Proposal: Van - NYI

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I actually saw this on a Canucks blog but ill repeat it here.

To Isles
Vasili Podkolzen

To Canucks
Noah Dobson

People were kind of crapping on the deal in the Canucks blog but I think its classic "my player is more valuable".

Does it work organizationally?

Canucks definitely could use another potentially high end dman over a winger. Obv a pick could be added either way to make it work but is there a base for a trade there?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

To Isles
Vasili Podkolzen

To Canucks
Noah Dobson

People were kind of crapping on the deal in the Canucks blog but I think its classic "my player is more valuable".

Canucks definitely could use another potentially high end dman over a winger. Obv a pick could be added either way to make it work but is there a base for a trade there?
I doubt the Isles want to move Dobson. Would be good for Vancouver but I just don't see it happening.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Seems a win for Vancouver. What’s the incentive for the Islanders?

I don’t think anyone wants to see Hughes - Dobson pairing for the next 10 years. Dare to dream I guess

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019

To Isles
Vasili Podkolzen

To Canucks
Noah Dobson

The trade isn't terrible but in that blog the guy added a 4th or 5th round pick with Pod I believe. It would probably take like a 3rd rounder as well.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
As an Isles fan it's a no-go. When we saw Dobson on the Left side he looked ok but made a bunch of mistakes. When we saw him on the Right side we saw what the hype and the rankings were about. For a team that's going to be relying on it's defense for the next 4-5 years he really isn't a tradeable player, way too valuable to us.

The value isn't far off though.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
This would be a smart trade for Vancouver, they have a big need for a solid RHD longterm.

I think the overall value isn't too far offer, but positional value favours the Isles. Guys with #1D potential aren't traded very often.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I don't know the Vancouver kid, I barely know Isles prospects.

But I love what I see in Dobson. Mistakes made are literally rookie mistakes. I can't wait for him to fill out, he has smarts and great instincts. Slaughter said it above, he was ok on the left but the right I felt we were in business.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

To Isles
Vasili Podkolzen

To Canucks
Noah Dobson

I'd rather hold on to Pod, what he brings is too hard to find and its exactly what this team needs.

Neither team would do this.

Reactions: flying v 604

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I think the value is fair and I understand the logic behind the proposal. I don't think either team would accept the trade though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This would be a smart trade for Vancouver, they have a big need for a solid RHD longterm.

I think the overall value isn't too far offer, but positional value favours the Isles. Guys with #1D potential aren't traded very often.

A 6'4 RHD with #1D potential trumps everything else aside from a potential #1C in value IMO.

This proposal makes very little sense for the Isles. The Isles need an impact winger now, not a top prospect in the hopes he is one down the line. Bellows, Wahlstrom, and Holmstrom are already options that have AHL and limited NHL experience in the pipeline.

Dobson isn't going anywhere.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I think the value is fair and I understand the logic behind the proposal. I don't think either team would accept the trade though.
I think we will try to sign Toffoli but even if not how would trading for an excellent young dman be bad for the Canucks? Defense is our biggest weakness.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
The trade isn't terrible but in that blog the guy added a 4th or 5th round pick with Pod I believe. It would probably take like a 3rd rounder as well.
Thats right it was a 5th but I wanted to leave it open to add whatever people thought was appropriate. Base being Dobson for Podkolzen. The response is as I had expected. Canucks would add but Isles probably aren't interested.

Funny cause on the Canucks forums people were lambasting the writer for proposing it thinking Pod had was more value than Dobson.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I think we will try to sign Toffoli but even if not how would trading for an excellent young dman be bad for the Canucks? Defense is our biggest weakness.
I never said trading for a young defenseman would be bad for Canucks... I'm just unsure if Canucks' management team would view Dobson as someone they're willing to trade Podkolzin for. I assume If they were to trade Podkolzin for a defenseman it would have to be a "can't pass up" (hope that makes sense) type of defenseman and I doubt the management team would view Dobson as that to be worth giving up Podkolzin.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
6e6.jpg

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Very fair deal. Love what Podkolzin brings, I feel like he's the perfect #2/3 RW for the playoffs for us but Dobson would be perfect next to Hughes

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Isles I think respectfully decline. Solid deal and makes you pause, however, the need for a young cost controlled possible 1D minute muncher would be tough to give up. How does a Bode Wilde and an add sound???? Probably not enough.

Reactions: Quicklime

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014

To Isles
Vasili Podkolzen

To Canucks
Noah Dobson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad