Prospect Info: Vancouver Canucks 2016 Top 25 Prospects - #6

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I somewhat have 4 players in this tier. Gaunce, Subban, Stecher and Brisebois.

Gaunce has the best chance of an NHL career as unexciting as it may be. Subban comes with the highest upside but all the biggest boom or bust potential. Stecher may not have the size but has the IQ to make it. Like Gaunce, Brisebois is supposed to be the same kind of safe player to make it.

I went with Brisebois here for the combination of safe, upside (a #4/5 D) to go with positional importance. Value wise, I take him here.

Brisebois, Gaunce and I'm still flip-flopping with Subban/Stecher. Boom/Bust offensive D vs. a Spurgeon like defensemen. I like an value both types.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
s/b Subban fairly easily, I'd think.

Gaunce has a higher floor but a much lower ceiling at this point in their respective development.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Whats sad for us is #6/Guance is likely gone after next year. LV should be drafting him if they are smart given the lack of quality choices here (of course all 'nucks fan are hoping Dorsett or Sbisa gets picked but if whoever running LV is smart, they'll take BG... former first round pick who is pretty much ready to be a top 9 forward on an expansion team plus with a decent amount of upside still).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad