Proposal: Vegas and Detroit

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not really all that cheap if they are stuck with that horrific Abdelkader contract at the end of it
True, and I said as much in my post about the original proposal. I also mentioned the deal would be better off if it was simplified, without Abdelkadder.

OP aside, Mrazek to Vegas does make sense. And, all by himself, he should come cheap.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
If I'm the Wings, I'm looking for picks not giving them away, there's just too many holes to cover on that roster.

If I'm Vegas, Mrazek is garbage and will be lucky to play in the Czech league next year.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
OP aside, Mrazek to Vegas does make sense.

How so? Remember - we don't need a stopgap during a building season, and we certainly don't need to give up assets to bring anyone in.

Our city loves the starter.
Our goalie coach loves the backup.
Our GM loves the goalies in the system.
We're set in net.

If I'm Vegas, Mrazek is garbage and will be lucky to play in the Czech league next year.

I don't know if I'd call him garbage, but I definitely think that most teams would rather just wait to see how this season plays out in Detroit and then if/when the Wings don't qualify him they can pursue him as a UFA on July 1.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
How so? Remember - we don't need a stopgap during a building season, and we certainly don't need to give up assets to bring anyone in.

Our city loves the starter.
Our goalie coach loves the backup.
Our GM loves the goalies in the system.
We're set in net.

I don't know if I'd call him garbage, but I definitely think that most teams would rather just wait to see how this season plays out in Detroit and then if/when the Wings don't qualify him they can pursue him as a UFA on July 1.

Ya, I'm not saying they have to give up much for him. Or anything, for that matter. Just that he would fit in Vegas. MAF is only signed for one season after this one. So maybe Vegas grabs him as a UFA if the Wings don't qualify him. Then he can be a backup, and maybe transition to a bigger role as MAF leaves.

Mrazek just seems very much like Pickard was when he was picked in expansion. A (long shot) potential starter that hasn't caught on yet. Maybe MAF stays with Vegas for another 5 years. Great. But it wouldn't hurt to have someone in the org who can step in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad