GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Red Wings - 7EST

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
my Swedish friend told me it was pronounced dah-leen

by Swedish friend I mean some random person on the internet btw

My sources say its "doll-in". My sources being Bob Mckenzie, James Duthie, Craig Button and the entire TSN crew. I don't doubt those guys.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
My sources say its "doll-in". My sources being Bob Mckenzie, James Duthie, Craig Button and the entire TSN crew. I don't doubt those guys.

I feel like in Sweden it's pronounced "dah-leen" but in North America it's "doll-in".

Either way, I want him.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Well guys, 7 of the next 8 games are on the road, Definitely going to be tanking for Dahlin.
he is special players , but there are other good ones , like to see Tatar and Nyquist for first rounder's . It is a very good year to get 3 first round players

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I don't know, what did he say?

Someone asked him a question in regards to Howard's post game interview. Howard said this will get nip in the bud (effort wise) and the reporter asked Blash "What type of coaching needs to be done to nip it, so it doesn't spiral?"

Blash's response was "I always brag about the culture and leadership in the locker room so we better take care of it"

Reactions: TheMule93

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Terrible effort, but every loss is good for this season to get a higher pick. With that said, I really hope Blashill doesn't take this loss out on Mantha and Frk and overreact by benching them in favor for a guy like Booth.

I still don't understand the purpose of Witkowski, waste of a roster spot.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Say it with me!

Henrik Sedin!
Jonas Brodin!
Freddy Modin!
Mats Sundin!
Rasmus....Dahlin!

This is a valid point. All I am basing it on is the TSN crew. They are usually right with their hockey knowledge, so I'm not really sure why they call him "doll-in".

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Someone asked him a question in regards to Howard's post game interview. Howard said this will get nip in the bud (effort wise) and the reporter asked Blash "What type of coaching needs to be done to nip it, so it doesn't spiral?"

Blash's response was "I always brag about the culture and leadership in the locker room so we better take care of it"

This was easily the most heated I have ever seen Blash in a post game interview, and rightfully so. I am all for creating a positive environment, but this is the NHL, and that was an embarrassing effort. Calling them out was the right move because that was not good enough.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
What's the stuff I heard about Blash calling out the leaders? Like is it not a known fact that we don't have any one on our back end who is a top 3 defenseman, and our best player is Z who should at this point be riding the cost tails of better players?

We don't need to tank for years, we have some good young pieces in place but we need a couple. Top 5.picks... And a handful of 1st rounders

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Terrible effort, but every loss is good for this season to get a higher pick. With that said, I really hope Blashill doesn't take this loss out on Mantha and Frk and overreact by benching them in favor for a guy like Booth.

I still don't understand the purpose of Witkowski, waste of a roster spot.

add Booth to that as well. They're getting five minutes a night out there. I know this will be met with a bit of the "sitting in the pressbox doesn't do them any good" shtick, but if you inserted the names Turgeon and Nastasiuk in there instead I don't think it hurts the Wings or them any to be around the team and be getting into every other game.

Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I don't mind losing, like we had the previous couple of games. But I seriously can't stand a lame effort. Get the crying over, for losing Sheahan, and get back to playing Hockey.

Just goes to show that this team has been coddled to the extreme and smothered in the gravy of mediocrity, when a 3rd line player gets traded and the team reacts like this. It's not as if Zetterberg got traded or Danny Cleary's Hockey School was shut down. This trade happened over the summer and you knew it was going to happen. Scott Wilson knew it, Ken Holland knew it.

There's no sense of pride or professionalism with these guys. And it shows itself all the time. Sometimes in the small things in a game, and then sometimes in games like tonight.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
When a group with very little elite talent doesn't give 1000% effort every night this is what you get. Funny enough my own scrimmage last evening was like this game. Our side was beaten to pucks, passes were off or intercepted, every bounce went the wrong way. Even in a meaningless scrimmage it hurts your heart and is difficult to shake off.

I believe the Wings are bad but hopefully this was an aberration. I want the Wings do down in cozy, camp-fire-like flames, not a raging inferno. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad