Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald traded for Tom Pyatt, Mike McKenna, 6th Round Pick in '19

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Love this trade. I didn't think we would get ANYTHING for Nilsson, so this surprises me. But now we can get a closer look at Demko and ride him as the backup full time next year.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Apart from an injury to Markstrom, there's no chance that Demko starts half of the remaining games.

I forgot how many games had passed....

10-15 then. I think that's reasonable.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Pyatt is not a good player. Sucks to give up Archibald from the Comet point of view as it seems he's a major leader on that team. McKenna is also not a good player and shouldn't be anywhere near the NHL.
/QUOTE]
Comets should be used to downgrades on their roster by now.:)

Good on the Canucks getting a draft pick.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
This is a good move. Get what you can from Nilsson, who was never part of the ongoing plan. Pyatt and Mckenna can bolster the Comets. Bring up Thatchet Man.

Hope Archibald lands a full-time gig with the Sens.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Archibald and Pyatt both cleared waivers, safe to say that the league views them both as AHL'ers. I liked Archie, but on a good team he should be no more than a call-up option since his speed isn't great for today's game.

Nilsson for a 6th is nice, I thought he had zero value.

Demko needs some NHL games at this point, he's 23 years old.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
And Bachman is on the way up. And Sutter is on the way back. And Goldobin is on the block.

Well that's one multi million dollar expiring contract out and two (in the) AHL contracts back.

We got a pick, does that count as selling off an asset?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I like it if in fact Demko gets called up and given 10-15 starts in the second half. If McKenna isn't immediately sent down for Demko then it's a bit of a headscratcher.

Glad to get a pick without giving one up.

Glad to get Archibald another chance since it's clear he wasn't getting one here. Really hope that Pyatt is sent to Utica for support.

I think we also shed a bit of salary on this move which is nice.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
McKenna is on the NHL roster and requires waives... basically same situation with Nilsson... except I don't think we care if we lose McKenna when the time comes to demote him in favor of Demko.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Hutchinson netted a 2020 5th round pick. :sarcasm:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
6th round pick makes this a win for Vancouver.

Hopefully this is the beginning of Benning stockpiling draft picks for 2019. Please try to get picks for any of Pouliot, Del Zotto, Schaller, and Edler. Goldobin too if he really is on the way out.
I really don't want them to move Goldobin. I don't think they will get a decent return for him. The rest, yes, though I don't think Edler is going anywhere. Prove me wrong Benning!

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
McKenna is on the NHL roster and I think requires waives... basicaly same situation with Nilsson... except I don't think we care if we lose McKenna when the time comes to demote him in favor of Demko.
But then who backs up Bachman?

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I still don't see this as us getting anything for Nilsson. Basically a 6th round pick for Archie, which is fair for a 4th liner.

Reactions: MS

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Don't care much for Archibald. This team and the fans have been dying for a physical presence for years and he didn't deliver one. He could have been a regular if he played like Dorsett, instead he played like Gudbranson. He's fine, but nothing to write him about.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
omg tell you are brother to come out of retirement, tom!!

pyatt_superfan2.jpg

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I really don't want them to move Goldobin. I don't think they will get a decent return for him. The rest, yes, though I don't think Edler is going anywhere. Prove me wrong Benning!

I agree, I'd prefer to keep Goldobin. He's already pretty much a 50 point LW, which is exactly what we need. It's too bad he's not working out with Green.

If we have to trade him, an early or mid 2nd round pick would be preferrable.

I'd also look to move Granlund and/or Sutter. Maybe not this deadline, but definitely within the next year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad