Van' Riemsdyk not available. Kadri's asking price is 'extremely high'

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Every one is available for the right price, and what is the right price for Kadri (a late 1st?)

I'd say so. We view Kadri as a 2C yes?

Ribiero fetched Eakins and a 2nd not so long ago.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm sorry but no matter how good Bozak is playing, he needs to go. I thought this was a ****ing re-build now all of a sudden all these guys are part of the solution? Bozak's value has never been higher, just move him and keep adding assets.

I would move him for the right price and I believe this is the time to move him, while his value is high

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I'm sorry but no matter how good Bozak is playing, he needs to go. I thought this was a ****ing re-build now all of a sudden all these guys are part of the solution? Bozak's value has never been higher, just move him and keep adding assets.

Code for "we're not that desperate to give them away" and "we're fully prepared to keep them if our prices aren't met".

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
First time we've really heard anything from Lou Lam with regards to the upcoming trade deadline. I like the cone of silence around management. Not surprising that they put a high price tag on guys like Kadri, and Bozak. Makes sense that JVR is not available - since he's injured and all. I wouldn't expect otherwise coming from Lou.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'd say so. We view Kadri as a 2C yes?

Ribiero fetched Eakins and a 2nd not so long ago.

Even for a 2nd liner it has to be more then a late 1st (that's how I feel), keep in mind Kadri is much younger then Ribiero (he is close to 35)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Code for "we're not that desperate to give them away".

Bozak's stats and price tag should honestly have him in that 1st round pick category, maybe you take back money to help a team (because everyone is tight against the cap) but the 1st round pick value is pretty fair now. Producing minus Kessel.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
First time we've really heard anything from Lou Lam with regards to the upcoming trade deadline. I like the cone of silence around management. Not surprising that they put a high price tag on guys like Kadri, and Bozak. Makes sense that JVR is not available - since he's injured and all. I wouldn't expect otherwise coming from Lou.

What would you take for Kadri?

OvenMittz*

Yup. I think it has to be a good return to trade him. Not an average return

Needs to be a 1st and a pretty good young prospect coming our way. And maybeeee another late pick if you can grab one.. But I'd be happy 1st + good prospect

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Even for a 2nd liner it has to be more then a late 1st (that's how I feel), keep in mind Kadri is much younger then Ribiero (he is close to 35)

Ribiero had been producing pretty steady, had a 90 point pace season to his name. Kadri for all we like him hasn't cracked 50 points yet.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Bozak's stats and price tag should honestly have him in that 1st round pick category, maybe you take back money to help a team (because everyone is tight against the cap) but the 1st round pick value is pretty fair now. Producing minus Kessel.

I agree - I believe the best season of his career and has proven that he can create offence without Kessel

OvenMittz*

Would we be able to trade off JVR in the summer for the same value he would have now?

When does his limited NTC kick in?

mikebel111*

Needs to be a 1st and a pretty good young prospect coming our way. And maybeeee another late pick if you can grab one.. But I'd be happy 1st + good prospect

Agreed.

I mean whats the point of say a 30th pick for Kadri

If its like IDK 23rd(or somewhere around) plus a B level prospect than sign me up.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Ribiero had been producing pretty steady, had a 90 point pace season to his name. Kadri for all we like him hasn't cracked 50 points yet.

I am just looking at the upside, only a late 1st (I won't), is Ribiero a better player now or going forward (I don't think so)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

Ribeiro might be steady as far as points, but that's all he does. He's one of the worst in the league in terms of faceoff%. He doesn't do much of anything away from the puck. Doesn't shoot. And he gets himself into stupid penalties. I know who the better player value wise is.

Leafs should hang onto Kadri and build around him honestly.

Sep 18, 2009
Good saying JVR is unavailable
Drive up the price
Then trade him
I expect 1st + Nice Prospect

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Would we be able to trade off JVR in the summer for the same value he would have now?

When does his limited NTC kick in?

Why would you trade JVR? just for the sake of trading

You need some experience up front when your prospects are coming up

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

or two 2nds or 2nd + prospect minimum.

mikebel111*

Ribeiro might be steady as far as points, but that's all he does. He's one of the worst in the league in terms of faceoff%. He doesn't do much of anything away from the puck. Doesn't shoot. And he gets himself into stupid penalties. I know who the better player value wise is.

If by build around around him, you mean as a support piece than yes I agree

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am just looking at the upside, only a late 1st (I won't), is Ribiero a better player now or going forward (I don't think so)

1st for Bozak - sure

1st for Kadri - not so sure, I also question the upside in such a deal, I'd rather get a defenseman, or even add and get a defenseman.

That could be a July 2nd-3rd kinda deal though, may want to see about Stamkos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad