Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Ian Cole signs with the Canucks (1 year, $3M)

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If accurate it looks like Canucks might need to make another move to fit a backup goalie in

canuckfaithful

Jun 6, 2012
Hughes and Hronek will have to carry that entire d corps if this is how they are going to fill it out.
I don’t think you know too much about these players then. Cole in Tampa has amazing numbers. Shot suppression scoring chances against things like that, he excels. Ideally, he be a few years younger, but as long as he’s priced right, he is exactly what they need on the backend. Same with Soucy! 6 foot five,235 pound defenseman are what you need to beat people on the boards and break up the cycle. Big defense are part of championship teams. If these players play more defensive, minded games, making them good matches for Hughes and Hronek!

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I think ROR would be a great add for this team. I am scared of the term and value that it would cost to have him. I think it would help change the culture.

Reactions: Siludin

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If we moved Myers and with the LTIR money we would have ample room to ad a third line Center $5-6m, soucy $3m, cole $3m, Schenn $2m

Leaves us with $4m ish in LTIR and we have a tough defence to play against.

Last edited:

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Pius Suter would be a nice fit. He can play 3C and he can play up and down the lineup. He’s a very underrated, all around player.

I like the Soucey fit, and Cole isn’t bad at all. He’s obviously not long-term but he’s solid. As for Holl, he really is the RH Chiarot. He’s can carry the third pair and be solid. It’s when he plays in the top 4, he tries carrying the play and gets himself in trouble. Like Chiarot, if he ever would just play within himself, he can be a pretty good player. Sometimes it was the Leafs fault too. They put him in positions he shouldn’t have been put in. So it could work, but it could also go sideways.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He is thinking around three years, 3m for each-ish.

Seems reasonable

I think even $4m x 4 would be reasonable for Soucy. I watched him all year in Seattle and he looked the part of a middle pair D. Too many penalties but the D is good and he can dart in and make plays too.

Cole has long been very underrated. I'm not sure if a 3 year deal is a good idea at his age but $3m is fine for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad