Proposal: Vancouver - Anaheim

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mikheyev is a downgrade and Raty has basically no appeal to me. Ducks fans trash the Perreault pick but he has had a better year in the AHL then Raty lol. Not to mention Regenda and Nestorenko.

The 2nd is the only piece that is really appealing, and we are adding Carrick (who is probably worth a 3rd/4th by himself) and a 5th?

Not sure what the appeal for the Ducks is. Even if you think he will regress, they can likely get a 2nd for him at the deadline next year without having to give up a 3rd and 4th going back. If a team believes in his game as a top 6 winger then they should get WAY more then this return.
I assume you missed the mctavish part lol

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The key to the trade was the pick that was used to acquire Hronek. Getting Raty was apparently the cost for taking back Beauvillier.
I believe you. That pick was a good one. Raty is a JAG prospect. Like Olausson for the Avs. Little value.

You don’t see Avs fans making bad trades using our weakest prospects. We have more grace than that. Canadian fans should do same with their low level prospects. Be honest vs trying to push a false narrative.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Context you say. The athletic just rated the NYI as the worst prospect system in the NHL.

You guys went fishing in a lake with no fish to get Raty.
And yet we pulled out a large one… sounds like your speaking to a strength of ours.

Doesn’t mean you don’t take it to the market and seek the fish for a few shillings to improve your now.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
And yet we pulled out a large one… sounds like your speaking to a strength of ours.

Doesn’t mean you don’t take it to the market and seek the fish for a few shillings to improve your now.
Raty is a minnow of a fish in terms of being a prospect.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Where’s McTavish? I don’t have him anywhere?

Though if Anaheim wants to stash McTavish inside Carrick’s suitcase, that’d be fine by me.

Is this like that old dress blue or gold meme?

Is McTavish really part of the deal? Only certain fans can see his name or not?!?

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Raty is a minnow of a fish in terms of being a prospect.
Following your analogy, the fish has to be big enough to take the hook. Seems like you need some glasses when it comes to the Canucks. I have read many of your takes and I think you suffer from the blurry vision of bias.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
OP, now I have trust issues and will gonna be reading all the terms on conditions for ANY site and software

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Vatrano for me is somewhere between “total fools gold” and “30 goal scorer”. He’s a really good complimentary player who brings energy to special teams and has a definite nose for the net.

He’s definitely better than Mikheyev and when you add contracts, I think the value difference is substantial.

Maybe not enough of a difference to be worth it for the Canucks to “empty a clip” of asset ammo. But definitely enough that a late 2nd and Raty aren’t going to move the needle for Anaheim, especially if they are throwing in Carrick, who I think has sneaky value is a really good, cheap lower line player in his own right.

Vatrano does a lot for Anaheim and he will be cheap and under contract next year as well. The Ducks need to keep some good veterans players around the next few years. Theres little incentive for them to liquidate him into multiple depth assets right now. He's probably available if the Ducks get back a building block piece they absolutely love but it’s hard to see the OP offer doing that, not that it is a terrible offer or anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad