GDT: vancar

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Being forced to center some pedestrian wingers certainly doesn't help his introduction to the NHL.

Necas's issue is that he really doesn't fit with the "stops and starts, hound the puck" style. He's a circler. Teravainen is, too. IMO, that's why they're both off to shaky starts. The style that's working for 90 percent of the team isn't really a style those two are comfortable with. We'll see if they adjust -- I know TT is streaky, but I think this is a factor as well -- but I don't think it's a lack of effort or being overmatched, in Necas's case.

The best part of this game is how they slowed it down after the 5th goal. Totally changed style of play and neutralized them

All Vancouver could do in the last 10 minutes was ice the puck. It was pretty amazing.

Funny how a lot of people were bullish on the flyers when their goaltending is just as bad as ours

Do I need to go back and find all the times I said exactly this? St. Louis, too. Lots of teams have shaky goaltending. We're far from alone on this one.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Just got back from the game. WOOOOOO!! This is fun!

Side note: I’d like to see Necas sent down for a 5-10 game stint. He still looks like he’s adjusting to the North American ice. He’s very loose with the puck, which you can get away with on the bigger ice, but not so much on the NA ice. I see the toolbox though, he’s going to be a heck of a player in a few years.

Maybe give Nicolas Roy the callup? See what he’s got. If I recall correctly Roy & Zykov played a lot together last year? I could see a McGinn - Roy - Zykov potentially clicking as a 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad