Proposal: Vancouver - Anaheim

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why is Anaheim adding any picks? Even later ones.

Replace Aman with Podkolzin.

Mikheyev doesn't carry much if any value. Raty looks mediocre in the AHL. 8 goals in 42 games? Islanders already traded him away... now Vancouver is willing to as well. Kinda says a lot without having to say it.

Vatrano is playing great this year. By far the best player in this deal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
character_with_magnify_glass_anim_lg_wm.gif

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
None of those pieces are enticing enough to make me want to trade Vatrano now. If you offered that deal at the next trade deadline, I might consider it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Vatrano is total fools gold. He's a player having an insane career year in a zero pressure situation. Outside of that, he hasn't really been any more productive than Mikheyev, and isn't as good an all around two-way player or PKer.

No interest in that from a Canucks perspective.

Maybe if it were just adding Vatrano without subtracting Mikheyev. But i still probably wouldn't like the price. Rather just go after other wingers sure to be available, who aren't going to require a "career year premium" that is far from guaranteed to translate over to a new, deeper, playoff team situation.

Last edited:

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
To VAN:
Frank Vatrano, Sam Carrick, 2024 5th mason McTavish

To ANA:
Mikheyev, Raty, 2025 2nd, Aman

Yay or nay!
Nay on Carrick and Raty. Switch for Lubushkin and replace Raty with a 1st instead of the 2nd (2026 1st)
Aman does nothing for them and does for us so take him out.

One thing about Mikheyev is he's very useful and before trading him and assuming he still isn't producing I'd just put Hogz on the 2nd line and Mikheyev on the 4th.

But assuming we do move him Vatrano is who makes obvious sense.

Vatrano, Lubushkin for Mikheyev, 2026 1st , assuming a 2nd doesn't get it done.

Mikheyev is not a cap dump and would actually be a good player for the ducks to have in their top six to shelter the young kids defensely.

Again I only trade Mikheyev if he ends up on the 4th line and Hogz doesn't perform in the top six and definitely not including Raty who's made big strides and has a 3C floor and a 2C top six winger very reachable ceiling.
Picks even 1sts should be the currency from since any pick likely years away.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
[assuming the weirdly typed Mason MacTavish isn't part of deal, but basic point still stands ...]

don't see why 'nucks do this.
Frank V having a strong season
but Mikheyev has upside too, difference probably not 3 assets

and isn't Canucks final missing piece a RHD?
solve that before burning other decent trade-able assets ...

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Vatrana is total fools gold. He's a player having an insane career year in a zero pressure situation. Outside of that, he hasn't really been any more productive than Mikheyev, and isn't as good an all around two-way player or PKer.

No interest in that from a Canucks perspective.

Maybe if it were just adding Vatrana without subtracting Mikheyev. But i still probably wouldn't like the price. Rather just go after other wingers sure to be available, who aren't going to require a "career year premium" that is far from guaranteed to translate over to a new, deeper, playoff team situation.
I would much prefer Henrique however even at 50% retained, it would be hard to fit him in cap wise without unloading a contract like Mikheyev, which Anaheim definitely wouldn’t do. And Henrique will cost a 1st round pick.

I’m also a little bit higher on Vatrano than others. He’s a very good complimentary piece that provides some good secondary scoring and yeah obviously he’s having a career year, but he’s a type of player you can pretty much put anywhere in the line up.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Mikheyev doesn't carry much if any value. Raty looks mediocre in the AHL. 8 goals in 42 games? Islanders already traded him away... now Vancouver is willing to as well. Kinda says a lot without having to say it.

Your evaluation of our prospects is terrible. Be honest how many games have you watched of theirs in Abby?
Both are putting up solid numbers but their growth can't be measured by just points. That would be like me telling you Guluyev is meh based on his stats when in reality a lot more goes into it. Both Podz and Raty aren't being moved, they weren't made available in the Lindholm and trade for a reason , both are locks to be at worst 3rd line players and if we wanna keep Lindholm and even improve via UFA, then we will need ELC deals to replace the guys that will get overpaid in July.

As for Mikheyev his value goes well beyond points which is still near a 20 goal 40 point pace, he's very similar to Arteri Leckhonenn(sp) an important piece in your cup run no?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I would much prefer Henrique however even at 50% retained, it would be hard to fit him in cap wise without unloading a contract like Mikheyev, which Anaheim definitely wouldn’t do. And Henrique will cost a 1st round pick.

I’m also a little bit higher on Vatrano than others. He’s a very good complimentary piece that provides some good secondary scoring and yeah obviously he’s having a career year, but he’s a type of player you can pretty much put anywhere in the line up.

Yeah. Henrique is going to end up in a bidding war. Teams still looking for Center depth, that's gonna get pricey.

I'd rather just shop with a different team. Either go after a guy like Laughton if you can afford it, for that C/W versatility...or if we're just going for a Top-6/9 winger like Vatrano, there should be plenty of options out there for the taking. Who aren't going to command far more than they're worth because of a half season heater.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

He was the islander top prospect and was a must in the package for Horvat and you know that. He's also not being shopped funny you mention the goals but leave our the 18 assists, or that he started off slow and was on the 4th line. His play has been excellent since getting more of a role. Context matters.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He was the islander top prospect and was a must in the package for Horvat and you know that. He's also not being shopped funny you mention the goals but leave our the 18 assists, or that he started off slow and was on the 4th line. His play has been excellent since getting more of a role. Context matters.

I really don't know if i'd call Raty the Islanders "top prospect". Or if we know anything about just how critical he was in the deal either tbh. Depends on if you consider guys like Holmstrom and Bolduc "graduated" i guess. But it's really just more an indictment of the Isles prospect pool than an endorsement of Raty as some sort of great prospect. He's a B Prospect with some upside, but some serious flaws too. Nothing more. :dunno:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Context you say. The athletic just rated the NYI as the worst prospect system in the NHL.

You guys went fishing in a lake with no fish to get Raty.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Mikheyev is a downgrade and Raty has basically no appeal to me. Ducks fans trash the Perreault pick but he has had a better year in the AHL then Raty lol. Not to mention Regenda and Nestorenko.

The 2nd is the only piece that is really appealing, and we are adding Carrick (who is probably worth a 3rd/4th by himself) and a 5th?

Not sure what the appeal for the Ducks is. Even if you think he will regress, they can likely get a 2nd for him at the deadline next year without having to give up a 3rd and 4th going back. If a team believes in his game as a top 6 winger then they should get WAY more then this return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad