Vancouver/Edinburgh
POLL #1 (169 total votes)
Brock Boeser - 85 votes
Olli Juolevi - 57 votes
Jake Virtanen - 15 votes
Thatcher Demko - 10 votes
Nikita Tryamkin - 1 vote
Jordan Subban - 1 vote​

Rank | Player | POS | 2015/16 Team | HT | WT | DOB | Drafted OA | 2015 Rank | Poll%
1|Brock Boeser|RW|Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)|6.01|192|Feb 25 1997|23rd (2015)|3 (↑2)| 50.30%

Added - Adam Gaudette

Continue!

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Went Juolevi again, position factors in heavily for me when picking between Boeser, Juolevi and Demko.

Add Brisbois next :)

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
OJ for sure :)

Followed by Virtanen and Demko, of course.

Should add Brisebois. Arguably a better prospect than half of that list.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I happen to have a PhD in internet message boards and YouTube comments from McGill thank you very much.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
OJ for sure :)

Followed by Virtanen and Demko, of course.

Should add Brisebois. Arguably a better prospect than half of that list.

It is bad enough that Virtanen is Big Country. Can we please avoid using OJ as Juolevi's nickname? May I suggest Doctor J? Named after a far better role model than that of OJ Simpson.

Voted for Juolevi again. Hi iq at an important position.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It is bad enough that Virtanen is Big Country. Can we please avoid using OJ as Juolevi's nickname? May I suggest Doctor J? Named after a far better role model than that of OJ Simpson.

Voted for Juolevi again. Hi iq at an important position.

It's catchy and using someone's initials for their nickname isn't uncommon. At the very least it's just an easy/quick way to type his name.

Doubt it catches on in the media for the reason you mentioned, though.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
It's sad when a defenseman projected at his best to be a #2 is in your teams top 2 prospects.

There are plenty of examples of defensemen that became #1's despite their draft position. Projected is nothing more than an educated guess. You look at the dmans strength and see how it likely translates to the NHL. Juolevi's strengths are the qualities you look for in an NHL dman. Being one of the teams top 2 prospects says more the quality of the prospect than any commentary as to its over all quality/depth.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
I'm surprised so many chose Boeser as #1 prospect. Does that mean that most people think he is worth a top 5 pick in last draft?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'm surprised so many chose Boeser as #1 prospect. Does that mean that most people think he is worth a top 5 pick in last draft?

I would not trade Boeser for Juolevi and I'd have to think long and hard about trading Boeser for Tkachuk.

Yes, his year was that good.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
It's sad when a defenseman projected at his best to be a #2 is in your teams top 2 prospects.

Not really.

What's sad is that McCann, Shinkaruk, and Forsling would all be in our top 10 if our absolute and utter ****ing idiot of a general manager didn't trade them for trash.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

What's so surprising about that?

I think many people including myself saw Tkachuk as a similar piece to Boeser. Many people had Tkachuk over Juolevi.

So considering all that I'd think that people are being rather consistent in their line of thinking.

Personally, I see Tkachuk/Boeser as the same kind of piece. A supporting piece on a top 6. They are gonna get you 30 goals a season and about 30 assists, in their prime. Neither will be stars but both will be highly valuable assets to their clubs.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
What's so surprising about that?

I think many people including myself saw Tkachuk as a similar piece to Boeser. Many people had Tkachuk over Juolevi.

So considering all that I'd think that people are being rather consistent in their line of thinking.

Personally, I see Tkachuk/Boeser as the same kind of piece. A supporting piece on a top 6. They are gonna get you 30 goals a season and about 30 assists, in their prime. Neither will be stars but both will be highly valuable assets to their clubs.

A 30-30 player these days is a star in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad