Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Canucks trade F Dale Weise for D Raphael Diaz

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Love this deal. Not a fan of weise. I wonder if one of our d is gone for the year... Bieksa ? Or this seems like it could be a setup trade

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Trading Weise who was a solid 4th liner, but was made expendable with Lain, Archibald both showing they can play that role for a right shot puck moving dman is a good trade.

Diaz is a UFA at the end of this season so the Canucks aren't comitted to him either.

I like this deal a lot.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
"Damn it, I just bought a Weise jersey!" - no one

This trade makes me think one of the right handed d-men will be out a long time.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Diaz is very smooth and very good at the poke check. His biggest weakness is that he gets physically owned by pretty much anyone in the league.

arsmaster*

Good trade. Helps both teams.

I don't understand the Weise hate, but he sure returned a decent player (albeit on an expiring contract).

Diaz has 25 points in his last 69 games. Here's hoping he's an upgrade on Weber. I think he will be, and he's right handed too. PRNuck will be jazzed.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m

New #Habs F Weise apparently butted heads more than once with #Canucks Torts; Vancouver wanted lots of grit that wasn't always delivered

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Weise was definitely expendable and worth trading for Diaz. Surprised we were able to get anything for him honestly, figured he'd be waived. Sure he was a decent 4th liner, but easily exposed and 4th liners are easy to replace. Diaz can move the puck and skate, he's just really undersized. Be interesting to see how the Canucks use him.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Good trade. Helps both teams.

I don't understand the Weise hate, but he sure returned a decent player (albeit on an expiring contract).

Diaz has 25 points in his last 69 games. Here's hoping he's an upgrade on Weber. I think he will be, and he's right handed too. PRNuck will be jazzed.

:laugh: Now we just need to look at prying Goc out of Florida for 3C!

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m

New #Habs F Weise apparently butted heads more than once with #Canucks Torts; Vancouver wanted lots of grit that wasn't always delivered

"But Coach, didn't you see me play in the Dutch league? I pwned it over there, and you want me to hit people here. Give me top 6 minutes..."

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I agree, and I think he'll be a good 4th liner for many years, but Torts doesn't seem to like the guy and we just signed him to a 5 year contract.

I like Weise but his problem is that he thinks he's more than a 4th liner and won't consistently deliver what you expect out of 4th liners. Funny thing is, if he would just do what was asked of him then he likely has a better chance to earn a spot up the line-up.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I agree, and I think he'll be a good 4th liner for many years, but Torts doesn't seem to like the guy and we just signed him to a 5 year contract.

Agreed. I like this move since it was obvious Torts wasn't a fan and we got good value for him. I'm just surprised that people were talking like we got rid of a bad player. Weise is young, fast, and very productive given his ice time and role.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Agreed. I like this move since it was obvious Torts wasn't a fan and we got good value for him. I'm just surprised that people were talking like we got rid of a bad player. Weise is young, fast, and very productive given his ice time and role.
Wasn't Weise angry when we hired torts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad