Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Dale Weise for Raphael Diaz part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

First, this is mostly BS. Secondly in the case where it's true (Eller) it's because our coach if a freaking moron.

wow...compelling argument here. I guess there's nothing left for me to say.

He's a solid two way guy with passing skills.

Agreed...doesn't change what I wrote (although i'm not sure I agree he's that great of a passer).

Declining or not, the transition game is gone. Even Subban looks lost lately.
Not sure I understand the point...Markov's in a steep decline and he's #2 on our depth chart. That shows how rotten the core of this team is. There's too much deadwood and again, i'm saying that with all due respect to Markov who i'm a big fan of, but he's got no business being the #2 dman on a team with any aspirations for success - and by success, I mean championship success.

BS on this. Both Gallagher and Galchenyuk are great players and were producing very well with Eller. Gallagher in particular creates a lot more offense than his points would suggest.

Galchenyuk & Gallagher are GREAT players? Hmmmm...not sure I want to get into a semantics debate with you, I think Galchenyuk & Gallagher are two excellent young up and coming players, but they're not exactly 'great' at this point in their career. Another example of Habs fans overrating their team. In a couple of years, I expect them to be considered great players (more so Galchenyuk than Gallagher who I think is going to be an excellent complimentary player), but not now.

He can be a solid number 2 center with the right linemates. He's not good enough to put up numbers with Prust, Parros, Bourque, White or whatever other grinder MT wants to put with him.

That's great, Eller CAN be a solid number 2 center with the right linemates...but i'm not talking about fantasy world here, reality is he's a #3 center on this team with his current linemates. Evaluate this team as it is, not as you hope it will be in a not-too-distant future

The coaching staff has done an atrocious job with this roster. At the start of the year we had a couple of hot lines with Max out. Then we decided (for no reason) to be a grinding team and switched everything aroudn to get DD (who shouldn't be on the roster) going. We shelter lesser players like Murray, Bouillion and DD and then wonder why were at the bottom of Goals For and slip in the standings.

The coaching staff has done an atrocious job...yet last year they won the division, the year after finishing last and this year they're sitting in a playoff spot. The coaching staff has it's fault, but saying they've done an atrocious job just makes no sense at all.

If Murray is a defensive blueliner for example, why do we keep giving him offensive zone starts? Makes zero sense. Why did we keep putting Bouillion on the PP? Why the **** do we have DD with Max?

I don't think Murray is a defensive blueliner...his role isn't to shut down opposing players. His role to to provide a physical element to our very meek blueline, clear the crease, defend his teamates and goalies and put an element of doubt into opposing forwards - now does he do all of this effectively, absolutely not, but why don't we evaluate him for what he's supposed to be doing, not providing dumb *** heat map charts which show what anyone who watches hockey regularly already knows - that Douglas Murray is not a very good hockey player. This however, doesn't mean he can't be useful in certain and specific situations

Lines should be something like:

Max Plek Gionta
EGG
Bournival Briere Prust
Grinder line

Instead everything is inside out...

Let me know when you're done playing "shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic" and let me know how all of that works out.

People thinking line compositions, is the reason why we can't score more than 1 or 2 goals per game are simply clueless to what's going on.

He's the epitome of what's wrong with this team. There's nothing wrong with this roster that couldn't be fixed with a new coach. Ridiculous to bench (and then trade) Diaz when we've got Murray out there....

YES we have big holes on this team. But our coaching staff is making things worse not better

a guy who barely plays is the epitome of what's wrong with this team...

Man...I don't know what to say anymore. lol this has got to be a joke

Talk about 'missing the forrest for the trees'

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How you fail to even understand this after so many pages of discussion makes me believe you just are too stubborn to see what's been constantly repeated.

People are using this Murray vs Diaz example to show you how management doesn't appear to know what they're doing. This is one of many example. People have brought up lines, roles, usage, on top of managerial decisions (like signing Murray, Briere and Parros) but you categorically dismiss all of that because you're too narrow minded.

I don't understand the way you are discussing things in this thread, you're usually a pretty good poster. But you sound like a brand new HF poster on this that is defending anything.

For crying out loud, you refuse to even admit that Diaz in is better than Murray out!!

That's 100% incorrect, just search this thread and i've said countless times that Diaz is a better player than Murray and i've also continously said that Murray is an awful hockey player

So you can call me a 'brand new HF poster' all you want...but don't attribute comments to me which I haven't made.

I've said this about 100x...this isn't about Diaz vs. Murray

Its about Diaz vs Subban, Markov and now Beaulieu. I don't see Diaz as a better player as the first 2, and while he's better than Beaulieu right now, I think it's important we make room for Beaulieu in the lineup.

Personally, as soon as Drewiskie is ready to go, I hope he makes Murray the extra dman at best

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So, what were the other guys doing with Diaz that they're not doing with Murray that causes so many fewer crease shots, and why aren't they doing it with Murray?

Diaz spent most of his games playing with Gorges and with Plekanec's line...

Murray's spent most of his time playing with Bouillon or with whoever is on the 3rd and 4th line.

Murray has his fault, and many of them...but blaming him for everything is incredibly short sighted and none of you can plausibly argue this.

he's an anchor puck possession wise...I get it, he's a liability defensively, I get it.

it doesn't mean that he's SOLELY responsible for EVERY single goal scored while he's on the ice.
Unless you or your other advanced stats cronies can provide me with an account of everything that happened on the ice everytime Douglas Murray was on the ice and a goal was scored against and prove how HE SOLELY impacted and was responsible for those goals against

I won't hold my breath

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Andrew Berkshire ‏@AndrewBerkshire 9m

BfuQhPxCUAEGMPo.jpg

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/habs-bought-into-a-myth-when-they-dealt-diaz/

There is a lot of disingenuous information being spoon fed to fans regarding Murray.

Andrew Berkshire is one of them. And it does no good.

For perspective sakes. Murray is a bottom pairing DMan who gets bottom pairing minutes along with Penalty Killing minutes. There is no AHA!!!! moment that he is getting "sheltered minutes". He is bottom pairing. That is expected. Subban is our #1 DMan and he gets the tougher assignments.......as every #1 DMan does.

Berkshire loves him some fancy stats. Maybe he should look at those stats.

On-Ice Goals Against per 60 Minutes

(taken from Behind the Net, updated as of yesterday's games)

PK Subban -- 2.62 goals while on ice per 60 minutes.
Douglas Murray -- 2.58 goals while on ice per 60 minutes.

PK gets paid to play top minutes against top lines. Murray gets paid to play bottom minutes while being "sheltered".

Both are EQUALLY EFFECTIVE (or non-effective based on perspective) doing their job based upon job description.

A goal scored by a top line player counts as much as a goal scored by a bottom line player. Both players have a job to do. Both are producing at the same rate.

The Murray bashing is senseless. Therrien's passive approach to team defense is what needs to be bashed.......not Murray, not any DMan.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Lets fact check one of these, its the other 4 guys on the ice claims, that Murray plays disproporitonately with the bottom lines so thats a big reason why there is no scoring when he plays.

The Habs have typically used Desharnais and Plekanec as the centers of their top two lines this season.

Percentage of minutes played with Desharnais and Plekanec for Murray is 48%, 27% with Desharnais (the most offensively orientated) and 21% with Plekanec.

For Diaz its 53% with the two of them, 25% with Desharnais, 29% with Plekanec. Basically a ~11% bias toward those two and its entirely towards the more defensive Plekanec rather than the offensive Desharnais. This wasn't a major factor.

Its simply not a big enough factor to have that kind of effect. This is typical for forward/defenseman combinations, it not common to see a big spread in a defenseman's forward linemates.

That's why its not often kosher to explain a big difference in defenseman performance within a team to the forwards. Its really rare for there to be a big linemate factor other than their defensive partners.

wow lol:shakehead I NEVER said that...

I said it's ridiculous to think that Douglas Murray is SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY SINGLE GOAL SCORED WHILE HE'S ON THE ICE.

the rest of the analysis you've provided is really cute...but you wasted your time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let me know when you're done playing "shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic" and let me know how all of that works out.
I'm going to boil your post down to this because it cuts to the heart of your arguments.

Those are good players. They were productive last year and they were productive at the beginning of this season. They ceased being productive when our coach made a bunch of changes. I don't see how you can now argue that the coach is getting the most out of this lineup when it's very clear that he isn't.

As for your ridiculous "fantasy world" argument about Eller. He IS capable of being a solid 2nd line center. He's proven it. His coach is an idiot. And Eller (and the team) have suffered because of it.

Can you explain why this team was productive last year and at the start of this year and then dropped off after MT's changes? Is that fluke? Or does our coach just not know what he's doing? Explain THAT and I'll be impressed.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
wow lol:shakehead I NEVER said that...

I said it's ridiculous to think that Douglas Murray is SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY SINGLE GOAL SCORED WHILE HE'S ON THE ICE.

the rest of the analysis you've provided is really cute...but you wasted your time.

It's not against you, it's a common claim in this thread. SH made it above on this page.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm going to boil your post down to this because it cuts to the heart of your arguments.

Those are good players. They were productive last year and they were productive at the beginning of this season. They ceased being productive when our coach made a bunch of changes. I don't see how you can now argue that the coach is getting the most out of this lineup when it's very clear that he isn't.

As for your ridiculous "fantasy world" argument about Eller. He IS capable of being a solid 2nd line center. He's proven it. His coach is an idiot. And Eller (and the team) have suffered because of it.

Can you explain why this team was productive last year and at the start of this year and then dropped off after MT's changes? Is that fluke? Or does our coach just not know what he's doing? Explain THAT and I'll be impressed.

Lars Eller's career high is 28pts...how has he proven he's a 2nd line center?

And this is coming from a guy who's a big Eller fan, matter of fact, if it was up to me, he'd be playing a lot more. But I haven't seen Eller prove that he can be a
2nd line center

Has he gotten the opportunity, I'd think not...but to say he's proven it is quite a stretch.

As for explaining why this team was productive last year at the start of this year and then dropped off after MT's changes...

hmmm...what changes exactly are you referring too? I don't see what's changed in the way the Habs play as opposed to last year, in fact, they look EXACTLY as they did last year...hot start, then around the 35-40 game mark, everything starts to fall apart. I can't fathom why a coaching staff would go against a successful recipe for one that doesn't work. That just makes absolutely no sense. Nothing has chaged in terms of systems and the way they play, all that's changed is teams have adjusted and the Habs aren't getting the same results.

You really think that MT woke up one day and said...OK fellas, I know we've proven to be one of the best teams in the league playing this way, but now, we're going to switch it up...and despite not seeing any positive results, he's stuck to this???

You REALLY want me to believe this?

Truth is most of you talk about systems but don't really know jack **** about how they're applied during a hockey game, much less recognize them. I'm not a Therrien fan by any stretch of the imagination, but calling him an idiot and placing all the teams' problems on Therrien and Douglas Murray is such a low-hanging fruit argument

Please

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
And why didn't Torona make an effort to keep him ? Surely if he was that hot a commodity they would have signed him

One of the worst posts in this thread. Is this really your argument? Where has Torona beeen for the past 10 years? Their stupid decisions shouldn't surprise you.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Eller had 30 points in 46 games last year, a 53 point pace, with very little PP time and ES time as the third offensive centre.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Eller had 30 points in 46 games last year, a 53 point pace, with very little PP time and ES time as the third offensive centre.

Sorry...I was 2 pts off

Doesn't change what I wrote...does that prove that he's a 2nd line centre then?

David Desharnais had 62pts 3 years ago, does that make him a proven 1st line center?

Don't get me wrong, I certainly think Eller has the ability to become one eventually...but ideally, and much like Plekanec, he's better suited to being the #3 center who matches up vs. other lines. I'm not sure the hockey sense is high enough for him to be a top 2 C

but #2 or #3 C...does it really matter?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
It's not against you, it's a common claim in this thread. SH made it above on this page.

What part of this do you not understand?

PK Subban -- 2.62 goals against while on ice per 60 minutes.
Douglas Murray -- 2.58 goals against while on ice per 60 minutes.

That is raw statistics. Black and white. It is what it is statistics.

Does this make Subban a worse DMan in your opinion since the prevailing opinion by some is that Murray bleeds goals while on ice when in reality, there is no difference between Subban and Murray with regard to how often goals are scored while they are on the ice.

And before you throw out "sheltered", Murray gets paid to be a bottom pairing and plays bottom minutes. PK gets paid (and get a huge raise offseason) to play the top pairing.

Goals scored against are goals scored against. Regardless of who scored the goal or who was on the ice playing defense.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

And this is coming from a guy who's a big Eller fan, matter of fact, if it was up to me, he'd be playing a lot more. But I haven't seen Eller prove that he can be a
2nd line center
Has he gotten the opportunity, I'd think not...but to say he's proven it is quite a stretch.
He's 24 years old and "broke out" in a shortened season. 28 points isn't bad considering he spent the first half of last year in the doghouse man. He showed that he could be productive and produced just fine in that role.

He's not good enough to play with grinders and put up points though. We need all the offense we can get and we've done a horrific job with ice distribution.

As for explaining why this team was productive last year at the start of this year and then dropped off after MT's changes...

hmmm...what changes exactly are you referring too? I don't see what's changed in the way the Habs play as opposed to last year and I can't fathom why a coaching staff would go against a successful recipe for one that doesn't work. That just makes absolutely no sense.

You really think that MT woke up one day and said...OK fellas, I know we've proven to be one of the best teams in the league playing this way, but now, we're going to switch it up...and despite not seeing any positive results, he's stuck to this???

You REALLY want me to believe this?
MT scrambled the lines and adopted dump and chase. I don't have to convince you of anything - THAT's what happened. Eller went to the bottom of the pile, DD got tons of PP and offensive minutes and our offense started to dry up. Even to the point where our PP (which was by far the best in the league) has now fallen to 15th.

Your denial that it ever happened is a great strategy to take by the way... because there's NO explaining why the hell MT did it. Nice dodge though.
Truth is most of you talk about systems but don't really know jack **** about how they're applied during a hockey game, much less recognize them

Please
How much understanding does it take to know that Bouillion is **** on the PP? How much understanding does it take to know that Murray shouldn't be on the ice?

This is not a team that should be 29th in goals for. There's no way that's the potential of this club. The PP sinks to 15th? Why do we keep putting DD out there?

These are easy fixes man. I'm not sitting here saying we can be St. Louis but there's no way that we should be playing the way we are. Pittsburgh wised up and fired him with a winning record btw. They could see the writing on the wall. MT is an awful coach, not sure how you can't see this.

You think we're getting the most out of this team? So if we weren't our scoring would be 30th in 5 on 5? Geez, good thing we've got MT here to maximize that scoring ability.
And don't forget that he was in MT's doghouse for the first part of the year.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You mean a guy that can't skate, can't pass, can't clear the zone, almost always puts himself out of position when he makes a hit, is a complete and total disaster 5-on-5, but gets to **** Tiger Woods ex-wife.

Yet his goals against per 60 minutes are the same as PK Subban's.

What does that tell you?

1. Murray's bad on Defense?

2. PK Subban's bad on Defense?

3. Or is it the passive team defensive system that they are playing?

Pick one.........

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Sorry...I was 2 pts off

Doesn't change what I wrote...does that prove that he's a 2nd line centre then?

David Desharnais had 62pts 3 years ago, does that make him a proven 1st line center?

Don't get me wrong, I certainly think Eller has the ability to become one eventually...but ideally, and much like Plekanec, he's better suited to being the #3 center who matches up vs. other lines. I'm not sure the hockey sense is high enough for him to be a top 2 C

but #2 or #3 C...does it really matter?

Context really matters. You don't seem to understand that points depend on ice time, power play time, zone starts, and line mates. Let us compare best seasons to best seasons:

Desharnais got 60 points in a situation where one would expect 70 at a minimum. He was getting 1.97 points per 60 minutes of 5on5 time.

Eller got 30 points in a situation where one would expect 20. He was getting 2.7 points per 60 minutes of 5 on 5 time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Of all the issues on this team...people in this thread have chosen to 'wax poetically' about 2 bottom pairing dmen (Diaz and Murray.

Man, if the Habs only problem was Douglas Murray...they'd be a lock for the Stanley Cup this year

But blasting Murray is the low-hanging fruit, it's the easy thing to do. Let's ignore the rest of the teams flawed structure, let's focus on a guy who plays 14 mins a game and blame all the goals against while he's on the ice, exclusively on him, because of course, no one else could possibly be responsible for a defensive breakdown while he's on the ice

Smh

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
wow...compelling argument here. I guess there's nothing left for me to say.

Agreed...doesn't change what I wrote (although i'm not sure I agree he's that great of a passer).

Not sure I understand the point...Markov's in a steep decline and he's #2 on our depth chart. That shows how rotten the core of this team is. There's too much deadwood and again, i'm saying that with all due respect to Markov who i'm a big fan of, but he's got no business being the #2 dman on a team with any aspirations for success - and by success, I mean championship success.

Galchenyuk & Gallagher are GREAT players? Hmmmm...not sure I want to get into a semantics debate with you, I think Galchenyuk & Gallagher are two excellent young up and coming players, but they're not exactly 'great' at this point in their career. Another example of Habs fans overrating their team. In a couple of years, I expect them to be considered great players (more so Galchenyuk than Gallagher who I think is going to be an excellent complimentary player), but not now.

That's great, Eller CAN be a solid number 2 center with the right linemates...but i'm not talking about fantasy world here, reality is he's a #3 center on this team with his current linemates. Evaluate this team as it is, not as you hope it will be in a not-too-distant future

The coaching staff has done an atrocious job...yet last year they won the division, the year after finishing last and this year they're sitting in a playoff spot. The coaching staff has it's fault, but saying they've done an atrocious job just makes no sense at all.

I don't think Murray is a defensive blueliner...his role isn't to shut down opposing players. His role to to provide a physical element to our very meek blueline, clear the crease, defend his teamates and goalies and put an element of doubt into opposing forwards - now does he do all of this effectively, absolutely not, but why don't we evaluate him for what he's supposed to be doing, not providing dumb *** heat map charts which show what anyone who watches hockey regularly already knows - that Douglas Murray is not a very good hockey player. This however, doesn't mean he can't be useful in certain and specific situations

People thinking line compositions, is the reason why we can't score more than 1 or 2 goals per game are simply clueless to what's going on.

a guy who barely plays is the epitome of what's wrong with this team...

Man...I don't know what to say anymore. lol this has got to be a joke

Talk about 'missing the forrest for the trees'

LOL. Tough on the system isn't it?

Everybody over and over again says Bergevin has made horrible deals and that the coaching is atrocious...but there's no factual basis for these things whatsoever...just an emotional outcry that is supposed to be agreed upon by everyone else....

Bergevin and Therrien took over a team that was last in their conference. Without signing any outrageous free agents or trading away draft picks..the team in the past 95 games has more points than every eastern team except Boston and Pittsburgh..while at the same time adding a couple of top 90 picks.

I'm not a Therrien backer..I'd rather it was someone else coaching the team..but it isn't, and he's here until season's end at least..so I'll try to support him, and hope he succeeds, because that will mean the Habs succeeded. Bottom line is he has this team right ion the thick of the race for the second straight season..a team that is not brimming with talent and size.

I really find it difficult to understand why so many don't take that approach. I'm involved in the hockey industry..have a lot of connections and do a lot of scouting...but when a trade happens I like to wait to see what happens before judging the trade....it's just the fair, intelligent and reasonable way to do it. Yet there are many on here that will condemn a deal instantly..and quite often when the player or assets being obtained have not been scouted by that person at all.
Heck..people will rely on posts from other team's fans to criticize a trade before they ever saw the player.

Weise was called a minor leaguer, fourth line plug a dozen times before he ever played a minute for the Habs. Did he look useless last night? Not even the least optimistic Hab fan on here criticized Weise's game last night..he was damn useful.

Same with draft picks. I don't go over the top about players being picked where I don't think they should..I realized a long time ago through experience that you're never always right with prospects..I can remember back in my 20's laughing at a team picking a certain player only to see that player become a very key piece for that team...I didn't forget those reactions..and frankly was later ashamed after getting involved in scouting for being too quick to judge. i learned from my overzealousness, and it was a humbling experience that reminded me that I wasn't not the be all to end all in the scouting world, and am still not. I'm not going to get them all right, no one does.

Nothing bothers me more on here than an anonymous person ripping the team for a draft pick right after the draft. NHL scouts don't rip other teams for their picks..they know better as you never know what will happen...but all of the armchair scouts on here rip Timmins et al a new one if he didn't pick the guy they wanted. Like they for sure know better than the scouts. I find it to be extremely insulting.

I know first hand how hard scouts work...and it is quite disturbing when some anonymous Hab fan gets on here and rips Timmins a new one for not taking a Q player or what have you...right after the draft. I remember how many fans ripped Timmins for taking Patch instead or Perron...hell there were all kinds who ripped him for not moving up to take Esposito. Invariably..they never even saw the prospect who was drafted play. That for me is complete lunacy. I just don't understand it. It comes across as hard headed, tremendously arrogant..and completely unjustified.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's 24 years old and "broke out" in a shortened season. 28 points isn't bad considering he spent the first half of last year in the doghouse man. He showed that he could be productive and produced just fine in that role.

He's not good enough to play with grinders and put up points though. We need all the offense we can get and we've done a horrific job with ice distribution.

MT scrambled the lines and adopted dump and chase. I don't have to convince you of anything - THAT's what happened. Eller went to the bottom of the pile, DD got tons of PP and offensive minutes and our offense started to dry up. Even to the point where our PP (which was by far the best in the league) has now fallen to 15th.

Your denial that it ever happened is a great strategy to take by the way... because there's NO explaining why the hell MT did it. Nice dodge though.

How much understanding does it take to know that Bouillion is **** on the PP? How much understanding does it take to know that Murray shouldn't be on the ice?

This is not a team that should be 29th in goals for. There's no way that's the potential of this club. The PP sinks to 15th? Why do we keep putting DD out there?

These are easy fixes man. I'm not sitting here saying we can be St. Louis but there's no way that we should be playing the way we are. Pittsburgh wised up and fired him with a winning record btw. They could see the writing on the wall. MT is an awful coach, not sure how you can't see this.

You think we're getting the most out of this team? So if we weren't our scoring would be 30th in 5 on 5? Geez, good thing we've got MT here to maximize that scoring ability.

And don't forget that he was in MT's doghouse for the first part of the year.
LG...I promise you, MT's usage of some of his player's absolutely baffles me

How he's managed to keep giving DD chances to center his best forward (Pacioretty) while completely ignoring their most skilled center (Galchenyuk) or at the very least, even another skilled center with size (Eller) just drives me crazy...

How Bouillon was used on the PP and even PK blows my mind...

Again, I'm not a Therrien fan...

But don't tell me he's changed his system as opposed to last year. That's a load of BS. I don't agree with a lot of what MT does, but I'm not going to sit here and try to be convinced that he's intentionally trying to sabotage his team

That just makes no sense whatsoever

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Context really matters. You don't seem to understand that points depend on ice time, power play time, zone starts, and line mates. Let us compare best seasons to best seasons:

Desharnais got 60 points in a situation where one would expect 70 at a minimum. He was getting 1.97 points per 60 minutes of 5on5 time.

Eller got 30 points in a situation where one would expect 20. He was getting 2.7 points per 60 minutes of 5 on 5 time.

You'll get no argument from me as it relates to the coaching staff's use of certain players

So we're on the same wave length on this...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So how about that Dale Weise kid, eh fellas?

No one cares...too busy worrying about a player the Habs no longer used (Diaz) and a player the Habs barely use (Murray)

These 2 reasons are, according to many, principal as to why the Habs have been playing like crap for 2 months

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
No one cares...too busy worrying about a player the Habs no longer used (Diaz) and a player the Habs barely use (Murray)

These 2 reasons are, according to many, principal as to why the Habs have been playing like crap for 2 months

Douglas Murray gets sheltered minutes so he should really be +3, +4 given his easy minutes, yet he is -12 ... is that not a problem?

Spread a goal differential of +15,+16 over the first 50 games, and we're doing a little better in the standings.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
So how about that Dale Weise kid, eh fellas?

Obviously he is hated by the same set of posters who do not see the value in having a player bigger than the NHL average. So much so that Raphael Diaz has been elevated to superstar status.....all the while not scoring a single goal as a Hab.

In other words, same as it ever was.;)

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Douglas Murray gets sheltered minutes so he should really be +3, +4 given his easy minutes, yet he is -12 ... is that not a problem?

Spread a goal differential of +15,+16 over the first 50 games, and we're doing a little better in the standings.

That's getting ridiculous

So that -12 is exclusively his fault? Don't you remember all those times he played with Parros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot