Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Canucks acquire 3rd in 2022 (VAN) for D Travis Hamonic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As Craig Button pointed out earlier this year in assessing the Canucks blueline, 'they went out and signed more 6-7 d-men than any team in the league. And if your signing them for just one season, it might not be a problem. But guys like Hamonic and Poolman got ridiculous term on their contracts.

So trading Hamonic for anything, is bordering on miraculous.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
As Craig Button pointed out earlier this year in assessing the Canucks blueline, 'they went out and signed more 6-7 d-men than any team in the league. And if your signing them for just one season, it might not be a problem. But guys like Hamonic and Poolman got ridiculous term on their contracts.

So trading Hamonic for anything, is bordering on miraculous.
and then we get another one in Dermott..?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
For christs sake …. Who in the f*** mentioned race ? (Besides you). Stop virtue signalling it’s disgusting. Nobody said anything about race. He’s weird cuz he’s weird. I’m weird too, nothing to do with my race, I’m just nuts. That’s all.

Lol. Virtue signalling? Who said he was weird? (Besides you). Don't make this about you. It's disgusting.

Hamonic is a veteran guy known for his character and leadership on and off the ice. He was an assistant captain with the Islanders. He's won league and team awards for his off ice community work. Now he's suddenly a different bird? Different how?

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Lol. Virtue signalling? Who said he was weird? (Besides you). Don't make this about you. It's disgusting.

Hamonic is a veteran guy known for his character and leadership on and off the ice. He was an assistant captain with the Islanders. He's won league and team awards for his off ice community work. Now he's suddenly a different bird? Different how?

So you immediately jump to his race? Seriously drop it.

How about as in his personality? Pretty obvious that's what it is being alluded to. Especially after he basically wanted to be a part-time employee in the NHL with the Canucks.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy left voicemails calling in sick to practice.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I

To jump to the race thing is completely messed up. Methot actually has inside knowledge of these guys obviously. You took a general statement and tried to smear it with the worst possible assumption, for no reason. Just stop.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

I called him one as well, as did Methot. You’ve pulled this race card before and that’s what’s actually disgusting. None of this about race, just stop ffs.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I called him one as well, as did Methot. You’ve pulled this race card before and that’s what’s actually disgusting. None of this about race, just stop ffs.

Now you're just making shit up. That's disgusting.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

can you blame the players? This guy MIA’d for the first half of the season, now all of a sudden he wants to be a part of this team.

Yeah get bent Hamonic

He was a complete waste of cap space. Great on the Canucks for unloading him & getting a 3rd round pick back. A team with plenty of cap space *might* find him still a useful player. That is, whenever he bothers to show up. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Hamonic.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
To jump to the race thing is completely messed up. Methot actually has inside knowledge of these guys obviously. You took a general statement and tried to smear it with the worst possible assumption, for no reason. Just stop.

It was just a question first of all. But you don't wonder why EVERY player that Methot talked to about Hamonic told him that he was a different bird? Is it because he goes out of his way to help kids who have lost a parent? Does he like to go to museums instead of hanging out at a bar with his teammates? Hamonic comes with the reputation of being a leader on and off the ice. He has wore the A on his jersey before. He seemed well liked in the locker room. So I wonder why this is the first time we heard anything like this of a 10 year vet.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Torts was wrong about that one. Booth was just part of a group previously known as the "Silent Majority." They are silent no longer.

Meanwhile, Hamonic was spending time helping kids who lost a parent. I mean who does that? You're suppose to just show up at team sponsored events and visit the Children's hospital with teammates and be done.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Now you're just making shit up. That's disgusting.
You just brought up race and you brought up race before with me once before in regards to Delorme, so no I am not making things up and either a) you have a short memory or b) are lying. Weirdly bringing up race out of the blue like this is f***ed up and offensive.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You just brought up race and you brought up race before with me once before in regards to Delorme, so no I am not making things up and either a) you have a short memory or b) are lying. Weirdly bringing up race out of the blue like this is f***ed up and offensive.

I've had the same experience from him also on multiple occasions, including one after making the fairly bland assertion that Vancouver's immigrant population was more invested in basketball than baseball (in regards to MLB expansion). It's really offensive and the worst possible example of virtue signalling.

In terms of Hamonic, I had no idea he was even First Nations. He has a very Croatian/Slavic surname and I just assumed he was a fully white guy from an Eastern European background.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I probably didn't take kindly to your f***ed up assertion that Delorme was a drunk?

I've had the same experience from him also on multiple occasions, including one after making the fairly bland assertion that Vancouver's immigrant population was more invested in basketball than baseball (in regards to MLB expansion). It's really offensive and the worst possible example of virtue signalling.

That's not what you wrote and you know it MS. You said that Asians, culturally, aren't interested in NA pro sports. When I called you out on it and pointed to the popularity of say baseball in Asia, you pivoted to saying that you obviously meant Chinese people when talking about the Asian community.

Some people just can't see how offensive their comments are... :rolleyes:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I probably didn't take kindly to your f***ed up assertion that Delorme was a drunk?

That's not what you wrote and you know it MS. You said that Asians, culturally, aren't interested in NA pro sports. When I called you out on it and pointed to the popularity of say baseball in Asia, you pivoted to saying that you obviously meant Chinese people when talking about the Asian community.

Some people just can't see how offensive their comments are... :rolleyes:

I said that Vancouver's Asian community was more interested in basketball than baseball. The obvious context of that comment was that community is mainly Chinese (where baseball is not a thing, save Taiwan) and not Japanese (where baseball is huge). You went off on an insane virtue-signalling tangent that I somehow thought all Asians were the same.

I am a massive baseball fan and am very well aware of where baseball is popular and where it isn't.

You do this constantly, and get offended by something you want to get offended by rather than what was actually said. Your Hamonic post was just the latest example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad