Player Discussion Varone & Blunden called up

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The problem is there are only 2 times a year trades get done at all in the nhl, the summer and the tdl and we looked set in the summer.

Fine, does not change that if you are making deals at the TDL you are going to take your chances that you can land someone in the final hour at something closer to your price , or if you are after someone more sought after, you will need to pay market prices.

Eaves for a 2nd possibly a 1st (conditions) indicates the market is expensive.

If you deal in the off season , the whole dynamic changes.

Set in the summer is based on evaluating your team's areas of weakness. We haven't had much of a 4th line and we could have used D depth all year, not to mention, a top 6 forward.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Try Varone in the top 6 please.

It's not like anything else is working :laugh:

Smith-Brassard-Lazar
Varone-Turris-Dzingel
Kelly-Pageau-Pyatt
Blunden-Wingels-Neil

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Try Lazar on the bench. There...we've saved 1 goal already, which is as good as adding an extra PPG player

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Varone...like a good Amarone, well-aged in the cellar. Served w strong cheese and prosciutto. Now is the right time to pull the cork.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I like these call-ups. We have enough grinders and checkers as it is, we need guys who can finish. If they lack in other departments, hopefully Boucher's system will provide a safety net for that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Old Mother Dorion

Old-Mother-Hubbard.gif

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Thats easier said then done. Dorion is trying to make a deal, but if the prices are to high why should he?

Anaheim got Eaves for a conditional 2nd rounder and he's a top 6 forward this season. Michael Stone went for a couple of mid rounds Picks. Melnyk has given him the green light. What's Dorions excuse?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Anaheim got Eaves for a conditional 2nd rounder and he's a top 6 forward this season. Michael Stone went for a couple of mid rounds Picks. Melnyk has given him the green light. What's Dorions excuse?
Maybe he wants the right player,
Eaves is an old man ,and defense isnt what we need.A top end forward is the goal:nod:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

The Sens are big gamer hunting both Eaves and Stone are small game hunting.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Probably budget limitations and high prices for "talent"!

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
^^

I had the same thoughts on why we didn't acquire Eaves who is doing phenomenal this season. Given our recent injuries and his history on the Sens, it would be a no brainer.

I'm all for a Duchene type trade if it doesn't cost us too much but would have been equally happy adding some depth players in someone like Eaves.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
^^

I had the same thoughts on why we didn't acquire Eaves who is doing phenomenal this season. Given our recent injuries and his history on the Sens, it would be a no brainer.

I'm all for a Duchene type trade if it doesn't cost us too much but would have been equally happy adding some depth players in someone like Eaves.

For starters we don't have a 2nd to deal...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We could've given up a couple of mid round picks + B prospects for additional depth imo

Maybe. Ducks gave them a 2nd that conditionally becomes a first. We could not match that if that's what they wanted. I am not sold on Eaves anyway. I'd rather get Sharp than Eaves

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Maybe. Ducks gave them a 2nd that conditionally becomes a first. We could not match that if that's what they wanted. I am not sold on Eaves anyway. I'd rather get Sharp than Eaves

It becomes a first if the Ducks make the conference finals.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
After last night I'm sure Boucher is just crying for help from where ever he can get it and Dorion is helping him out the best way he can.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in those conversations

You would learn how to swear in French very quickly if you didn't already. :laugh:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Thats easier said then done. Dorion is trying to make a deal, but if the prices are to high why should he?

I understand but how expensive would be a forward UFA at the end of the year? Sharp? Stafford? Vrbata? Vanek? Parenteau?

Actually having Patrick would be Sharp

Hoffman-Turris-Sharp
Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Pyatt-Lazar-Wingels
Kelly/Neil

You mean the 2nd that was just paid for Eaves? I know we don't have one, but the prices are not as high as everyone thought. We should have made already a deal. Actually, we should have signed someone in the off season.

Yeah that was more my initial thought. We would not be in that situation if we did just that. Kelly and Pyatt are cool but need more depth in the NHL because there is so many injuries...

If the Sens are serious about contending, they need to spend to the cap. Parity is too high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad