BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Demko.

Better season.

Further along in development.

Higher ceiling.

More important position.

Yeah I can't decide how to rank these guys. Ceiling or value.

CEILING:

Demko
Juolevi
Boeser

VALUE

Juolevi
Boeser
Demko

I've been going off "value". So I've voted Juolevi twice now. Damn these vague polls!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah I can't decide how to rank these guys. Ceiling or value.

CEILING:

Demko
Juolevi
Boeser

VALUE

Juolevi
Boeser
Demko

I've been going off "value". So I've voted Juolevi twice now. Damn these vague polls!

It's pure asset value, that's it. The Canucks announce a trade and it includes a 'prospect', which prospect would you want to give up the least? Rinse and repeat.

Or, all of our prospects are thrown back in a draft. Our pick is next. Who are you drafting?

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
It's pure asset value, that's it.

Well, that's what I assumed when I voted the way I did. Which doesn't necessarily mean I project these guys to have the highest impact in that order. I still think Demko is arguably the most important prospect this team has.

He's just not anywhere near as valuable as Juolevi or Boeser because of his position. I'd probably put Virtanen above him too.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Well, that's what I assumed when I voted the way I did. Which doesn't necessarily mean I project these guys to have the highest impact in that order. I still think Demko is arguably the most important prospect this team has.

He's just not anywhere near as valuable as Juolevi or Boeser because of his position. I'd probably put Virtanen above him too.

Totally, I agree with all of that. That is why Demko is 4th for me as well.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I refuse to vote Virtanen because I consider him an NHL player and not a prospect.

I don't think it matters anyway. Boeser's upside is a top line sniper, Juolevi's upside is a mobile 2 way top pairing defenceman, Demko's upside is an elite starting goalie... Virtanen's upside is a 2nd liner power forward who probably tops out at 25/20 55 for a couple seasons...

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
I don't think it matters anyway. Boeser's upside is a top line sniper, Juolevi's upside is a mobile 2 way top pairing defenceman, Demko's upside is an elite starting goalie... Virtanen's upside is a 2nd liner power forward who probably tops out at 25/20 55 for a couple seasons...

You have a very low opinion of Virtanen. In my opinion that is his floor. And by the way your math is bad.

GreetingsFromCanada

Mar 19, 2016
BC

It's probably best to assume Virtanen doesn't have much value compared to those guys.

GreetingsFromCanada

Mar 19, 2016
BC
You have a very low opinion of Virtanen. In my opinion that is his floor. And by the way your math is bad.

Virtanen's never managed to put up elite offensive numbers in the WHL, AHL or international play. Saying 25/20 for him as a floor is hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad