McKenzie: Vancouver looking at Barrie

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Why would Toronto trade such a valuable member of their defense when they are a playoff team?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Why would Toronto trade such a valuable member of their defense when they are a playoff team?
It has been stated many times: they will only trade him for a defenceman that they see as a better fit. Otherwise, they won't. Like you said-why would they?

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Why would anybody cough up a 1st + decent prospect for a D-man that literally cannot defend?
Ummm for his offense??
Ummm for his skating ability??
Ummm for his ability to carry the puck out of the D zone??
Ummm for his ability to quarterback a power play??
Ummm because he only has a cap hit of $2.75m prorated??

Ummm that’s why.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
but cannot defend (...and this is coming from Leaf fans)...You may get a 1st, but a late one..From a neutral fan, this is a devalued asset, and looks worse considering what the Leafs gave up acquiring him.

Well, if DUmbass trades him for a late first, it ends up being a first and Kerfoot for Kadri basically. Which isn't great, but isn't bad.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Who cares. It's that or let him walk. Why do you care how Dubas is going to "look"?

I think certain hf members desperately want Chaykya and Dubas to succeed. They’re under the delusion that if those two can be successful GMs, than they can be as well, note I’m not necessarily referring to the person you quoted. I remember that one thread that said the HF collective would be a top 10 GM in the NHL... lol.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Ummm he’s a Leaf so his value automatically is cut in half. You should know this by now.

Half his contract is paid by Colorado... so he'll get 4x the value when he's out and he's good again.

Mar 26, 2010
Please let this happen! As a Toronto fan I do not even want a return. A 7th round pick in 2025 would be good enough. Just get Barrie out of Toronto.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Mar 26, 2010
Ha
He is a NHL dman. He can certainly get something of value
Have you seen him play? He is brutal.

Honestly, Toronto trading Kadri for Barrie is worse than the Larsson for Hall trade (and that was BAD!)

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Barrie is getting criminally under-rated here. Its a bad fit for sure in Toronto and his stock is down but he is still an elite offensive Dman that can shine with a good Defensive partner on a team that has any resemblence of a defensive system.

I would 100% throw him an offer in the off-season but i dont think id offer much for him now especially knowing how desperate Toronto is.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was the Leafs that was leaking all this fake interest on Barrie to try and create a market and bidding war.

Stecher, Bailey, Tryamkin

for

Barrie and 4th

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Barrie is getting criminally under-rated here. Its a bad fit for sure in Toronto and his stock is down but he is still an elite offensive Dman that can shine with a good Defensive partner on a team that has any resemblence of a defensive system.

I would 100% throw him an offer in the off-season but i dont think id offer much for him now especially knowing how desperate Toronto is.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was the Leafs that was leaking all this fake interest on Barrie to try and create a market and bidding war.

Stecher, Bailey, Tryamkin

for

Barrie and 4th

Pair Barrie with Edler and hope for the best?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad