Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DET] Alex Biega for David Pope

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
For a team that is trying to contend for the playoffs, I believe Biega prob would have been a good guy to keep in the system for depth.

No dude, let’s acquire the prospect equivalent of Stewart Mackenzie for him instead

Reactions: The Drop

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
For a team that is trying to contend for the playoffs, I believe Biega prob would have been a good guy to keep in the system for depth.
Yes, Benning is probably betting on Raffety or Brisebois to replace Biega on the depth chart ( I know they are left handed but it’s very easy to read his tension behind the move)

Reactions: mossey3535

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Have to think this trade is mainly financial and also helps deal with the vet quota in Utica.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Probably good for Biega and good for the tank, but man I just can't fathom any sane person watching the Canucks' injuries in recent years thinking its a good idea to just give good depth away for nothing.

Thegame

Jul 28, 2013
Can only have so many vets and NHL players playing the in the AHL.... Baer and Goldy are also down there and we need to waive another player when Roussell comes back. We also have Fantenburg, Brisebois, Rafferty, Juolevi, etc as call ups. People freaking out over nothing.

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
WE need him to play in the NHL. We are one injury away from actually needing him. I KNEW someone would try to spin this turd. Wow.

You guys are actually not one injury away from needing him. It's like how the Leafs traded Leivo to you guys for Carcone. Gotta give people a chance to play.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Feel good for Biega to get a chance to play in the NHL. Benning will get trashed for this but he's pretty good to the guys he signed once he's done with them for the most part.

Rafferty has clearly caught their eyes and Brisebois appears like he can play but you can pretty much guarentee were gonna have a rash of injuries now this move happened

Best of luck to the bulldog

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Feel good for Biega to get a chance to play in the NHL. Benning will get trashed for this but he's pretty good to the guys he signed once he's done with them for the most part.

Rafferty has clearly caught their eyes and Brisebois appears like he can play but you can pretty much guarentee were gonna have a rash of injuries now this move happened

It’s a load of shit. This move is proof Benning actually has no idea to evaluate talent. I’m sick of it.

What I saw from Rafferty and Brisebois are guys who are gonna be lucky to be as good as Biega.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I wish Biega well was always a good role player never complained and did what was expected. Hopefully he get's a better chance in Detroit.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It’s a load of ****. This move is proof Benning actually has no idea to evaluate talent. I’m sick of it.

What I saw from Rafferty and Brisebois are guys who are gonna be lucky to be as good as Biega.

we’ve had Biega for how many years.
When’s the season he’s gonna ‘step’ up?

is Biega gonna put up top 4 defensive production?
FOH

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Uh, what did he do last year? How did he look in pre-season? I liked him better than Benn most of the time. But once again, we are allergic to cheap homegrown talent. It’s horse**** and I’m ****ing sick of it.

LOL

We had Biega for how many years, the romanticized fascination on players who are just fillers need to stop

Bye Biega, good luck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad