GDT: Vegas Golden Knights @ Los Angeles Kings | 7:00PM |

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
We are an excellent team, a playoff team. Just not sure as presently constructed we're a Cup winning team. Colorado looks just better.
In particular:

Never saw a team refuse to shoot, and when they do, miss the net, so much as VGK.
Far too many offensive black holes on the team
In retrospect, I'd rather have had another offensive center for Lehner's 5 million and have a cheap backup who plays 8 of 56 games (but no one knew Fleury would return to form, especially when he played consecutive games).
Watch where Avs scored almost all their goals - rebounds in front of the net, bounces, etc. (except for the Makar goal). Much better strategy than passing around the perimeter leading to a blocked shot from the point or "miss the net".

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
And frankly, we aren't winning any Stanley Cup with this power play. Even though we scored 2 against the Blues, I'm still waiting to see us score on the pp when it actually matters.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
To lose on a quiet night for MacKinnon and Rantanen is a further worrying sign. No one else has let Compher and Bellemare be the guys who beat them offensively.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Last year I wouldn't have bothered to watch the first 5 minutes of the 3rd. Let's see how the team responds now.

So that was a mistake.

Not much to say except that 2nd period can't happen. Too many bad penalties. Maybe I should whine on the main board about how unfair it is that Vegas only got 1 PP to 4PKs anyway. :sarcasm:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Would anybody beat the Avalanche right now? I was shocked at how badly they beat up on Minnesota. Outscored them 11-1 in 2 games and it sounds like they should have outscored them by more.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Would anybody beat the Avalanche right now? I was shocked at how badly they beat up on Minnesota. Outscored them 11-1 in 2 games and it sounds like they should have outscored them by more.

Wonder if we could get Connor Garland from the Yotes - he makes only $775,000. He's an RFA and likely gonna command 3-4 million bridge contract for next season. But think we could get him for a 3rd, knowing we probably as things stand now sign him next season? He'd solidify the third line big-time instead of Koleslaw.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

I saw some of the Wild-Av games. Right now nobody beating the Avs but they're going to wear out Grubauer (saw the backup they got from the Sabres, not impressed) and they did lose to the Coyotes after leading 4-2.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Wonder if we could get Connor Garland from the Yotes - he makes only $775,000. He's an RFA and likely gonna command 3-4 million bridge contract for next season. But think we could get him for a 3rd, knowing we probably as things stand now sign him next season? He'd solidify the third line big-time instead of Koleslaw.

A third only? Come on, not happening. He's their top scorer and still just 25. Getting a guy like that even at 3-4m a season is a relative bargain, they are not giving him up for one mediocre pick.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
A third only? Come on, not happening. He's their top scorer and still just 25. Getting a guy like that even at 3-4m a season is a relative bargain, they are not giving him up for one mediocre pick.

Would you give up a first for him?? I might.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

As I was saying, nobody can beat those guys. :laugh:

Now I just wish I could say something to get the power play going.

Reactions: hangman005

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Is y'all thinking Glass gon play ice hockey tonight again no?

He is an interesting player. Hasn't done jack dirt this season though. Amazed by that. Has played with the best of them too. :clap:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

A VGK 1st picking in the late 20s or 30s, sure. I'm thinking though if they made a few calls they could get more than just that. Plus don't underestimate the sentiments of the Coyotes, they do not like the VGK. To get a trade done with them will require a significantly better deal than what others offer.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

If we could afford his cap hit going forward? For sure. I doubt the Yotes are itching to deal their best forward for a late 1st though. Also would probably need to have a deal lined up for Marchie to clear cap.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
If we could afford his cap hit going forward? For sure. I doubt the Yotes are itching to deal their best forward for a late 1st though. Also would probably need to have a deal lined up for Marchie to clear cap.

If it comes down to dealing Marchie to get Garland, I'll stay put. Yes he takes the odd stupid penalty, but he's having a great season.

FWIW the reason I mentioned Garland is that his cap hit is really small this year and we're up against the cap. He makes $775,000 this year, but he's an RFA and probably looking at at least 3-4 million in a bridge deal. Also, the Coyotes have very little in the prospect pool, they traded quite a bit for Taylor Hall, who then went and signed with Buffalo. Aside from having good goalkeeping, they have very little, and their financial ownership is spotty as well. In short, while they're at least competitive this year, they are quite a bit away from being more than a fringe playoff team, their best players (skaters) are getting long in the tooth, and they have very few draft picks. So I thought they'd at least listen to picks and prospect offers for Garland. I know that unless we part with someone, he's basically a short-term rental, but add him to the third line with Tuch and we're dynamite.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If it comes down to dealing Marchie to get Garland, I'll stay put. Yes he takes the odd stupid penalty, but he's having a great season.

FWIW the reason I mentioned Garland is that his cap hit is really small this year and we're up against the cap. He makes $775,000 this year, but he's an RFA and probably looking at at least 3-4 million in a bridge deal. Also, the Coyotes have very little in the prospect pool, they traded quite a bit for Taylor Hall, who then went and signed with Buffalo. Aside from having good goalkeeping, they have very little, and their financial ownership is spotty as well. In short, while they're at least competitive this year, they are quite a bit away from being more than a fringe playoff team, their best players (skaters) are getting long in the tooth, and they have very few draft picks. So I thought they'd at least listen to picks and prospect offers for Garland. I know that unless we part with someone, he's basically a short-term rental, but add him to the third line with Tuch and we're dynamite.

I just don't think there's any way we'd give up a 1st for a rental. If you're paying the price to acquire Garland it's with the intent of keeping him and moving out salary elsewhere.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

They looked to have a rebuilding year ahead of them but have done well with their lesser signings and now look to have a decent shot at getting that 4th spot. A franchise like that will never take a playoff appearance for granted and imagine the fanbase they do have seeing their best player getting dealt in a playoff race at 25 years old. Its just not going to happen. You can try to rebuild by letting pending UFAs and guys who are on the wrong side of 30 go, but not a guy you developed internally. You get guys like that in real hockey trades and the Knights just don't have that much to offer without having to give up current NHL players.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Glass is slotting in tonight, Roy scratched.
I FREAKIN LOVE IT SIRE!!!!! :clap: G CODY!!!!! Mayne that guy is talented as F!!!! NOW ROCK WITH THAT C OUT SIRE!!!!!! Damn this is getting interesting and I'm so excited. I'll be watching this now sire, thanks for the information. This is just so hard now.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I FREAKIN LOVE IT SIRE!!!!! :clap: G CODY!!!!! Mayne that guy is talented as F!!!! NOW ROCK WITH THAT C OUT SIRE!!!!!! Damn this is getting interesting and I'm so excited. I'll be watching this now sire, thanks for the information. This is just so hard now.
Are you Cody's brother or something? :eek::laugh:

Reactions: Coachcorner

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It's like 400% Humidity and summer temps here...... we are supposed to have thunder storms tonight.... but I'll eat my hate if that actually happens. Hopefully the ice will make me feel cool.

Go :vegas Go

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It's like 400% Humidity and summer temps here...... we are supposed to have thunder storms tonight.... but I'll eat my hate if that actually happens. Hopefully the ice will make me feel cool.

Go :vegas Go
You should know better than to make guarantees down there....

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad