Value of: (VAN) Godlobin on the Block

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Two thirds or a 2nd is where i see his value at right now. If the 2nd, I'd also take on a bad, short term contract.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Lol, seriously can't understand the logic in trading Goldobin. He's putting up top 6 numbers with minimal ice time. I would much rather try and trade the likes of Granlund, Schaller, and yes of course, Eriksson which is unlikely to happen.

What are we gaining back for him is the question. It's obviously not going to be a 1 for 1 trade with a foward, the same problem would arise. IMO he's worth more to the team than the value he would get in a trade.

Goldobin is worth at least a 1st round pick, or someone around his age and ppg.
Unfortunately Granlund, Schaller and Eriksson don't get usable assets back. IMHO Goldy is better on paper than he plays on the ice. I find his game frustrating to watch as he seems to not be able to get himself to the required areas of the ice to be an effective defensive player. I don't know if his issues are with his hockey IQ or his work ethic, but neither is a resounding endorsement for a long professional career.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
You obviously have no idea about that time. Either because you are too young or new to hockey. His disease wasn't known about for years after the trade. He was still playing terrible despite the offensive hype and the fact remains the Canucks unloaded him because they thought he was bad. Go watch the old Gillis press conference on the trade where he called out Cody for being a defensive liability, and how they purposely gave him ozone starts with the Sedins as much as possible and then still that's the best offer they could get.
I’ve watched the Canucks since 2000 so yes thank you I remember that..just because it wasn’t known doesn’t mean it didn’t effect him. Anyway let’s get back on topic.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I just don't understand why we would move this guy. 23 years old, playing at a 46 point pace in what is going to be his first full NHL season, former 1st round pick, has chemistry with Pettersson, etc. To me this seems like a player we should be keeping and developing into a top 6 option, there has to be someone else we can toss to the curb.

I would consider moving Goldobin if we got a defenseman back who is playing well but is in a similar congested situation.

As an outsider who has watched a ton of Van games this year because of Pettersson, this is my first question as well....

How does Sutter make Goldobin expendable anyways? Like how does a 30pt, in a good year, 3rd line at best center, make a potential 40+ pt, middle six winger expendable. That is very confusing to me. Its especially confusing when Goldobin is finally putting together a respectable season, and has some chemistry with the face of your franchise.

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
I really hope Vancouver doesn't trade him. Need to look big picture. Really good buddies with Tryamkin.. keep goldobin who is YOUR 4th LEADING SCORER on a team that LACKS SECONDARY SCORING... and potentially use him to woo Tryamkin back for another shot 2 years from now. Tanev/Hughes Edler/Gudbranson (Stetcher,Hutton) Woo/Tryamkin is nothing to sneeze at.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I feel like Washington will be mentioned. Nikolai Goldobin for Andre Burakovsky?
Maybe Carolina can accommodate him? I don't think the ask would be that big. Maybe we can even add something for a prospect like Roland McKeown?
I also get the feeling the Blackhawks might be interested?

It's a shame this Goldobin experiment hasn't been working out in Vancouver. A team that can be patient for a year or two might be able to reap some decent rewards.

Goldobin is in his 3rd year for the Canucks.

I don't think he will be in any teams top 6 in the NHL within 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad