Post-Series Talk: Vancouver Canucks defeat the Nashville Predators 4-2

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I know from an outsider's perspective this series was godawful to watch, but as a Canucks fan, it was intensely exciting and stressful to watch.

Kudos to the Preds. They played a hell of a series and it's not difficult to imagine an entirely different outcome with a slightly different bounce of the puck here and there.

I remember being nearly despondent when Demko went down. Now, I love that the Canucks have 3 goalies who are good enough to win a playoff game.

Go Canucks Go!

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Congratulations, Deranged Oreo Dolphins!

OIG2 (2).jpeg

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
LOL you had 3 powerplays and we had 0

powerplays were 22-13 for the series. You got beat with the refs help. Pathetic.
Pretty sure there were plenty of 'refs you suck' chants from Preds fans. Pp chances doesn't need to equal if one side is more deciplined. The last cross check was a cross check.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Penalties were twice as many for the losing team in this series

Sure as hell can’t bring that argument into this series

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Nashville with nothing to hang their heads about in a year that was supposed to be a rebuild. Well done to the Canucks for not just overcoming losing Demko, but DeSmith as well.
Too be honest, I think DeSmith was good to go for game 6: Tocchet just made the call to go with Silovs.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I didn't see all the games but Saros was likely the 2nd best goalie on ice each game I watched. Tonight he was a bit better than the goalie who got the SO.
He was far better than Silovs. Nashville never had a scoring chance.

The series was a fight for every inch of ice, the ending was stressfull.
May have been a fight but Nashville lost every battle. A very weak team.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Hate the Canuck bandwagoners but congrats to the team. They were certainly better in the third period tonight and arguable the second as well. The first was a sleeper.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Well a shutout by Arturs Silovs to win the series sure wasn’t on my bingo card before the series started. Kid went head to head with Saros. He’s got ice water in his veins.
Heck of a series Preds! A number of games could have gone either way.
He did very little. Nashville rarley got a shot on net harder than a pass.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
NSH is a nice story, much like this Sivos kid. NSH is in great hands with Trotz and Brunette. Trotz has one of the best hockey minds in the game (witnessed it firsthand); if he can add some talent, they could win a round or two.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
So we're guaranteed 1 Canadian team in the WCF, while the other is eliminated. Kind of a meh situation.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
NSH is a nice story, much like this Sivos kid. NSH is in great hands with Trotz and Brunette. Trotz has one of the best hockey minds in the game (witnessed it firsthand); if he can add some talent, they could win a round or two.
Story of Nashville's existence. And as a coach, Trotz knows all about it.

Reactions: Gnashville

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Nashville with nothing to hang their heads about in a year that was supposed to be a rebuild. Well done to the Canucks for not just overcoming losing Demko, but DeSmith as well.
Not just a Rebuild year they were expecting a top 5 pick at one point this season. Team is never going to be anything but Playoff fodder given their inability to tank. More proud of this team than most of the first round losers

Reactions: Chainshot

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Preds played extremely hard. Coming into this series I believe it was the 1st (nsh) & 2nd most physical teams during the regular season, and this series lived up to that.

Every inch was a war, great goaltending on both sides, that was truely big boy playoff hockey from both teams.

I thought Nashville played great around their crease tonight, Canucks came out in the third & found another gear but it might've been the best game of the series for both teams. Just a hard fought game & hard fought series overall.

Good series Nashville. Brunette is a deserving Jack Adams finalist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad