Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald traded for Tom Pyatt, Mike McKenna, 6th Round Pick in '19

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
McKenna I don't think is going to get picked up at all.. 35 yr old AHLers..
He should pass thru.
But if he doesn't... think about that issue then.

Pretty sure Bachman is possibly done for a couple months/the rest of the season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Don't care much for Archibald. This team and the fans have been dying for a physical presence for years and he didn't deliver one. He could have been a regular if he played like Dorsett, instead he played like Gudbranson. He's fine, but nothing to write him about.

He was throwing hits at literally double the rate of anyone else on the team.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
arent the pro tankers gonna meet for a celebratory beer now that Jimmy the great has accumulated 3 6th round picks?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Good on Benning getting those extra kicks at the can in those final few rounds. Get an every day player on just 1 after pick 100 and you're happy. There are always a few.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Wasn’t Pratt on waiver yesterday?
I guess two additions for Utica?

Pretty much. Pratt has cleared, so he just snaps in for Archie. McKenna needs to clear waivers still, but unlikely to be picked up which makes room for Demko.

We can put Dave Pratt on waivers? Perfect. Send him to Utica!

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Archibald had some decent games but his skating does not suit an increasing fast NHL nor really the system Green is using. Pyatt can't score but is the much better skater. This part of the deal is a wash.

Nilsson, despite some dreadful play, still has the chance to be play at the NHL level. There were games this year when he was excellent and he could help Ottawa. McKenna is strictly here to fill a gap in Utica. Ottawa wins this aspect of the trade.

Sixth is a shot in the dark but is at least is that. Could say the Canucks did get something for Nilsson who was gone at the end of the season and removed a log jam that now allows Demko to play in Vancouver . Important b/c you don't want to have Demko's development stalled out at the AHL level. He does need to move up and this has to be the most critical part of the trade from a Vancouver stand point.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
All's I see is,

Nilsson for 6th rounder, (Demko)

Makes me very happy that Benning managed to get a draft pick out of Nilsson, and Demko can finally have a shot in the big leagues. I didn't want to see another Cory Schneider incident, where a fully capable NHL goaltender is wasting away his prime years in the minors.

Win-win.. so stoked.

pomx

May 15, 2014
In addition on getting the 6th pick, we save some cap! Albeit small, but solid deal for Canucks.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I will say that I fee for Ottawa fans; if bennings two best trades come from trading with your team; I fear for your team under that gm

And they don’t have their own first lol

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Glad that Demko is finally getting his chance...I wonder if Nilsson has been on the block for awhile, or the last game was the last straw?...Nilsson was really good in October,better than Marky..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad