Rumor: Vancouver looking to move Beauvillier

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Garland was always harder to move because he has term after this season of 2 more years. They'd love to move him because the Canucks have Myers, Beauv, Cole come off the books for $13 mill after the season. Increase in the cap of say $4.5 mill to $88 mill which appears to be the max. But, of that $17.5 mill, subtract close to $3 mill for replacements for their roster spots and $2.2 mill for the increase in the OEL buyout. That's around $5 mill, leaving $12.5 mill left. Somewhere around half of this needs to cover the increases to Petey and Hronek who are combined at $11.8 mill right now. Would leave them $6 mill to improve the team, less anyone else who needs a new contract.

That's why they really want to move Garland. They are hoping his play picks up enough this season that they can at least facilitate a move in the off-season to free up some of that $5 mill cap charge.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I figured it would be Beauvilier.

Easier to move and similar offensive production to Garland.

Current Canucks lines:

Di Giuseppe-Miller-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Joshua-Suter-Garland
Beauvillier-Lafferty-Höglander

Blueger coming in soon and Studnicka is the extra.

Basically need a 4/5 RH D. Tanev would be perfect but a younger not a poised version is fine too.
Some prospects probably available. Podkolzin may be movable as well for the right type of offer.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
No one wanted Garland and his contract. 3 points in 12 games while carrying a 5 mill cap hit for 3 years....oof

Beauv is an expiring 4 mill deal 5 points in 12 games is pretty blah too. I would be shocked if one of the few teams capable of taking him on have any interest at all unless they get a sweetener or give back another contract.

Teams trying to shed cap dont have any negotiation power especially for players who are not performing up to their contracts. I would be shocked if they found any trade partners.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Didn't Garland ask for a trade? Wasn't that the context of this whole thing with Garland to begin with?

Reactions: violaswallet

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
still think a peeke/beauvillier makes too much sense.

cbj needs to move a defenseman and add veterans, but garland has too much term to be an ideal fit. salaries line up well.
No I’m saying I’d have little interest in Peeke. You’re the one that brought up Peeke into a conversation about Beauvillier.
I thought we were talking about this post you responded to…

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Beauvillier is so vanilla as a 3rd line player making $4M+, this early in the season, he has no value or even fully retained at the deadline. Teams add D depth at the deadline, not a warm body. He hasn't been in prime position due to better Fs in VAN compared to NYI so I'm not sure what a trade would entail. Which team would acquire a late round pick caliber/value player that costs $4M

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Beauvillier is expiring this offseason. If he is moved to open a roster spot, it will be for a pick/prospect, and if it's for another roster player, they either need a great cap hit or another expiring contract.

As for an RHD, we have Hronek, a revitalized Myers and Friedman, and all three have been doing fine. We would want someone better then fine, therefore.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
And I said I’d rather picks than Beauvillier, in a Peeke deal, pretty obvious?

You replied “ok?”

Which doesn’t make sense
Because it isn’t relevant to the conversation of the Canucks moving Beauvillier. The trade doesn’t have to include Columbus or Andrew Peeke. YOU brought Peeke into the conversation, I don’t care what you want for Peeke.
Edit: I see you didn’t originally mention the Peeke for Beau proposal, but were just saying you’d rather keep Peeke than move him for Beau. That’s understandable. My bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowumbus

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Canucks shouldn't be desperate to move him right now. Should probably wait until closer to the deadline. The "problem" is just that they have a fully healthy roster and I'm sure Blueger is just chomping at the bit to play.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Even though the Flames have a billion wingers and definitely don't need another middle sixer, this is exactly like something they'd do. That is to say, move Tanev for Beauvillier. If the Flames weren't so depleted on defense, they'd probably already have done it by now.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks shouldn't be desperate to move him right now. Should probably wait until closer to the deadline. The "problem" is just that they have a fully healthy roster and I'm sure Blueger is just chomping at the bit to play.
I think they may need to move Beauvillier earlier if they want to sign Bear.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I think they may need to move Beauvillier earlier if they want to sign Bear.
True, but with Bear, they can at least wait until closer to Christmas when it's anticipated he'll be fully recovered. By that time, some LTIR space might open up on the roster. The point is, the Canucks can afford to be patient and wait and see what happens

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad