Player Discussion Varone & Blunden called up

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
https://www.capfriendly.com/transactions/recalls-reassignments

Seriously, the call-ups this season always leave me scratching my head. The coaching staff makes that deciion, no?

Call up Akeson and Varone, or Akeson and Paul, or even Perron but Blunden, Bailey? McCormick I can live with it... but I don't know the depth is really not good enough

MacArthur should have been replaced when they knew that he wasn't going to come back. Wingels at this point is a 4th liner.

Now with Ryan, Hoffman and Stone missing games, you end up with a "grinding line-up". Nobody can survive in this league without 4 top-6 forwards, comon.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Blunden is on a goal-streak, lots of Bingo fans were saying he should've been the call up last time.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Really good opportunity for Varone. Still havent forgotten how good he looked when he got top 6 minutes in the preseason

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Flannagan/Rodewald/Akeson arent on NHL deals so they are not eligible to be called up until they get one, which i doubt they get yet.

Personally Max and Varone would be my choices

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Blunden scored like 7 goals in 7 games or something. Well deserved.
Yesterday he had a nice one from a sharp angle off a great feed by Perron on PP.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
A shame, I wouls have liked to see Paul but I suppose calling him up after criticizing him in the media would be bizarre...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Good decision. This should be the end of the line for both McCormick and Bailey - they just can't contribute at this level.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
After last night I'm sure Boucher is just crying for help from where ever he can get it and Dorion is helping him out the best way he can.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in those conversations

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Flannagan/Rodewald/Akeson arent on NHL deals so they are not eligible to be called up until they get one, which i doubt they get yet.

Dang, I forgot that. They don't want to lose a contract for Akeson? He basically saved Bingo from being a bottom-3 team...

Anyway, team would not be in that position (not able to survive multiple injuries) if they would spend a little bit more money. After knowing MacArthur was not coming back, a bigger fish than Wingels should have been brought back.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Blunden scored like 7 goals in 7 games or something. Well deserved.
Yesterday he had a nice one from a sharp angle off a great feed by Perron on PP.

It's like trading for the guy who scored 2 goals against us the night before. They should have brought him up sooner. :sarcasm:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dang, I forgot that. They don't want to lose a contract for Akeson? He basically saved Bingo from being a bottom-3 team...

Anyway, team would not be in that position (not able to survive multiple injuries) if they would spend a little bit more money. After knowing MacArthur was not coming back, a bigger fish than Wingels should have been brought back.

Agreed. I think they should pull the trigger on a warm body that has a realistic chance to help us down the stretch sooner than later.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Thats easier said then done. Dorion is trying to make a deal, but if the prices are to high why should he?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Thats easier said then done. Dorion is trying to make a deal, but if the prices are to high why should he?

You mean the 2nd that was just paid for Eaves? I know we don't have one, but the prices are not as high as everyone thought. We should have made already a deal. Actually, we should have signed someone in the off season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You mean the 2nd that was just paid for Eaves? I know we don't have one, but the prices are not as high as everyone thought. We should have made already a deal. Actually, we should have signed someone in the off season.
I find the reaction after a deal is made whether it be "prices are low" or "prices are high!" Are always blown out of proportion. I find at the end of the day everyone has their own price. And each deal has their own set of negotiations. If a team wants to trade a player he's usually traded for a different negotiated price than player X traded yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad