Value of: (VAN) Godlobin on the Block

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I feel like Washington will be mentioned. Nikolai Goldobin for Andre Burakovsky?
Maybe Carolina can accommodate him? I don't think the ask would be that big. Maybe we can even add something for a prospect like Roland McKeown?
I also get the feeling the Blackhawks might be interested?

It's a shame this Goldobin experiment hasn't been working out in Vancouver. A team that can be patient for a year or two might be able to reap some decent rewards.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I just don't understand why we would move this guy. 23 years old, playing at a 46 point pace in what is going to be his first full NHL season, former 1st round pick, has chemistry with Pettersson, etc. To me this seems like a player we should be keeping and developing into a top 6 option, there has to be someone else we can toss to the curb.

I would consider moving Goldobin if we got a defenseman back who is playing well but is in a similar congested situation.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Yeah, I don't understand this one. Seems like a player trending upwards and a (potential) great peripheral piece to grow with the young core Vancouver has. At worst he can add scoring depth to a 3rd or 4th line and unless is a straight change of scenery hockey trade for another young player (someone mentioned burakovsky) I'd be of the inclination to hold on to someone like that. If it's picks Vancouver is looking for, might be able to snake a 2nd from a desperate top-heavy team ala Boston, but more like a 3rd+5th.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
He floats and doesn't have much defensive acumen, so Green doesn't seem to like him. Frankly I'd rather waive Schaller or scratch Eriksson, but what do I know?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I feel like Washington will be mentioned. Nikolai Goldobin for Andre Burakovsky?
Maybe Carolina can accommodate him? I don't think the ask would be that big. Maybe we can even add something for a prospect like Roland McKeown?
I also get the feeling the Blackhawks might be interested?

It's a shame this Goldobin experiment hasn't been working out in Vancouver. A team that can be patient for a year or two might be able to reap some decent rewards.
I really like this one from WSH perspective. Friedman mentioned that Canucks have some interest in Burakovsky so this does make sense even more.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Goldy’s tough. On paper he looks cause good he’s put up decent points but man is he tough to watch anywhere but the offensive zone. I don’t wanna deal him yet but he has gotten to gain some hockey sense

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Don't want to see him moved unless a 2nd round pick is coming back. I think he's got better potential than Baertschi and that's who I'd prefer to move.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I just don't understand why we would move this guy. 23 years old, playing at a 46 point pace in what is going to be his first full NHL season, former 1st round pick, has chemistry with Pettersson, etc. To me this seems like a player we should be keeping and developing into a top 6 option, there has to be someone else we can toss to the curb.

I would consider moving Goldobin if we got a defenseman back who is playing well but is in a similar congested situation.

Cody Hodgson 2.0

Go read the old threads on here about Cody, how he couldn't play a complete game and was being carried by linemates. It's pretty similar. You could take an old post pre-Kassian trade and not blink twice if you put it in one of these Goldy threads.

There's a reason San Jose gave up on him.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Cody Hodgson 2.0

Go read the old threads on here about Cody, how he couldn't play a complete game and was being carried by linemates. It's pretty similar. You could take an old post pre-Kassian trade and not blink twice if you put it in one of these Goldy threads.

There's a reason San Jose gave up on him.
Lmao Cody Hodgson had a nagging career ending back disease. Not the same at all

Reactions: GoodbyeLuongo

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Im guessing if they are moving him to make room for Sutter a pick is what there after? Maybe just maybe Benning realized draft is in Vancouver coming year and would be wise to get a few extra picks?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Goldobin Manuykan and 2019 3rd for Faulk and 2019 6th

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Meh. Most of his points are assists from Pettersson. He’s only on a 10 goal pace and he’s not good defensively. I can’t see him netting much of a return

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Dont need roster players tbh ( I doubt we will get a player thats better back). Just give us a 3rd +5th round pick.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Lol, seriously can't understand the logic in trading Goldobin. He's putting up top 6 numbers with minimal ice time. I would much rather try and trade the likes of Granlund, Schaller, and yes of course, Eriksson which is unlikely to happen.

What are we gaining back for him is the question. It's obviously not going to be a 1 for 1 trade with a foward, the same problem would arise. IMO he's worth more to the team than the value he would get in a trade.

Goldobin is worth at least a 1st round pick, or someone around his age and ppg.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Lmao Cody Hodgson had a nagging career ending back disease. Not the same at all

You obviously have no idea about that time. Either because you are too young or new to hockey. His disease wasn't known about for years after the trade. He was still playing terrible despite the offensive hype and the fact remains the Canucks unloaded him because they thought he was bad. Go watch the old Gillis press conference on the trade where he called out Cody for being a defensive liability, and how they purposely gave him ozone starts with the Sedins as much as possible and then still that's the best offer they could get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad