Confirmed with Link: [VAN/WIN] Canucks acquire 2022 3rd Round Pick for D Nate Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Hey Markus, I appreciate your concerns.

Are you aware of the FC Barcelona, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia 76ers among noteworthy examples?

Did you see Jakub Voracek tweet at HFboards users who criticized him this past year?
The 76ers being a particular GM himself with a dummy twitter account?

The Senators being, again, a twitter thing with a single account I believe?

I'm not familiar with the Barcelona thing.

Look, astroturfing is a thing, particularly in political movements.

But there being like 15 people who don't set their hair on fire every time our GM makes a move is far from indicative of a coordinated 'shill' movement.

Reactions: alternate

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The 76ers being a particular GM himself with a dummy twitter account?

The Senators being, again, a twitter thing with a single account I believe?

I'm not familiar with the Barcelona thing.

Look, astroturfing is a thing, particularly in political movements.

But there being like 15 people who don't set their hair on fire every time our GM makes a move is far from indicative of a coordinated 'shill' movement.
Again, you have created another straw.

I specifically said “that is the ONE account I would bet on”.

You have turned this into 15.

Also, look up barcagate.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
bandy is doing his usual Schtick of claiming that I know something that I don’t instead of just posting a link like a normal person and I am f***ing with him.
I didn't actually read your reply since I figure everyone on this board needs a mulligan at some point. I'm not going to go find anyone's tweets. I'm busy and hungry and you'd just pivot or rationalize them somehow anyway.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Says a lot when a guy elects to choose f***ing Winnipeg over Vancouver.

This franchise is a flaming dumpster fire.

I though last years D was bad. Losing Schmidt and Edler and replacing them with OEL and Schenn. Oof. Not just that but Myers is a sure bet to see over 20 min. Tragic.
FFS, you don't think any part of it is that he feels redundant here with Quinn Hughes?

He was also with this team during a bizarre Covid year. And we were hit hard with Covid.

He is a super sociable guy who couldn't even properly get to know his teammates.

It's hilarious to me that a whole contingent of these boards won't even enjoy it when we are a good team.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
As I've said before, I'm sure these people exist in all genuineness. I've just never met one out in the wild.
You have never met a person who isn't beside themself with rage at Benning all of the time?

Someone who looks at sees that he has made a lot of good moves in the last 3-4 years, while his first few years were terrible? This is something you have never come across?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Again, you have created another straw.

I specifically said “that is the ONE account I would bet on”.

You have turned this into 15.

Also, look up barcagate.
It's not a strawman.

So according to your moving goalposts, all you are arguing is that there is 1 shill account on here. Why would a billion dollar organization even bother with that? It doesn't even make internal sense.

What I'm saying, is that there is this rage cult on these boards with an inflated sense of importance and an inability to process differing viewpoints. Everyone who disagrees, has to be a paid shill by the Acquillini's. Surely the people who all agree on every single point in a negative, hyperbolic direction are always correct.

Reactions: bbud

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
So the jets had to give up two 2nd round picks for Dillon, and all Benning could muster for a better player in Schmidt is a single 3rd rounder? Then he has the nerve to gloat about trying to strengthen the prospect pool. Meanwhile the moron has been bleeding picks like a seive lately. You just can’t make this garbage up!

Reactions: Indiana and MarkMM

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
You have never met a person who isn't beside themself with rage at Benning all of the time?

Someone who looks at sees that he has made a lot of good moves in the last 3-4 years, while his first few years were terrible? This is something you have never come across?

1. Not who I was talking about.
2. I have come across that because that person is me. I really like what we did in that brief 2017-19 period when we got closest to an actual rebuild we've had.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I believe a majority of them are genuine. Like Fan, Krutov are clearly just people with different views than me.

It's not a strawman.

So according to your moving goalposts, all you are arguing is that there is 1 shill account on here. Why would a billion dollar organization even bother with that? It doesn't even make internal sense.

What I'm saying, is that there is this rage cult on these boards with an inflated sense of importance and an inability to process differing viewpoints. Everyone who disagrees, has to be a paid shill by the Acquillini's. Surely the people who all agree on every single point in a negative, hyperbolic direction are always correct.

Straw again

Reactions: geebaan

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
Dont mind this.

Schmidt way over rated on this board for some reason. And over paid.

He got traded for a 3rd twice... if teams actually liked him they could have got him easily, particularly last summer. But I guess you guys know more than the GMs

Next trade Myers for a 3rd and revamp the D core.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

Why is everyone who dislikes Benning apoplectic with rage? I derive great amusement from his moves and then posting about it.

Someone who looks at sees that he has made a lot of good moves in the last 3-4 years, while his first few years were terrible?

His terrible moves have continued on unabated. They did not stop 3-4 years ago. Were you under double secret Covid lockdown and are just emerging and missed the ~9 months or so?

Reactions: vanuck

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
If you’re panicking about an offer sheet for Petterson, maybe get that deal done prior doing all these ridiculous trades. ‍♂️

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Lot of hyberbole in this thread. Schmidt wanted out - Benning recouped what he paid for him even after Schmidt had a down year. Notwithstanding that he was a redundant player with 3 other puck moving LHD (4 if you count Juolevi), this trade is a nothing event.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Straw again
Except that it's not a straw man.

Perhaps you are convinced, for some reason, that there is only one person on here who you are sure is a paid shill. I can't make sense of that on several levels, but that's fine. And you feel misrepresented by me suggesting that you think there is a cadre of paid shills.

Perhaps I am responding to you without nuance, but I have seen the argument on these boards several time that accuses any dissenting opinion of being a shill. In fact, I was called 'a known shill' yesterday. Though not by you.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wasnt JT Miller supposed to asking for a trade out of town..?....How did that go..?..Sorry, but I don't buy into every two bit Twitter rumour that so and so are leaving the 'tire fire'...

Schmidt never did officially ask for a trade.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad