Proposal: (VAN/TOR) Jett Woo, Brendan Leipsic for Andreas Johnsson and Justin Holl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Holl, but I am so tired...

...of repeating myself.

But we have 7 D on the roster right now... so why do we need Holl? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait and see if some of our D prospects pan out first since Hughes, Juolevi and Woo are all 5-8 years younger than Holl?

I still don't see why this is a must-do deal for the Canucks.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
But we have 7 D on the roster right now... so why do we need Holl? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait and see if some of our D prospects pan out first since Hughes, Juolevi and Woo are all 5-8 years younger than Holl?

I still don't see why this is a must-do deal for the Canucks.

Holl is going to be a star. Toronto’s D is just too good for him.:sarcasm:

Reactions: manroth19

Jan 21, 2018
Pretty rich comment from a fan base with 50 years of nothing. Now after being a ditch dweller for the better part of 5 decades you are pulling out the look at the standings for a Detroit fan??

Leaf fans brag about winning several cups, Leaf haters whine about them always bringing up the past.

Leaf fans brag about having a top team today, Leaf haters whine about them being terrible in the past.

Reactions: glucker

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Has anyone made a trade offer that both sides have ever liked here? I'm guessing snot.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Leaf fans brag about winning several cups, Leaf haters whine about them always bringing up the past.

Leaf fans brag about having a top team today, Leaf haters whine about them being terrible in the past.

Pretty big difference between 5 years ago and 50 years ago, pal...

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
This is dramatic and I am not going to explain my logic in this thread for the 5th time.

It's a fair proposal. That's why we are on page 16.

The amount of posts do not equate to a fair proposal. Especially when most of them are from people saying that Vancouver is on the wrong side of the deal.

Your logic is that Johnsson could do more in a top 9 role, I would suggest that anyone who gets more minutes is likely to get more points. Also, what has Johnsson done to warrant a promotion to the third line?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The amount of posts do not equate to a fair proposal. Especially when most of them are from people saying that Vancouver is on the wrong side of the deal.

Your logic is that Johnsson could do more in a top 9 role, I would suggest that anyone who gets more minutes is likely to get more points. Also, what has Johnsson done to warrant a promotion to the third line?

A strong playoff in the NHL and AHL (Calder Cup MVP).

Again no one can dispute the winger depth on TOR. Some of our prospects have been given minor roles because of the depth in the top 9.

Also he's playing in the top 9 tonight vs the Devils.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Has anyone made a trade offer that both sides have ever liked here? I'm guessing snot.
I had a few Tanev proposals agreed to last season....but those Luongo threads from years ago i believe is where some of the vitriol derives from.:laugh:

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013

Again no one can dispute the winger depth on TOR. Some of our prospects have been given minor roles because of the depth in the top 9.

He’s not in the press box tonight then? Good for him

Reactions: joe dirte

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I had a few Tanev proposals agreed to last season....but those Luongo threads from years ago i believe is where some of the vitriol derives from.:laugh:

I remember a thread blasted from both sides of Luongo for Scrivens and a 3rd, which is pretty funny to look back on

Reactions: Liferleafer

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

Looks like you need him them! The Canucks will keep Woo and you can keep Johnsson.

If Johnsson was traded to the Canucks, only Leipsic would be likely coming back with nothing else added. Leipsic has shown he can play at the NHL level, Johnsson hasn't managed to do that yet.

Reactions: joe dirte

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Looks like you need him them! The Canucks will keep Woo and you can keep Johnsson.

If Johnsson was traded to the Canucks, only Leipsic would be likely coming back with nothing else added. Leipsic has shown he can play at the NHL level, Johnsson hasn't managed to do that yet.

Johnsson has playoff games under his belt...how he hasn't shown he can play at the NHL level is beyond me. Think you shot that one in the dark...Leipsic wouldn’t crack the Leafs, even when they stunk he wasn’t cracking the lineup besides for a cup of tea lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad