Post-Game Talk: VAN VS NSH 8:15-ish The Whale Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
I will just have to put blinders on, avoid the news and social media until I can watch the game tomorrow. That is one positive about the scarce Predators media coverage. You have to go out of your way to find it, so there is less of a chance of accidental spoilers.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
This game time sucks for a home game and so does whoever scheduled it.
Part of some dumb every-team-plays-on-the same night (with staggered starts) thing. Cause 16 games spread across a 7 hour period is more likely to draw viewers than, you know, scheduling more than 1 or 2 games on 4 of the 7 nights each week.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Part of some dumb every-team-plays-on-the same night (with staggered starts) thing. Cause 16 games spread across a 7 hour period is more likely to draw viewers than, you know, scheduling more than 1 or 2 games on 4 of the 7 nights each week.
ESPN is trying an NHL version of NFL Red Zone with this.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
There is a problem with the common complaint that the NHL has many days with only a game or 2. This is a gate driven league for better or worse. Every team especially in the US wants the Saturday night games because that's the best night for attendance. We all want back to backs limited, so that limits games on Friday and Sunday basically forcing teams more often than not into a Mon/Wed/Sat or more commonly Tue/Thu/Sat schedule.

Obviously there are other considerations especially for teams sharing arenas with the NBA etc, but that's a basic look at it.

I don't see this as a problem the NHL is going to be gung ho to solve. HF is full of the more hardcore fans who actually are interested in watching multiple teams/games on a given night. Most fans do not care to watch games other than their favorite team's once or twice a week, and TV ratings in general are very poor compared to other major leagues. They'll continue to schedule them based on what will draw fans to the arena and so I think this complaint will continue.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Definitely going to need some afternoon coffee for this one. Though my kitties will be happy about getting fed at their usual time instead after the game.

Wasn't particularly inspired musically today...

Reactions: SouthNash

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
So a guy at this FDA conference I am attending knows a guy who knows a guy who got us tickets. They asked me if down low in Section 108 was any good. I told him to save me one and I would show him. Guess I will have to buy him a beer!

Now I just hope we don't stink up the joint!

Last edited:

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
Just hope the Canucks think this will be an easy win like their fans do...😎 go get em boys!!

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Am I crazy to think this may be a potential WCF matchup in the next 3 years?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I can’t even figure out what channel this game is on. Cut the cord and now I feel like I’m back 10 years when it was like half the challenge was finding the right channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad