Vanek renewed interest?

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Craig Custanceâ€ÂVerified account @CraigCustance 3m3 minutes ago

Red Wings & Thomas Vanek camp have touched base but I'm not sure how much interest Detroit has in doing a deal. About five teams involved.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
How stupid. He has no trade value, and he has no future value to the team. Moronic, but unsurprising, waste of cap space.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
How stupid. He has no trade value, and he has no future value to the team. Moronic, but unsurprising, waste of cap space.

Uhh....not sure if you remember but last season he was by far our leading scorer and point getter until he got injured.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Uhh....not sure if you remember but last season he was by far our leading scorer and point getter until he got injured.

And where did that get us in the standings? How does re-adding him to this team get the team any closer to a playoff win, let alone contending for something?

When the answer is "it doesn't, in any way, shape or form", then the reason you don't sign over the hill junk should be pretty glaringly obvious.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He is not going save this franchise. Let's give kids have chance to play

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Craig Custanceâ€ÂVerified account @CraigCustance 3m3 minutes ago

Red Wings & Thomas Vanek camp have touched base but I'm not sure how much interest Detroit has in doing a deal. About five teams involved.

LOL, Kenny is trolling Tyler Wright after he came out and said he wants younger guys to get a shot in Detroit. Kenny's like yeah, lemme sign Vanek to a new deal. That'll keep Svechnikov in the A for a good little while. :popcorn:

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Ansar Khan†@AnsarKhanMLive 7m7 minutes ago

#RedWings look to sign a FA D-man or 2 starting Saturday. Dan Girardi, Trevor Daley, Brian Campbell, Ron Hainsey among names on their list.

#RedWings would also like to sign a FA forward but don't think they'll have cap space after they address the defense.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
And where did that get us in the standings? How does re-adding him to this team get the team any closer to a playoff win, let alone contending for something?

When the answer is "it doesn't, in any way, shape or form", then the reason you don't sign over the hill junk should be pretty glaringly obvious.

Fair point. No denying our roster will be **** with or without him.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

#RedWings look to sign a FA D-man or 2 starting Saturday. Dan Girardi, Trevor Daley, Brian Campbell, Ron Hainsey among names on their list.

#RedWings would also like to sign a FA forward but don't think they'll have cap space after they address the defense.

Yeah leave it too Holland to want to sign aging over the hill D men short term, Instead of giving the kids a shot. Maybe if he didn't have us in cap hell we could afford to add better D men then these over the hill guys.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Gave us McIlrath and Kasper Kotkansalo.

Yaaaay. He may have also prevented us from getting Pettersson or Makar or whoever with some irrelevant wins.

Fair point. No denying our roster will be **** with or without him.

Yup. Sorry, any venom in my post is directed at the front office for considering it.

Though as disgusted as I would be about signing Vanek, signing Girardi or Campbell for more than a try out would be horrific. I would certainly no longer be supporting the team monetarily until the entire front office was removed.

No idea how KH would support any of those signings, though, unless he plans to let Tatar walk for free. I don't recall there being much breathing room this year.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I wouldnt be upset with signing Daley, but we already have so many defensemen I dont know who we would lose, probably Sproul or Ouellet to waivers knowing Kenneh.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'd prefer not to resign Vanek. Hope someone else takes him in.

If that's our list of D targets I'll ****ing die if they get more than 1 year. How sign a player and not even make the needle wiggle 101.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad