Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CAR] Canucks acquire 2015 3rd (66TH OA), 2016 7th for G Eddie Lack | Pt 2

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Lack will be statistically better then either of our goalies next season. Calling that right now.

Lack is going to suck and then we will really see what we lost which is nothing. Nice guy, good twitters but like Bieksa, Boogard, they are not great at NHL hockey. Lack is not bad don't get me wrong but he'll be out of the NHL in 3 years.

He's not the next coming.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
And yet no one was willing to give up more than a 3rd for him. Hmmmmm. Sounding like how Santorelli should have been signed to term, despite the entire league disagreeing.

Then it was even more clear that we shouldn't have traded him since he was undervalued. Just a straight up stupid move.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
maybe he's not the next coming, but lets not piss on the value of reliable league-average goaltending. it means something. Miller is below average and likely to trend down. Eddie was likely trending up, as well.

Plus he was entertaining. Without him the Canucks will commit the sin of being bad and being boring.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Lack is going to suck and then we will really see what we lost which is nothing. Nice guy, good twitters but like Bieksa, Boogard, they are not great at NHL hockey. Lack is not bad don't get me wrong but he'll be out of the NHL in 3 years.

LMAO.. Who are you? Where did the Boogard comparison come from.. Lol i'm not even mad that is just comical

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
lol Bieksa was a top pairing D-man in his prime.

Pure character assassination from Nick Lang.

This is the crappy stuff Bruins fans do - pretend their players suck after a big trade to justify a bad thing that happened.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It's certainly a bold move by management. There is a pretty good chance he can be a good (.920+) backup, though, even if he's not destined for greatness. A lot of guys do it.

Bold? Bold would have been accepting the loss of face and moving Miller then running with 2 youngish goalies.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Lack is a good goalie, however I think the difference between him and miller currently is being overblown. Yes based on last season I MIGHT give lack a slight edge, just do to millers inconsistency. Although I probably give the edge to eddie last year, its really not by much. Nor do I think eddie will drastically outperform miller next year, because I really dont think miller was that awful. Top 15 goalie? Nah, but not a poor goalie YET IMO. OBV 5 years from now eddie >>>> millier, but thats just my 2 cents.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
you have got to be kidding me.

First I have no dillusions about this team, I've wanted a rebuild for 2 years. In that regard I don't mind trading Lack because it makes the team worse.

Having said that if we've gotten to the point that Benning is so bad we're now pretending it's some sort of secret tank that's pretty scary.

Benning is absolutely trying to make this team stronger, and he's doing this. My issue isn't with what has happened, it's the intention behind it. This buffoon actually believes keeping Miller over Lack makes the team more competitive, that's horrifying.

The competence of this current management group just got exposed for what it really is.

THIS for days.

The same way he's dropping defensemen. While we need defensemen. :huh:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Lack is not going to do well behind Carolina's lineup.

They've got no depth up front and their only good dmen as of right now is Faulk

So judging solely by his statistics next season will be moot

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015

HAHAHA Ohhh my. So much utter nonsense.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Lack is a good goalie, however I think the difference between him and miller currently is being overblown. Yes based on last season I MIGHT give lack a slight edge, just do to millers inconsistency. Although I probably give the edge to eddie last year, its really not by much. Nor do I think eddie will drastically outperform miller next year, because I really dont think miller was that awful. Top 15 goalie? Nah, but not a poor goalie YET IMO. OBV 5 years from now eddie >>>> millier, but thats just my 2 cents.

Difference is 422% extra cap and 7.5 years age gap, without accounting for sv%.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
So the smart move would have been move no one and lose a goalie on the waiver wire? Agree to disagree then.

The smart move would have been to get rid of Miller. Unfortunately that's something they wouldn't have explored doing.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014

Canes were actually a decent possession team last season. The Staal bros are monsters, and they've got some good young forwards. Agreed that D is an issue though. They need to pick someone up in free agency, and wait for their prospects to develop. What sunk them last season was the 3rd worst goaltending in the league on par with Edmonton and Dallas. Lack will have a great year IMO.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

He only has to beat out Cam Ward for the starter's job - which shouldn't be difficult *IF* they're 'new' management team isn't already set on re-signing Cam Ward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad