Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Canucks trade F Alex Burrows to OTT for F Jonathan Dahlén

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Man sens fans are livid. Can't blame them

I sincerely hope that Burrows can contribute in a meaningful way down the stretch and in the playoffs and win some Sens fans over. I think he is just the kind to thrive under the pressure.

Now that he's in the east, I'd love nothing more than to have him make some of the eastern media eat their note pads. I think he has enough in him still to do that.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I love the trade also from a standpoint of loading up Utica.

Having a good center prospect in Utica will have trickledown effects for other prospects too. It'll be incredibly smart for us to just stack Utica with good prospects next year. Let them cook.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
This is a great trade don't get me wrong but it's like the expectations for Benning to muck up are so high that when he does one thing right everyone glosses over all the bad.

Great trade today but i still want him fired yesterday.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Sad to see Burr go... I wanted him to retire a Canuck. All the best to him in Ottawa, I hope he kicks all kinds of ass in the playoffs.

On the plus sside, Jimbo got something good in return, so I'm happily surprised.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Can't fault this move. A pretty good prospect for Burr and he gets to go close to home with a shot.

Canucks should have been making similar moves with others the last few years and have stocked cupboards but whatever gotta start sometime.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Man, I could not have been more surprised by this. In a way this does highlight Benning's aptitude (relative to his other skill sets) for evaluating prospects. Dahlen seems like a huge coup compared to the 4th rounder I was expecting for a fan favourite. Pleasantly surprised. If he can do something with Hansen--and this seems like the right deadline to do it--he will have surpassed my deadline expectations by a country mile.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Man, I could not have been more surprised by this. In a way this does highlight Benning's aptitude (relative to his other skill sets) for evaluating prospects. Dahlen seems like a huge coup compared to the 4th rounder I was expecting for a fan favourite. Pleasantly surprised. If he can do something with Hansen--and this seems like the right deadline to do it--he will have surpassed my deadline expectations by a country mile.

I dunno about that. I mean is it a big secret that Dahlen is a good prospect? Is it Benning's sharp eye for talent that got this done so much as just a recognition that Dahlen is the type of prospect we *should* be targeting?

I mean I'll give full credit for scouting a guy like Gaudette in the 5th before he was on everyone's radar like he is today. If another GM came along and fleeced us for Gaudette I don't think I'd be as impressed with his "eye for talent" so much as his ability to read a stat sheet.

That said, it's a good trade and Benning should be given credit for targeting that type of player and managing to get Ottawa to agree to it.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
scarface-memes-0.jpg

Super pleasantly surprised with Benning today. Hopefully he keeps it up if he's not getting fired anytime soon.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Sens might not make the playoffs

that team has pylons on D other then Karlsson

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
This is a great trade don't get me wrong but it's like the expectations for Benning to muck up are so high that when he does one thing right everyone glosses over all the bad.

Great trade today but i still want him fired yesterday.

No one sane, would do that.

Yet, it's important to give credit to a good move.

I, like most, have mentioned the void of trading prowess in Benning's game...

Yes, it's just one win. But, it's a win.

And he should be congratulated for it.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
I love the trade also from a standpoint of loading up Utica.

Having a good center prospect in Utica will have trickledown effects for other prospects too. It'll be incredibly smart for us to just stack Utica with good prospects next year. Let them cook.

I'd love to get some confirmation on what position he plays..
Is he a natural centre that's playing left wing right now with a better centre?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
listed as 5'10 176 lbs. Smaller player but highly skilled.

At least a couple years away from making playing part time for the Canucks even.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Now, I'm a bit more content after this trade - as are many.

Icing on the cake would be.. anything for MillerTime.

I'm happy keeping Hansen until next years deadline.

He would be worth a lot more.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Dahlen is exactly 5 feet and 11.25 inches, listed at 176 pounds at the combine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad