Confirmed with Link: Vanacek traded back to Washington for 2023 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This HAS to be the year that Scott Murray earns his pay. You can put off the first season as him being a new rookie coach and the second season as Holtby declining. Last year he had 2 rookie goalies.

Scott Murray doesn't have those excuse anymore. The goaltending HAS to improve greatly. This is it.
His first season was actually 2018. Korn took a step back and Scott Murray took over. Holtby regressed. Korn was called back in part-way thru the season to fix Holtby.

Reactions: tenken00

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
You and those other two big brains that liked you need to learn to read first instead of actively pursuing stand up comedy career over here. I've already mentioned how do you gain the cap space. Of course that's if you're not the same idiot who created the cap hell first lmao.

First, my reading comprehension scores high. Second, you were the one complaining before that I was using 'big words'. LOL

Back to the topic at hand: Sorry, I don't live in some fantasy-land where we create real cap space on our roster by posting hot takes on this message board. Keep driving your agenda though. Don't mention a pandemic creating a league-wide cap crunch. Who could of predicted Kempny getting hurt? A pandemic? Kuzy gettin snoozy? Hank needing heart surgery? Given the situation and roster, I think GMBM has done well.

BMAC > a 28yr old LOTR rando on HF

Let's see your resume so we can all compare.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
First, my reading comprehension scores high. Second, you were the one complaining before that I was using 'big words'. LOL

Back to the topic at hand: Sorry, I don't live in some fantasy-land where we create real cap space on our roster by posting hot takes on this message board. Keep driving your agenda though. Don't mention a pandemic creating a league-wide cap crunch. Who could of predicted Kempny getting hurt? A pandemic? Kuzy gettin snoozy? Hank needing heart surgery? Given the situation and roster, I think GMBM has done well.

BMAC > a 28yr old LOTR rando on HF

Let's see your resume so we can all compare.
It's crazy funny how a grown man could be fanboying over another dude who's been walking the line of losing his job for like 2 years at least. The commitment is commendable, I'll give you that but can't take this stuff seriously lol.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
It's crazy funny how a grown man could be fanboying over another dude who's been walking the line of losing his job for like 2 years at least. The commitment is commendable, I'll give you that but can't take this stuff seriously lol.

I'd put the losing his job chance at less than 5% over the last 2 years. No way at all he's walking the line like you suggest. You're forgetting that Ted owns the team not you or the others that are claiming GMBM is doing this horrible job overall. No reason at all to believe that Ted feels that he's doing a bad job or the thought has even entered his head to can BM.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I'd put the losing his job chance at less than 5% over the last 2 years. No way at all he's walking the line like you suggest. You're forgetting that Ted owns the team not you or the others that are claiming GMBM is doing this horrible job overall. No reason at all to believe that Ted feels that he's doing a bad job or the thought has even entered his head to can BM.
Ted is very lucky to have Ovechkin, otherwise he has no business being in charge of decisions for any serious sports franchise.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Ted is very lucky to have Ovechkin, otherwise he has no business being in charge of decisions for any serious sports franchise.
Doesn't change the fact that GMBM isn't "walking the line of losing his job for like 2 years at least". You continually make these claims and then when you're point blank challenged on them move the goal post. I don't block people but man is your shtick getting old.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Doesn't change the fact that GMBM isn't "walking the line of losing his job for like 2 years at least". You continually make these claims and then when you're point blank challenged on them move the goal post. I don't block people but man is your shtick getting old.
How do you know he's not walking that line? Or the possibility of his firing is less than 5% ? How did you calculate that? What's the basis of such a specific evaluation? You can block whatever you want, the fact is there's nothing behind a bunch of words you've typed out. That's just your random thoughts, nothing more. But you sauce it like you have some proof or something. In fact, you just have your opinion on the matter, nothing else.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This HAS to be the year that Scott Murray earns his pay. You can put off the first season as him being a new rookie coach and the second season as Holtby declining. Last year he had 2 rookie goalies.

Scott Murray doesn't have those excuse anymore. The goaltending HAS to improve greatly. This is it.

wtf? Shouldn’t the actual goalies be on the hot seat if anything? Lol….

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
So you're telling me Fleury would fetch a 1st rounder+ had he committed to playing for the Hawks?
Are you telling me he wouldn’t have fetched a 1st had he committed to playing for Colorado?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
How do you know he's not walking that line? Or the possibility of his firing is less than 5% ? How did you calculate that? What's the basis of such a specific evaluation? You can block whatever you want, the fact is there's nothing behind a bunch of words you've typed out. That's just your random thoughts, nothing more. But you sauce it like you have some proof or something. In fact, you just have your opinion on the matter, nothing else.

aren’t you doing the exact same thing you’re accusing him of, claiming he is “walking the line”…….sorry….just another Melkor hot take.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
MAF wouldn’t come to Washington so he’s a complete nonstarter. No clue why he’d even be brought into the conversation considering he’s contemplating retirement.

Grubauer wasn’t going to sign back here considering there’s nowhere near the amount of cap space available to bring him in. I also wouldn’t want to dish out a $5.9 million average salary to a goaltender when the main focus should be clearing cap space to add more secondary scoring.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Are you telling me he wouldn’t have fetched a 1st had he committed to playing for Colorado?
Nah I think he wouldn't. Colorado bet on getting it done with Grubauer, eventually couldn't and played themselves into paying luxury price for an average goalie. In normal circumstances Sakic being aware of Vegas' issues with crazy expensive goalie tandem and variety of options on the market before the FA market opening wouldn't pay the 1st for a good but very old goaltender with a heavy cap hit.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Are you going to fire them though? That's the difference lol

Scott Murray definitely should be fired if there isn't improvement. Large quantifiable improvement.

HELL YES…..LOL…..if one doesn’t firmly claim the starter’s spot this season, it’s time to start looking at options for different guys.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey Bears goalie coach Alex Westlund is better than Scott Murray, but the Caps don't know it or they are too bull headed to realize it.
You keep running with this take with very little evidence to back it up. Fucale had a good year for sure, but that’s a very small sample size and the rest of Westlund’s resume is average at best.

If Murray gets fired they should look outside the organization to hire a new goaltending coach

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
aren’t you doing the exact same thing you’re accusing him of, claiming he is “walking the line”…….sorry….just another Melkor hot take.
The difference is I wasn't bashing him for having opinion in the first place. He did. I'm just pointing out how hypocritical his post looks right now. The guy states with authority that there's no way Ted even thought of firing Maclellan at any point since the cup run. That's just stupid. Literally nobody knows did he actually think about that or not.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018

How do you know he's walking that line? How did you calculate that? What's the basis of such a specific evaluation? You can say whatever you want, the fact is there's nothing behind a bunch of words you've typed out. That's just your random thoughts, nothing more. But you sauce it like you have some proof or something. In fact, you just have your opinion on the matter, nothing else.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You keep running with this take with very little evidence to back it up. Fucale had a good year for sure, but that’s a very small sample size and the rest of Westlund’s resume is average at best.

If Murray gets fired they should look outside the organization to hire a new goaltending coach
I don't think he's doing it to pump up Westlund so much as he's doing it to detract from Murray.

Dave Prior is available. ;)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The difference is I wasn't bashing him for having opinion in the first place. He did. I'm just pointing out how hypocritical his post looks right now. The guy states with authority that there's no way Ted even thought of firing Maclellan at any point since the cup run. That's just stupid. Literally nobody knows did he actually think about that or not.

look at the mass failures with McPhee and it took FOREVER to remove him….zero chance Ted has seriously considered canning GMBM IMO.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Same with Ernie.

AfraidGlitteringCrab-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad