McKenzie: Vancouver looking at Barrie

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Makes zero sense..Last thing we need is another pint sized puck moving D-man...Hughes has all bases covered..Plus,we have Troy Stecher..

Reactions: Morrison

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I didn't realize his caphit was only 2.75M with retention, that's barely 400k over Stecher's.

Could see Benning frothing at the mouth over that, after being unable to get Simmonds because of cap constraints

Phaneufasaurus Rex

Jun 28, 2011
I still think Dumba is the guy the Leafs should go after. As it sits right now, I don’t think there’s a deal to be done after reading discussions and threads. The leafs would need to make a precursor deal to get a top pairing RD.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
They have Hughes on the PP and Myers, Tanev and Stetcher on the right. Why would they possibly want him?

Tanev might walk as a UFA since we are up against the cap, and management doesn’t seem to like/have much confidence in Stecher. But we wouldn’t be able to afford Barrie as a UFA either so no clue.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I'd personally take Rielly 10/10 over Hughes all things equal, even with riellys age.

Hughes has a long way to go defensively before he reaches anywhere close to #1 D status. For a rookie he's doing tremendous but people act like he doesn't have warts.

interesting

as someone that was hyping Rielly up for years with the post history to show for it I think you're out to lunch

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I didn't realize his caphit was only 2.75M with retention, that's barely 400k over Stecher's.

Could see Benning frothing at the mouth over that, after being unable to get Simmonds because of cap constraints

Stecher would have to go back. Leafs aren't tradig barrie for a pick in 2021.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
interesting

as someone that was hyping Rielly up for years with the post history to show for it I think you're out to lunch

Rielly is just the more complete player imo. He'd also fit more against the bigger teams out west. Hughes looks unplayable against some of the bigger competition. Scared to see him in the playoffs if they play the Jets.

Stormcrow

Jul 5, 2010
Barrie is interesting because he still holds value because of his cap hit as well as pending UFA status. I think he could get moved for Toronto to make another deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad