalies coming soon.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Dylan Ferguson GAA 4.35 from 4.45 SV% .875 from .867 1 win 1 loss in two games

Maxim Zhukov GAA 2.49 from 1.99 SV%.911 from .924 1 win 1 loss in two games

Jiri Patera GAA 3.13 from 3.35 SV% .910 from .903 one win in one game

Max Lagace GAA 3.24 from 4.05 SV%.888 from .873 one win one loss in two games before being called up.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Worth noting that Suzuki is the top scorer in the OHL. Glass is in a tie for 9th in scoring in the WHL.

Also Theodore has 9 points in 5 games while Pulkinnen has 11 points which leads the league.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

Excellent move. Rather than spend assets on a stopgap goalie, VGK gets to keep Dansk/Lagace in the NHL (to get a closer look at them) and we found a team to loan us a goalie to play in Chicago. Ironically, the only reason Kaskisuo was available was because the Leafs got Pickard, so KK had to be sent down to the ECHL - this way, he may actually get some AHL playing time, since Motte was signed on a tryout.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Worth noting that Suzuki is the top scorer in the OHL. Glass is in a tie for 9th in scoring in the WHL.

Also Theodore has 9 points in 5 games while Pulkinnen has 11 points which leads the league.

With how the big team is doing, Pulkkinen is still probably not going to get a shot until injuries. I see the KHL in his near future.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
With how the big team is doing, Pulkkinen is still probably not going to get a shot until injuries. I see the KHL in his near future.
I think he sticks it out.

If it's going to happen, it's going to happen here. Just need some more patience.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My timer has gotten a lot longer with players lately. Sbisa's half of our first pairing. And they don't suck.
I'm not saying give up on the kid but generally speaking there has been a long history of players who could do damage in the AHL but not be able to do a damn thing in the NHL.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Suzuki's game is definitely better suited for the wing.

I would agree with this and felt strongly that way watching him last season as well.

I think he's more explosive on the wings where he doesn't have to focus on all of the details and nuances of playing center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad