Rumor: Vancouver looking to move Beauvillier

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Every time Vancouver acquires a guy, they sour on him within the year. So weird
Lol what? It’s just cap issues, which are due to previous management’s incompetence (they created the cap crunch, particularly with OEL, Myers, and Garland).

Vancouver hasn’t soured on Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Soucy, Hronek, Suter, Cole, Bear, etc

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Counterpoint: healthy top-9 veteran skill players on expiring contracts always have value at the deadline, or to a team looking to fill for injuries to protect their season/shakeup ahead of the New Year.
This is 100% not true. Tons of players on expiring contracts have zero value. Especially one who can't score unless its against the sharks. No one is giving value for Beauv making 4 mill.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
LOL Canucks try to trick teams into taking their fodder.
That fodder has only 3 less points than hall of famer RNH, plays with Joshua and Lafferty and he doesn't even get PP time or play with McDavid on the PP while only getting 4th line minutes. He is +5 while RNH is -5. Yep definitely a fodder. I guess that means RNH is complete trash lol 😆

Reactions: DekeyPete

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Klingberg + the Vancouver pick used for Lafferty for Beauvillier

Same cap hits on expiring deals

I dont think anyone is touching Klingberg right now

this guy is getting crucified in toronto for how bad he's been
he has essentially the worst defensive metrics so far in the entire league
I believe he was -4 last night alone

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
You missed my point and still don't understand. It's ok though, since you don't watch the games and think Beauvillier or Garland are crappy players. Lafferty was acquired because he hits, forechecks hard, PK and fits our 3rd or 4th line better. Garland is a top 6 forward but is playing on 3rd line due to our depth. Do Giuseppe is the bigger player that grinds while Garland is more of a finesse player. If Garland sucks then how did he get 50 to 60 points in prior years? Beauvillier is a streaky scorer that can play top 6 too. There is value in those players, they aren't throw aways like Reaves. Also I pointed out trading Beauvillier for 34 year old Tanev who has 2 more playing years left in his career. It's not like I was saying we should trade Garland or Beauvillier for Jack Hughes. So your player's assessment is really off. If Canucks had cap space, I wouldn't even want to trade Garland or Beauvillier because they give the team depth in case of injuries. That's what a cup contending team would need. Unless we are trading either to add depth to D, I wouldn't trade them at all. They are better than scrubs like Reaves on 3rd or 4th line
I didn't miss your point its delusional. You arent getting Tanev who has value for Beauv its honestly laughable and makes zero sense for Calgary. I have also watched Beauv way more than you ever have so I know the player very well. Isles fans including many of my closets friends wanted him gone for an upgrade. He was a throw in for salary cap purposes. He didn't have value and still doesn't.

You can make all the excuses you want but your love for Beauv is based on homer views. Other Canuck fans have even stated he has no value. He probably requires an incentive to take.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Beauvillier retained at 50% for a 2nd round pick from a playoff caliber team. Seems reasonable value here.​

I’d do it. Sign Ethan Bear with the remaining amount and utilize that 2nd to add a player like Tanev at the deadline. Might have to adjust the retention amount slightly.

I think the Canucks would like to see what they have in a guy like Bains before they make such a move though. Ultimately Beau is a luxury to have on the 4th line and the Canucks simply can’t afford it if they want to improve other areas.

Feb 19, 2018
Before I would have suggested Myers for Klingberg and no retention but I don’t even think I’d do that at this point. Beauvillier is a playoff performer and I can see the team staying status quo until the deadline. If there is a 1 for 1 Tanev for Beauvillier and a pick I could see something happening.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d do it. Sign Ethan Bear with the remaining amount and utilize that 2nd to add a player like Tanev at the deadline. Might have to adjust the retention amount slightly.

I think the Canucks would like to see what they have in a guy like Bains before they make such a move though. Ultimately Beau is a luxury to have on the 4th line and the Canucks simply can’t afford it if they want to improve other areas.
I’m going to speak on behalf of NHL fans all over the world when I say this... Your game vs Edmonton Monday night was one of the most entertaining regular season games I have ever watched. I watched every single second of that contest and it just got better and better and better until McDavid blew his top. I'm on the east coast so I stayed up very late and didn't contemplate going to bed to miss that fiasco for the Oiler

I'm no Vancouver fan boy, but I'll pull for Vancouver over the Oilers a thousand times out of a hundred.

And watching the McDrai era Oilers implode and crater in real time vs your squad in your barn with your mean fans was giving me the fan equivalent of a hockey orgasm. During that game, I believe your team may have actually ended the McDrai dynasty that never was. And it was Fing glorious. I was in heaven watching the Hoglander goal because it demonstrates everything wrong with Brochard and why he'll never be a great NHL player all rolled up into one awful play by him.

Then JT Millers doesn't score only to have the horn blast out a minute later and you see every Oiler player just drop their head in one motion.

And then McDavid loses his cool and somehow Hyman gets his butt kicked by JT Miller as a result. And then Drai gets 10 and it was such a pleasure to watch that meltdown... Kane, who is just so hateable and a dirtbag having his own meltdown... And your fans were so savage too... cheering Skinner blocking icing attempts that went on net. And when their coach got tossed... Amazing. It was incredible NHL theatre. A Canada vs Canada fandom crushing of hopes/dreams in real time.

It was such an indulgence for those of us that don't like the Oilers and want to see Drai bolt down this summer because he won't resign on a team with no realistic Cup hopes and no cap space to improve the roster thanks to Nurse, Campbell, Kane and other contracts that aren't aging well.

So bravo. A wonderful evening was had by all that night. Well... expect the Oiler faithful, that were probably in shambles like their club that was unraveling due to the pressure of over-dog expectations a fragile team like Edmonton cannot handle or eclipse.

As many of you know... I watch a lot of your games so I knew Hughes and EP were big time well before this season and was saying the same a year ago. Telling Avs fans to pipe down on the Hughes bashing because... that kid can play. But this Vancouver game... this was far better than any other I've watched over the past few years. It was magical. It was why I love hockey.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
beau for girard.
What? Hell to the no.

Girard looks like year 2020-21 Girard. His play has been excellent this season.

He and Byram are 3rd ranked pair in the NHL in terms of corsi for at 5 vs 5. He's playing quite a bit better than Devon Toews thru the first 11 games. We'll keep Sam. This season's version of Girard is a damn fine #3, even though he plays #4 for us behind Makar, Toews and Byram.

If Toews doesn't pick it up soon, our D line-up will be Makar, Byram, Girard then Toews. And we'll start to see the "value of Toews" threads. Hopefully Devon just got off to a lousy start. He finally played a good game vs Jersey.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d do McCabe, fits a bigger need and similar cap hit.

I'm not sure you should... analytically, the two worst players on the Leafs are: McCabe and Klingberg. McCabe being the worst one on that team. McCabe has been one of the worst handful of players in the entire NHL so far this season. His analytics are a disaster. He's barely above Marc Vlasic and Rutta of San Jose.

Kleinberg's advanced stats are just terrible. McCabe is in the bottom 10 in the entire NHL.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I’m going to speak on behalf of NHL fans all over the world when I say this... Your game vs Edmonton Monday night was one of the most entertaining regular season games I have ever watched. I watched every single second of that contest and it just got better and better and better until McDavid just blew his top. I'm on the east coast so I stayed up very late and didn't even... for one second, contemplate going to bed to miss that fiasco for the Oilers.

I'm no Vancouver fan boy, but I'll pull for Vancouver over the Oilers a thousand times out of a hundred.

And watching the McDrai era Oilers implode and crater in real time vs your squad in your barn with your mean fans was giving me the equitant fan equivalent of a hockey orgasm. During that game, I believe your team may have actually ended the McDrai dynasty that never was. And it was Fing glorious. I was in heaven watching the Hoglander goal because it demonstrates everything wrong with Brochard and why he'll never be a great NHL player all rolled up into one awful play by him.

Then JT Millers doesn't score only to have the horn blast out a minute later and you see every Oiler player just drop their head in one motion.

And then McDavid loses his cool and somehow Hyman gets his butt kicked by JT Miller as a result. And then Drai gets 10 and it was such a pleasure to watch that meltdown... Kane, who is just so hateable and a dirtbag having his own meltdown... And your fans were so savage too... cheering Skinner blocking icing attempts that went on net. And when their coach got tossed... Amazing. It was incredible NHL theatre. A Canada vs Canada fandom crushing of hopes/dreams in real time.

It was such an indulgence for those of us that don't like the Oilers and want to see Drai bolt down this summer because he won't resign on a team with no realistic Cup hopes and no cap space to improve the roster thanks to Nurse, Campbell, Kane and other contracts that aren't aging well.

So bravo. A wonderful evening was had by all that night. Well... expect the Oiler faithful, that were probably in shambles like their club that was unraveling due to the pressure of over-dog expectations a fragile team like Edmonton cannot handle or eclipse.

As many of you know... I watch a lot of your games so I knew Hughes and EP were big time well before this season and was saying the same a year ago. Telling Avs fans to pipe down on the Hughes bashing because... that kid can play. But this Vancouver game... this was far better than any other I've watched over the past few years. It was magical. It was why I love hockey.
I was at the game with my boys and it was the most satisfying game I’ve ever watched in person. At one point there were two Oilers’ fans arguing over whether McDavid sucked or not.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I was at the game with my boys and it was the most satisfying game I’ve ever watched in person. At one point there were two Oilers’ fans arguing over whether McDavid sucked or not.
You sure got your money's worth that night... Lucky you. I felt lucky just watching it from 3,000 miles away.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Yup was at the game as well. Can’t remember the last time I was visibly intoxicated in public lmao. I was Bronx cheering Skinner all night :laugh:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yup was at the game as well. Can’t remember the last time I was visibly intoxicated in public lmao. I was Bronx cheering Skinner all night :laugh:
Even the Sportsnet commentators were getting a kick out of it every time it happened. It was just salt into a bad wound. time and again. It didn't get old... It was funny every single time. And I think it rattled Skinner too. I rarely go to this website during games, but the meltdown was so epic, I did and we were all having so much fun at the Oilers expense. When McDavid lost it... we all went for the kill. Any Oiler fan still on the site was being savaged.

It was a bonding experience for a lot of anti oilers fans of all stripes.

It was a top 10 game for me to watch. All of us were saying so. You were just shattering that club's entire hopes and dreams of a Cup run to lock in McDavid and Drai... it was happening right there for all the league to see. And you guys were actually there. Amazing.

This season probably is the Oilers last chance to get Drai and McDavid to resign. I really doubt they will if they don't see themselves on the Cup. How can they resign. They are both generational talents. Guys like that belong on the Cup and the Oilers don't have the roster to make that happen for them it appears. They are going to bounce next summer if the Oilers season ends with a whimper. So this is it for them. and you guys... might have ended that era. Right there on Monday night.

I was dead sober, but I was punch drunk as hell.

Last edited:

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
That makes zero sense. Are Canucks trying to rebuild to get a measly 2nd for a 50% retained Beauvillier? Is that 2nd round pick going to contribute to the team now? Canucks would probably do a straight swap to get Tanev. Retaining half of Beau cap is dumb because we end up we dead cap and half his cap to play with and nothing to replace the player we moved.
We could just trade the pick for a dman

Reactions: oceanchild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad