Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Ian Cole signs with the Canucks (1 year, $3M)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Now keep saucy under 4 million, and 4 years.

And I can officially say the Benning era is over
Gudbranson made 4.79% and then 5.33% cap hit at time of signing for his contracts with the Canucks, so I think anything under 5.33% cap hit and everyone will call it a good deal, and anything over 5.33% cap hit and everyone will call it a bad deal, because a guy like Soucy is going to be measured against Gudbranson his entire time here. I am worried that casual fans won't understand his role on the team and will sour on him when he doesn't join the rush or something, so mitigating the comparison by minimizing Soucy's weight against the cap should be top of mind when negotiating with him.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Love the length.
5917ae1bfe663cf3-1200x675-1175192495.jpg

But yeah, it's a good signing, so long as he can go hard all year.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Somewhere out there McJedi is mad that this is actually a good deal
Mad. Not at all. Finally was my first thought.

Finally.

I’m amazed and impressed. Note it took Vancouvers collective GMs several years too long to realize you don’t sign long term contracts with bottom pair D or middle six wingers.

If cole doesn’t work out, he can be retained at 50% and traded or he’s simply a UFA next year.

I can actually wrap my head around the GMs thesis here. I’m stunned this isn’t a $3 x 3 year deal. That would have been so Vancouver.

Last edited:

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013

Finally.

I’m amazed and impressed. Not it took Vancouvers GM several years too long many to realize you don’t sign long term contracts with bottom pair D or middle six wingers.

If cole doesn’t work out, he can be retained at 50% and traded or he’s simply a UFA next year.

I can actually wrap my head around the GMs thesis here. I’m stunned this isn’t a $3 x 3 year deal. That would have been so Vancouver.

There’s a new GM in Vancouver.

Reactions: Bgav

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Finally.

I’m amazed and impressed. Note it took Vancouvers GM several years too long to realize you don’t sign long term contracts with bottom pair D or middle six wingers.

It took Allvin “several years” as GM to learn something while only being a GM for a year and a half?

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
There’s a new GM in Vancouver.
I feel bad for 4th liners and bottom pairing D's around the league. Gone are the days that they can get $1-2m too much per year and 2-3 years too long from Benning's Canucks. Gauranteed millions more than deserved.

The Vancouver gravy train has left the station.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad