Vegas Golden Knights Defeat LA Kings 4-0 and Advance to Western Conference Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Btw, congrats to Vegas. They are a joy to watch and did not even slightly expect them to sweep, but they did, because they are that good.

Doesn’t matter who wins the SJ-ANA series, Vegas is going to the WCFs. Can’t say beyond that.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I am tired of hearing about Vegas’ success being some sort of “embarrassment” to the NHL and other teams’ fanbases in particular.

I do not play hockey, but here is what I read...

“I play beer league with an ECHL guy and realize this guy isn’t even an NHL 7th defensemen and (basically stand in awe)”

How about this. The NHL is laden with talent that is being misused to the “tie goes to the veteran” mentality. Is Vegas lucky? Absolutely, there is no way McPhee knew this about this team he has assembled. To his credit, no one else, here or in the pro realm knew it either.

But it goes to show that the NHL is so deep, that when the expansion rules are setup so that an expansion franchise actually gets real talent that may be mired on a 3rd line or a 3rd pair, that putting them all together with a franchise goalie and a great, great coach can breed instant success.

I think the Knights are a wonderful story to be celebrated as a success and testament to the NHL talent pool. That your team, right now, might have some real game-breakers being overlooked.

Do not look outward for reasons, look inward for faults/results.

Flawed thinking

Reactions: Phu

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
I-15 goes from Vegas to Riverside where it then picks up a superfluous and goofy sounding "the" in front of its name.

Is it really so hard to understand that the Kings don't play off the 15? Yes, it is the main road to Vegas, but to call it a I-15 rivalry is a stretch. The 15 does not lead to Staples Center at all.

See? Lol. It's like a weird stutter they all do down there.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It’s just weird I mean Jack Capuano of all people brutally out coached Gallant just two years ago

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
30429399_10204376628454015_1950341213_n.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When Kopitar went full running back through the VGK to get that look in the slot I figured that was the last gasp. Didn't realize that was literally the last ounce of energy he had, heh.

Kopitar played 24:21, more than anyone but Nate Schmidt or Drew Doughty. Ouch :laugh:

Reactions: mcnucker

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Is it really so hard to understand that the Kings don't play off the 15? Yes, it is the main road to Vegas, but to call it a I-15 rivalry is a stretch. The 15 does not lead to Staples Center at all.
Last post on this because it's a really dumb argument.

To get from Vegas to Staples, you have to take the I-15. That's generally what it means when a sports rivalry is described by a highway. I live in Vancouver, whenever a local team like the Whitecaps goes to play Seattle, the I-5 is usually referenced. Well guess what, the stadium is a few blocks off of the I-5, not directly on it. In fact, the I-5 doesn't even start until you cross the border into the states, on the Canada side it's called Highway 99.

I don't know if there is a "rivalry" in sports where the two stadiums are on the actual same road/highway, that seems extremely improbably to damn near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad