Seravalli: Vancouver -> goal heading into next offseason is to clear big contracts for cap space

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

1667875082018.gif

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Myers, OEL, Boeser are the ones with some value.
Probably Garland too, Kuzmenko has pretty much erased Boeser as a go to scorer on the team.
OEL has zero value unless they retain 50%. Even then I doubt he brings more than a 3rd round pick in return. Boeser won't return more than a 3rd either with his contract. Same thing with Myers.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't even know what guys would fall into a category of "guys Vancouver would want to trade" and "guys Vancouver could trade without taking money back". No one is acquiring Myers or OEL without sending money out. Boeser makes a lot of money for what he provides as well.

I think Garland is probably their best bet for a guy they can trade out without taking any money back. A ~50 point 2nd liner costs $5 million or more in UFA and he makes $4.95 million, so I definitely think he could be moved without taking money back. But I think he's pretty much the only guy that Vancouver would consider trading that also could be moved without taking money back.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
OEL has zero value unless they retain 50%. Even then I doubt he brings more than a 3rd round pick in return. Boeser won't return more than a 3rd either with his contract. Same thing with Myers.

Boeser for a 3rd eh? He’s 25 and has scored at a 30 goal pace over his career so far (330gp with 121 goals).

You can hate on him all you want, but he’s definitely going to bring back more than that if we elect to trade him.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Probably Garland too, Kuzmenko has pretty much erased Boeser as a go to scorer on the team.
Lol he has scored 7 goals including 3 in one game.

Do you think you are getting ahead of yourself comparing a consistent 20+ goalscorer to a new player who has played 12 games?

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Boeser has no value. Overpaid and injury prone.

myers value is dubious until he’s in his contract year And becomes a rental you don’t need to commit to. Today, negative value.

OEL has value? Lolz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Boeser for a 3rd eh? He’s 25 and has scored at a 30 goal pace over his career so far (330gp with 121 goals).

You can hate on him all you want, but he’s definitely going to bring back more than that if we elect to trade him.
Boeser has zero 30 goal seasons.

ZERO…

odd for a guy that scores at this apparent 30 goal mark he’s never reached a single time in his nhl career. guess he’s the first ever never 30 goal scorer 30 goal scorer?

dude cant stay healthy. One dimensional player that can’t skate. NHL doesn’t trade value for overpaid, injury prone wingers that can’t skate. There are no nhl teams that want to fork over $6.65mm per for him.

dude has been a + player only one season in his entire nhl career, with 70% career ozone starts no less.

Last edited:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
this means nothing. rutherford has been saying this since he took over and they've done nothing but reup bad contracts and sign new questionable contracts
So true. the reason he didn’t offload any of the big contracts is he didn’t like the returns. So looks like he will lower expectations next summer

Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad