Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CGY] Elias Lindholm for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, cond. 2024 4th

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Few Canuck fans actually felt Kuzmenko was strictly a cap dump, many would have liked to keep him if circumstances were a little better. Unfortunately, Kuzmenko and Tocchet just didn't mesh, but Kuz was a fan favourite his whole time here.

It was almost exclusively other teams' fans who were convinced Kuzmenko was a cap dump, despite consistent reporting that other teams were interested if the Canucks decided to move him.
I'm impressed with how Canucks fans are still cheering for Kuz to be successful despite being a Flame, gives me Tanev vibes (in terms of popularity)... Unrelated to this trade but we've also seen the same with most Devils fans and Sharangovich too.

Guys like Kuz, Rango are so easy to cheer for. It's only 2 games and I'm already a Kuz Hound

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Well they are not a good team.
But I'll guarantee they'll be better with the package they got rather than paying Lindholm the $9m he wanted. I also highly suspect Lindholm should have took the flames offer, he may have threw away $20+ million

Reactions: 1989

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lindholm is not a good offensive player, not even close to 9M worth. He has good all round skills but he can’t create offense for his line mates. You can even argue he can’t create his own offense.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Lindholm is not a good offensive player, not even close to 9M worth. He has good all round skills but he can’t create offense for his line mates. You can even argue he can’t create his own offense.
What I see of Lindholm is that he's a brilliant facilitator. He augments good players really well.

I have seen probably every Canucks game this season other than 5, but 2 of the 5 are the last two games (Boston and Detroit) so while I am quite familiar with Lindholm from watching him play for Carolina and Calgary, I have only seen him play a full game for us once thus far.

But I noticed him winning battles, taking good angles on the puck, and getting open and getting his stick open. His deflection goals were deft, and he also managed to get lost and set up alone in front like 4 times against Carolina, but the players are just figuring each other out so the passes would be just out of his reach, or go between his legs, and since none of them ended in shots I imagine a lot of people forgot they happened.

I like Lindholm and have confidence he will show to have been a good acquisition.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What I see of Lindholm is that he's a brilliant facilitator. He augments good players really well.

I have seen probably every Canucks game this season other than 5, but 2 of the 5 are the last two games (Boston and Detroit) so while I am quite familiar with Lindholm from watching him play for Carolina and Calgary, I have only seen him play a full game for us once thus far.

But I noticed him winning battles, taking good angles on the puck, and getting open and getting his stick open. His deflection goals were deft, and he also managed to get lost and set up alone in front like 4 times against Carolina, but the players are just figuring each other out so the passes would be just out of his reach, or go between his legs, and since none of them ended in shots I imagine a lot of people forgot they happened.

I like Lindholm and have confidence he will show to have been a good acquisition.
He is a good player, do everything well but for 9M, you would want someone to carry your offense, not a facilitator.

Reactions: Aqualung and 1989

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
He is a good player, do everything well but for 9M, you would want someone to carry your offense, not a facilitator.
Oh we won't be giving him 9 million and Calgary is better off for not having done so.

For me, I would consider him at 6 years for 7.5 million or less. And he seems like the sort of guy who just might take a little less than peak if he likes the fit.

But if he wants 9, it won't be here unless Petey refuses to stay and Management panics, which I think is unlikely.

Reactions: Play

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You need to stop living in the past. $9m doesn't get you a player that carries your offense any more.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm impressed with how Canucks fans are still cheering for Kuz to be successful despite being a Flame, gives me Tanev vibes (in terms of popularity)... Unrelated to this trade but we've also seen the same with most Devils fans and Sharangovich too.

Guys like Kuz, Rango are so easy to cheer for. It's only 2 games and I'm already a Kuz Hound

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

In my case, he wasn't the issue on that line. For me, it was Tocchet's determination to have Mikheyev and Pettersson on the same line. Their styles don't mix and he was the wrong type of winger for Pettersson and Kuzmenko. I would have preferred moving Mikheyev instead of Kuzmenko in the deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ok what about carrying his line? Would you pay him 9M?
Never said I'd want to pay him $9, just pointing out that guys that can carry a team are getting far more than $9m now.

Based on other signings for centers, I'd say he should be somewhere between Kadri (7x7) & Scheifele (7x8.5). He not as good offensively as Scheifele, and is comparable to Kadri in that regard. Defensively he's better than both and one of the best in the NHL.

So while $9m may be an overpay, based on comparables, it wouldn't be egregiously so.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
**** everytime I see this thread title from the main page I think there is a new trade....

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
**** everytime I see this thread title from the main page I think there is a new trade....
I feel like they need a system where the colour of confirmed trade links switches to pink or orange or something after a week. Red should be breaking news only.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I feel like they need a system where the colour of confirmed trade links switches to pink or orange or something after a week. Red should be breaking news only.
Yeah, maybe when it gets unpinned it gets a new flair?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Yeah, maybe when it gets unpinned it gets a new flair?
I’m fascinated by your character , Lunatik. I want to know more about your thoughts on reality, sanity , and the invisible

As for the thread flair colour thing, complete nonsense. @Ezpz and I do say that kindly and with a warm heart

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’m fascinated by your character , Lunatik. I want to know more about your thoughts on reality, sanity , and the invisible

As for the thread flair colour thing, complete nonsense. @Ezpz and I do say that kindly and with a warm heart
Nothing to be fascinated about.

Was a fan of the album Lunitik Muzik by The Luniz and didn't like the spelling, so I tweaked it and have been using it ever since. 🤷

But... Reality is different for everyone as our experiences shape our realities. Sanity is like saying "normal" there are so many varying degrees, that almost everyone and almost no one fit. No thoughts on invisibility.

Reactions: Play

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Lindholm is a good all-around player. You can win with him I think. He's only elite on the PK and at faceoffs. But he's good at everything pretty much. He's good on the wall, good defensively, has a good shot, can string plays together. He's just not dynamic. He's the exact opposite of Kuzmenko who brings a dynamic element, but is horrible at all the details. Canuck fans will like Lindholm. The closer you watch him the more you appreciate his game.

I do think he will get 9M from someone if he wants it. What other center options are there in free agency? He's the only top 6 guy assuming Stamkos stays with Tampa.

• Love
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Please list all the Right Shot Centres in the NHL who are better than Lindholm both offensively and defensively.

There may be 10.

Meaning 22 teams don't have one.

The Canucks have a top RHC now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Pettersson

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Please list all the Right Shot Centres in the NHL who are better than Lindholm both offensively and defensively.

There may be 10.

Meaning 22 teams don't have one.

The Canucks have a top RHC now.
10? Idek if theres any rh C better than lindholm defensively now that bergeron is retired.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
Kuzmenko and Huberdeau about to take the flames to 4-5 goals a game team and both be PPG players the rest of the year LOL.

Flames got better instantly and got a pick and a prospect out of it.

Might get them in the playoffs and a deep run. The flames problem has always been scoring the last 2-3 years, very complete team, just couldn't put up 3+ goals a game consistently. Hence why they had so many overtime losses and 1 goal games in sitters last year. I think like 15-20 OTLs.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Kuzmenko and Huberdeau about to take the flames to 4-5 goals a game team and both be PPG players the rest of the year LOL.

Flames got better instantly and got a pick and a prospect out of it.

Might get them in the playoffs and a deep run. The flames problem has always been scoring the last 2-3 years, very complete team, just couldn't put up 3+ goals a game consistently. Hence why they had so many overtime losses and 1 goal games in sitters last year. I think like 15-20 OTLs.

Good for them, there won't be too many salty Canuck fans about Kuzmenko. He was pretty broadly liked as a person, but it was clear he didn't fit in with Tocchet's system.

The Canucks are very happy to get his 5.5 off the books for next season, it makes re-signing Pettersson and Hronek much easier, maybe they can even fit in Lindholm too if it comes at a good price. Kuzmenko has all the skill in the world, but if he doesn't see the ice, then it doesn't really matter. We're all glad he's playing well with Huberdeau.

Reactions: nucks88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad